• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What was the last movie you watched?

upload_2018-8-20_13-5-44.png

"Let's do the Time Warp again...."
They used a Flux Capacitor, too.

No more Sharknado films?

I'd feel better if we could get this officially in writing from the Sy Fy Channel's legal department. :p

But to unemploy Ian Ziering? Oh my. :rolleyes:

I've not seen any of them, but to be honest since I saw Jaws 40 years ago I've been terrified of Sharks in general.

I've not seen any of them, but to be honest since I saw Jaws 40 years ago I've been terrified of Sharks in general.

Jaws is a movie classic. The Sharknado series is more or less a parody of itself. Hungry sharks that get caught up in a tornado only to land on people.

The only really scary thing about these movies is the bad acting. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Invasion (1965)

The film is slow, low budget and relies more on building up a suspenseful atmosphere to an interesting story. It won't be to everyone's taste but I quite enjoyed it.

Invasion (1965)

The film is slow, low budget and relies more on building up a suspenseful atmosphere to an interesting story. It won't be to everyone's taste but I quite enjoyed it.

I like some of the old ones. Haven't seen this & will have to give it a try.

Was on a family vacation in Cape Cod when the movie came out, didn't go back into salt water for a year after that. During the movie I chewed my fingernails to stumps, think it was the first movie that truly frightened me.

Last edited:
Extinction - 2018
Alien Invasion. This was pretty good thru out. Nice twists. Recognized the lead lady and then realized she was Lizzy Caplan from the original Cloverfield. Professional reviewers panned it quite a bit, but one thing I learned is not to trust or even read professional reviewers. I only read regular people reviews and they like it a lot more.

I was already surfing by the time Jaws came out so staying out of the water wasn't an option. I did learn to wait till some girl went out swimming first though. My wife had problems going in indoor pools for decades after seeing it!

Spice World (1998)

The story of how UK girl group The Spice Girls rose to International fame back in the 90's. as mad as it sounds I always did kind of like the Posh one, I preferred Emma though, aka Baby Spice.

Alpha (2018). An interesting film about the bond between a boy and a wolf. It's a bit intense in some parts but I enjoyed it. 8/10

Crazy Rich Asians. I'm not usually one for Rom Coms but I loved this. It's a sweet, funny film with a fantastic cast. 10/10.

"THEM!"

Classic 1952 sci-fi story of giant ants mutated as a result of atomic energy testing.

Funny to see a film including actors later playing Daniel Boone, Marshal Dillon and Mr. Spock who would all later become household names in television.

Last edited:
Christopher Robin, a live action Disney film about Christopher Robin, who is now grown up (played by Ewan McGregor) and his relationship with Winnie the Pooh and other characters, features loads of celebrity voices including former Doctor Who Peter Capaldi as the voice of Rabbit.

I'd rate it 8/10.

"Money Monster"

Interesting tale of a Jim Cramer type personality held hostage on live television by a man who lost his $60k investing in something recommended by the show's host (George Clooney).

A less-than-flattering look at Wall Street and "high-frequency" trading.

Worth watching.

Yesterday I watched a live Cinderella movie made in 2015. When I first turned the movie on I wasn't sure if it would be any good. Turns out the movie was very good and I enjoyed all of it.

The original Lion King by Disney.

I'm sure the forthcoming live action remake will end up being crap, but I'll give it a chance.

New Threads

Top Bottom