• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What's on your mind right now?

I read mangas and lately manhuas mostly. The western comic i liked most was the sandman series. It was so hard to find those as a child.

Childhood memories. Drinking cans of dandelion and burdock, Being told by other kids, "that's alcohol, you can't drink that"..me:" Huh? wot you talkin bout mate.."*perplexed.* Playing conkers. Climbing things. Taunting dogs with friends. Friends getting bit by dogs. Friends falling down side of hill, school expedition, and getting covered in blood, crying. "Where he go? he was just here a second ago..." Just...Pleasant childhood memories. But what I remember most is...dandelion and burdock. Lion bars too. Space raiders. I had a terrible diet...It's almost embarrassing.

I saw that Dave Chappelle was attacked by a man on stage. He ran onto the stage. And I was thinking, is it Will Smith..? :) I'll bet we will soon see memes about that.

It would be disturbing if Smith's so highly-publicized act promotes others to suddenly respond in a hostile manner to standup comedy. Ironic to consider the one longtime standup comedian whose routine didn't seem to offend anyone.

-A guy named Bill Cosby. :oops:

Life is likely to be more offensive than art. o_O

Last edited:
I just had some of that Bob Evans-brand macaroni and cheese. It was delicious, but my parents think it was too spicy, probably because of the pepper jack cheese in it. I like pepper jack a lot, it gives a lot of flavor to it. Oh well, everyone likes different things.

It would be disturbing if Smith's so highly-publicized act promotes others to suddenly respond in a hostile manner to standup comedy.

It's very simple. Morality. You either avoid, ignore or respond with a equal use of force. If somebody verbally insults, you, you can insult them back. No more. Or else you are the aggressor.

If some physically assaults you, though you can not ignore. You have a responsibility to defend yourself. But if somebody throws a rock at you. You cannot fire a machine gun at them. That would be disproportionate.

Oh, yeah Bill Cosby, clean routine, dirty lifestyle. He was convicted right? I don't follow up on that stuff.

It's very simple. Morality. You either avoid, ignore or respond with a equal use of force.

It's not as simple as you may think when you consider varying circumstances and jurisdictions of what legally constitutes self-defense. Particularly considering places that support "castle doctrine" style defenses, or conversely those few states where a "duty to retreat" is mandatory.

Even more complex with differences in legal and political climates that may divide a state in half, like Northern and Southern Nevada. Where an acquittal in one jurisdiction could result in a conviction in another. Stand your ground in Reno and you'll come out whole. Do so in Las Vegas.....maybe. Maybe not.

Last edited:
Moral Laws and legal laws are not the same thing. For e.g. It was technically legal to beat down, hose down, and harass with dogs certain protesting Americans In the 1950's/60's.

Unless you live in a Theocracy, then moral law is technically legal law. But the two are not aligned. Doing something moral, like speeding to get to a location, may be technically breaking the law, but if you are doing it to rush somebody to the hospital because they are dying. It is moral in my eyes. If you are speeding cause you are showing off, intoxicated, for kicks. That's is something different.

Morality is internal mode of conduct you adopt of your own free will. Laws are externally imposed force, threatening punishment for disobedience. That is my understanding.

Doing something moral, like speeding to get to a location, may be technically breaking the law, but if you are doing it to rush somebody to the hospital because they are dying. It is moral in my eyes. If you are speeding cause you are showing off, intoxicated, for kicks. That's is something different.

Yet if you are prosecuted, it would still be up to a legal system to determine a legal outcome. Which may or may not parallel your perception of what is moral. ;)

In essence when you are a defendant, the ball is in their court- not yours.

Mitigating circumstances. Judge should be lenient. If you are acting within reason with just cause.

You are not a real Judge are you? Work in legal law?

Mitigating circumstances. Judge should be lenient. If you are acting within reason with just cause.

Agreed. One can only hope that is the case if the circumstances warrant such. But it's still their decision.

You are not a real Judge are you? Work in legal law?

LOL. Nope. "Judge" is a nickname based on my stim. Lots of serious pacing. ;)

But I do hold an undergraduate degree in Constitutional Law, Totalitarian Systems and Mass Authoritarian Movements.

Though as a former insurance underwriter I spent a lot of time having to deal with liability and contractual legal considerations. Where the most ideal circumstances often involved keeping virtually all claims from being settled within a civil court.

Agreed. One can only hope that is the case if the circumstances warrant such. But it's still their decision.
I'm not American. But from what I understand, you can appeal all the way up to the Supreme court. If you feel you were prosecuted unfairly. Then that's the final decision.

A woman in Texas killed a guy who broke into her home, she was alone there with three children.

It's not moral to kill a guy for burglary. Wether it's a woman, or cop, but if she's defending herself , then it's all right. If he had a weapon. If he threatened her. IF he was running away and she shot him in the back. Well, that is murder. But frightened people do these things, and if you invested in weaponry, bullets, you are one day gonna want to use it. But the thief brought it on himself, and suffered the consequences. A high penalty to pay,for his own immorality.

I read something about the American castle doctrine in the news here today. A woman in Texas killed a guy who broke into her home, she was alone there with three children. If I did that here, I would be jailed for murder. I'm supposed to politely sit still and hope the police arrive in time. I like Texas.

Yeah, Castle Doctrine is one weird animal. Some places allow for carte blanche when it comes to self defense, while others don't...or have mixed opinions. In Reno here we have a rather famous case. Where a defendant (property owner) shot and killed a squatter on the premise that he thought the squatter was armed, when he wasn't. The defendant walked.

Had that trial taken place in Clark County (Las Vegas), a lot of people suspect he would have done at least four years in state prison for manslaughter. Go figure...:confused:

I'm not American. But from what I understand, you can appeal all the way up to the Supreme court. If you feel you were prosecuted unfairly. Then that's the final decision.

True. Though the Supreme Court also has the right not to hear a case presented to them. Happens frequently where they simply throw the case back to the lower court letting the existing precedent stand. Just as in civil courts here, a civil case can be filed, but there's no guarantee it will be tried in a civil court of law.

It's not moral to kill a guy for burglary. Whether it's a woman, or cop, but if she's defending herself , then it's all right. If he had a weapon. If he threatened her. IF he was running away and she shot him in the back. Well, that is murder. But frightened people do these things, and if you invested in weaponry, bullets, you are one day gonna want to use it. But the thief brought it on himself, and suffered the consequences. A high penalty to pay,for his own immorality.

The difference between what is thought to be moral, versus what is adjudicated as being legal. The Wayne Burgarello case, the one where as a property owner he shot a squatter on his rental property, allegedly "thinking" he was armed. Which in the eyes of the jury was enough to acquit him of manslaughter.

Breaking the law here, has not only consequences with law enforcement, but also with private citizens as well. Though such dynamics can be quite different in other legal jurisdictions.

New Threads

Top Bottom