• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What was the last movie you watched?

"Three Came Home"

The true story of a British diplomat, his American wife and son who were interred in a Japanese POW camp from 1942 to 1945 in North Borneo. I've seen it a few times before, knowing that one of the real-life survivors who knew these people was our neighbor when I lived on the island of Guam in the late 50s.

Not quite a move but, the mini series Tut. I finally found time to watch all three parts back to back. Avan and Kiley rocked it, I think and, of course Sir Ben Kingsley was great, as he always is in anything he does.

Snow White And The Seven Dwarfs. One of my all time favorite films. I always cry at the end. I don't know why, can't really explain it, but it's one of those films that just gets me every time. Disney movies in general seem to have that effect on me.

Mall Cop 2. We ate dinner with one of our daughters and her family last night. They rented a movie for after dinner. One of the kids picked this movie. I was not impressed, but everyone else liked it.

Terminator: Genisys... in 3d (because it's not playing anywhere in 2d... it also marks the first time I saw a movie in 3d ever).

But given that I quite like the Terminator franchise... (well, bar that awful T3 one... and that mediocre Salvation)... I quite enjoyed most of it.

I thought T3 was ok and Salvation was beyond terrible, but I'm glad you enjoyed the new one. How was the 3D? Because that is one of the things I've heard most praise about.

Anyway the last film I saw was Hector and the Search for Happiness. It was good, a lot better than I thought it would be.

I thought T3 was ok and Salvation was beyond terrible, but I'm glad you enjoyed the new one. How was the 3D? Because that is one of the things I've heard most praise about.

This being the first 3d movie I ever saw, I can't really compare if the 3d features were "good"... for most it didn't bother me as much as I expected it to... but since the theatre only screened the 3d version and not the 2d version (a rather disturbing trend IMO) I had to suck it up I suppose

Metropolis, 1927.
The "Machine-Man" looked female to me.
Later the image of a human female was
imposed onto the "Machine-Man."
b678ece88e7303022b4e38212c883aae.jpg

Here is a picture of that process.
Very good special effects, I thought, for the era.
I have a copy of this film in my archives :)

"Pixels"

Great geek film :)

I'm curious to see that one, but I would expect it to be something like Battleship, Street Fighter or Mars Attacks: Definitely terrible and not in any way a good film, but that awesome kind of terrible that you just can't bring yourself to hate no matter how bad it is.

I'm curious to see that one, but I would expect it to be something like Battleship, Street Fighter or Mars Attacks: Definitely terrible and not in any way a good film, but that awesome kind of terrible that you just can't bring yourself to hate no matter how bad it is.

And that about sums it up :)

Der Baader-Meinhof Complex. Ruddy inspirational stuff; I sort of want to get a BMW now and dye my hair blonde :)

Terminator Genisys (in 2D) and I actually liked it. I don't know if it was better than people are saying or if what people are saying made my expectations so low that it could only be better, I just know that it was a lot of fun and while the story might have a lot of holes in it, it made enough sense when watching it and I don't think any of those plot holes are extreme enough that they don't fall into the usual time paradox traps that any Terminator movie suffers from.

I look forward to buying the Blu-ray and seeing it in 3D.

They Came Back. 2004 French non-violent zombie movie. Basis of Les Revenants (The Returned) series.

They Came Back. 2004 French non-violent zombie movie. Basis of Les Revenants (The Returned) series.
Interesting; I have watched Les Revenants and didn't know this was an inspiration for it. Must make note to check out at some point.

Interesting; I have watched Les Revenants and didn't know this was an inspiration for it. Must make note to check out at some point.

It's the same concept but different story. Les Revenants series 2 starts soon. :)

Ex Machina

I didn't care for it, it felt like a student project, as far as screenplay and such. But I liked the production design and cinematography, and the lead actress (Alicia Vikander) was outstanding.

New Threads

Top Bottom