• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What was the last thing you cooked?

I made orange chicken, or, I tried... and it tastes good but it looks unappetizing so I won't take a picture of it. Lol

Artichokes (just water and using one of those electric pots that you can program, otherwise I'd have burned the house down looking ago)

My daughter came home for the weekend and she made us pizza rolls and caesar salad! I was going to make dinner, but then she begged me to let her cook. Om nom nom. Okay, so maybe I didn't cook it, but I paid for it. lol

BTW I let the aforementioned canned milk sit in the pressure canner for too long. The milk turned brown from being cooked for too long. I mixed up my meat and liquid dairy canning times. It'll be cooking/baking milk- probably good in mac and cheese. Had I left it any longer, it might have become cheese.

Last night I made Cheesy Shells Hamburger Helper. I added frozen baby carrots and peas to make it (slightly) healthier and topped it with real cheese. I know it's not food for the gods, but it's tasty, filling, not too expensive and makes a good amount.

A totally noshable, carefully keto, egg and cheese breakfast sandwich, and a tall cup of iced coffee. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Yeah, I still eat modern foods, and a little junk too, but I'm slowly moving more and more toward a paleo diet. I want everything I eat, eventually, to only be what our distant ancestors would have recognized as food. No artificial additives, all homemade, from simple, whole ingredients.

Oh! And the other night, I canned three quarts of homemade blackberry lemonade, squeezed from local blackberries and blueberries that I had canned as kompot, over the summer. My daughter loves it. I don't drink much juice, so it'll be a lovely beverage, just waiting for her, for when she's home from college.

A Szechwan style stir-fry in olive oil: made with cut up steak, mixed wild field greens, fish sauce, ginger, hot mustard, and fresh squeezed lemon juice.

It has a bright, citrusy, mildly spicy flavor, while the meat is rich and smoky. It's delish.

I used Korean chili paste that comes in tubs and woofed it down with cooked sweet potatoes. I also dreamed about making faux potato salad using cauliflower in place of potatoes cut small.

Scallop skewers with brown sugar wrapped in bacon, and mashed sweet potatoes. Smells pretty damn good.

0C672FF5-3C9B-4285-B170-279C79FD6CC0.jpeg

"cooked"

1668777862055.png

my favorite normal salad = greek salad (I don´t really like normal cabbage, it has less vitamins and often has insects in it) - cabbage is the salad when you don´t want to give out money, it´s the cheapest version of salad

other salads I like are noodle salad or potato salad.

noodle salad (example picture):

1668778063684.png

Am cooking at the moment, currently burning some onions and chillies with a bit of black pepper and some sweet hungarian paprika. It's nothing flash, I'm doing Braised Steak and Onions. I'll have some mashed potato with it.

This is a big moment for me, the first time I've cooked properly in many weeks, ever since they made me get rid of my little gas stove.

[Edit]

It has now turned in to a huge pot full. I bought some steak online because it was cheap and I expected it to be poorly cut. That's why I decided to do braised steak, to use up all the offcuts after I trimmed the steaks. The whole lot was so poorly cut that it has all ended up in the pot. Smells bloody good though!

Last edited:
I'm baking a pan of Tater Tot Hotdish right now for supper. To those of yooze not in the Midwest, hotdish is a casserole.

I'm also making burgers for those in the family that won't eat the hotdish. They're crazy.

Eggs over medium, with sliced avocado, and a small handfull of fresh blueberries.

Just perfect when complemented with blond roast coffee that I French pressed with peppermint leaves that I harvested and dried myself. A little half and half and sweetener, and breakfast is ready.

"cooked"

View attachment 89011

my favorite normal salad = greek salad (I don´t really like normal cabbage, it has less vitamins and often has insects in it) - cabbage is the salad when you don´t want to give out money, it´s the cheapest version of salad

other salads I like are noodle salad or potato salad.

noodle salad (example picture):

View attachment 89013

Hello @Shaddock . You have stated that you are not a native English speaker. When you said cabbage, did you mean to say "Lettuce"? Lettuce is almost always eaten raw, in salads.

1668967508528.png

Iceberg Lettuce is the most common variety of lettuce. It has very little nutrition, and is mostly water. What do you call it in your language?

1668967604410.png

My favorite lettuce is Butter Lettuce. It is very tender and has a slight buttery taste. What do you call it in your language?

1668967698573.png

Cabbage looks similar to lettuce. But it is a different kind of vegetable. It is much crunchier, and lasts longer in the refrigerator. In American cuisine, it is usually cooked. But it is also eaten fresh as Saurkraut or in a salad called Coleslaw.

1668968368513.png

This is Coleslaw, a salad made from cabbage.

The most common recipe includes shredded cabbage and carrots, with mayonnaise, buttermilk, salt and pepper, a little sugar, and a splash of vinegar. Sometimes it is made from other vegetables, like shredded broccoli. Or raisins are added. How do you say Coleslaw in your language?

1668968683777.png

I used Korean chili paste that comes in tubs and woofed it down with cooked sweet potatoes. I also dreamed about making faux potato salad using cauliflower in place of potatoes cut small.
I've been getting very creative with cauliflower lately. It is a vegetable that I used to hate, but now I've learned delicious ways to substitute it for potatoes or rice.

Make it and tell me how it turned out!!

I've been getting very creative with cauliflower lately. It is a vegetable that I used to hate, but now I've learned delicious ways to substitute it for potatoes or rice.

Make it and tell me how it turned out!!
I have seen recipes to cook the cauliflower a little but but first cut it into small potato like chunks. Then steam a but, cool down. Then mix with your potato salad fixings. You could puree tofu, then mix with mayo, and you have protein incorporated also.

Last nite l cut my kimchi, fried it with onions. Then l made a sauce of soy, mirin, stevia, Korean chili paste and put aside. I chopped garlic, ginger up. So it was cabbage, added to noodles and the above ingredients and l served my guest - kimchi noodles. It was a success and the first time l ate kimchi.

New Threads

Top Bottom