• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What was the last movie you watched?

Star Wars: The Force Awakens.

I have watched it about seven times already. Thank goodness I own it.

Star Wars: The Force Awakens.

I have watched it about seven times already. Thank goodness I own it.

The Last Jedi was on Sky last night, I bought it on Blu Ray the other week, £8 from CEX, but it's repeated on Sky every day at the moment, it's a great movie despite the opinion of butt hurt Star Wars geeks who have an axe to grind against Disney.

"The Rite"

Anthony Hopkins as a Catholic priest and exorcist, who himself becomes possessed by a demon. Allegedly based on a true story.

Snow White and the 7 Vertically Challenged Miners, er I mean Dwarfs, and I still cry every time at the bit towards the end where the Dwarfs think Snow White is dead and put her in a Coffin, yeah that bit gets me every time.

Snow White and the 7 Vertically Challenged Miners, er I mean Dwarfs, and I still cry every time at the bit towards the end where the Dwarfs think Snow White is dead and put her in a Coffin, yeah that bit gets me every time.

Yeah, that 'funeral' scene is one of the saddest Disney moments - especially as you not only see the Dwarves all sobbing for a woman who basically was a mother to them but also hearing that organ music just really gives you the whole feel of a funeral.
I wonder how many kids cried their eyes out during that scene when they went to go see it the film at the cinemas when it was first released?

"American Psycho"

Leatherface trades his mask and farm for a suit, briefcase and a facial on Wall Street. :p

Attack of the The Eye Creatures.
https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Film/AttackOfTheEyeCreatures

It was really bad.
The creatures looked like they had ping pong balls under their skin.

The continuity was pitiful.
"Night" scenes were broad daylight.

And the extra "the" in the opening credits was a tip on how this
was going to go......

The Eye Creatures is a Made For TV B-Movie concerning a purported Alien Invasion in a small town, a word-for-word remake of the classic Invasion of the Saucer Men. The military moves to cover up this incursion, but local "teens" Stan and Susan stumble across some of the aliens anyway. You can guess what happens when they try to raise the alarm, and it doesn't help when a couple of aliens kill a drifter and frame Stan and Susan for the death. Seems it's up to the kids to save the day so they can get back to eloping.

The title of the film was changed to Attack of the The Eye Creatures for re-distribution by adding the text "Attack Of the" to the top of the existing title card, resulting in an extraneous onscreen "the".

Fortunately, it was the MST3K version. :)

El Cid (1961)

El-Cid-Pelicula-1961.jpg

El Cid

Disney's Dumbo, that bit where he meets his Mum in the "Mad Elephant" cage gets me crying every time because it makes me want me Mum.

I felt like it mostly consisted out of characters being introduced and that there wasn't much of a storyline. Did you like it?

It was a rollercoaster ride to say the least.
Granted, a fair few characters were introduced but I think most people just focused on the heroes we've already seen established fighting Thanos as he gathered all the Infinity Stones - which was pretty much all I did.

New Threads

Top Bottom