• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What was the last movie you watched?

I started watching the original Robocop on Netflix last night but had to turn it off, my Parents don't like the swearing and violence.

Last edited:
Ever since I saw that name mentioned in Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (it's one of the Chocolate Frog wizard cards Ron and Harry exchange on the train) I have wondered if J K Rowling is aware that it's also the name of a place in Switzerland. :)

Probably. Apart from her being aware of a small town in Tasmania with the same name as well. Designed architecturally as a small Swiss village back in the 80s.

Apparently she is or was a property owner in Tasmania.

Grindelwald, Tasmania - Wikipedia

No Cookies | The Advertiser

Last edited:
Probably. Apart from her being aware of a small town in Tasmania with the same name as well. Designed architecturally as a small Swiss village back in the 80s.
Grindelwald in Switzerland, incidentally, is pronounced Grin-dell-valt, not Grindle-walled.

The Black Panther. Being multiracial, I found it refreshing to see an all black cast and while such hyped up action movies are usually not my style, I think we need to see more diversity in the movies offered.

Wreck it Ralph 2: Ralph Breaks The Internet 7.5/10.

Good Disney animated movie, typical sequel, not as good as the first one IMO.

Last edited:
"Tora Tora Tora" (1970)

The definitive film about the events that led up to the Japanese attack
on Pearl Harbor, December 7th, 1941.

Disney's Cinderella (1950), a classic Fairy tale featuring an attractive main character who finally gets her man, the Prince.

Grindelwald in Switzerland, incidentally, is pronounced Grin-dell-valt, not Grindle-walled.
I guess Grindle-walled is just what English speakers make of this German name/word when trying to pronounce it.
I haven't watched the movie, but just had a look at the trailer to listen to the pronunciation of Grindelwald's name.
I watched the German trailer as well in comparison. As I expected, Grindelwald is pronounced Grin-dell-valt there, just like the town.

The last movie I watched was this one:

New Threads

Top Bottom