• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What was the last movie you watched?

I watched Saw and Saw II. It had been so long since I last watched them that I barely remembered much of either of them. I haven't decided if I want to continue watching the rest. I had kinda given up on the series after Saw III because while I had enjoyed each of the three movies, I felt like they were just milking it by releasing one every year.

I agree with you! It got stupid after the third just watched spiral, the book of saw, and man, they drain these films that the box office isn't grand anymore. They were all over the place with everything. It made my head hurt. They said 2010 was it, then jigsaw in 2017, now spiral in 2021. I read they are making sequels and tv shows. I'm, like no more, please. It is so repetitive.

Halloween Kills

It was stupid.

Everyone I watched Halloween kills it with said it was stupid. I felt like I was in 2009 again because my reaction to kills was similar to Rob Zombie's Halloween 2. I was the only one in the theater who loved it. I was, like. Guys, it is better than that disaster Halloween resurrection!

My friends and I watched "Freaky" which came out this year and I think is supposed to be a loose remake of Freaky Friday. It's meant to be a horror comedy I believe, although I wasn't laughing.
I thought it was terrible. It was full of cliches and stereotypes too. There wasn't much in the way of character development.

I think it was called Pinball Wizard? A documentary about an autistic man who won the world title playing pinball.

I generally watch any TV show or film which has an autistic character or theme for obvious reasons.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/What_Ever_Happened_to_Baby_Jane?_(film)
upload_2021-10-26_16-49-58.png

Bette Davis was 56 when she made this film.
She did her own makeup.
The effect was truly hideous.

upload_2021-10-26_16-48-30.png

There's A Reason For Bette Davis' Excessive Makeup

I don't understand why this has a poor review. This film is entertaining, and the beautiful Gal Gadot does a great job. She'd make a great Bond villain!

One of my favorites- "The Big Chill". :cool:

A first class example of ensemble acting presenting a simple, but profound message.

That it's ok to get older. That most people change to an extent with time. :)

College friends all brought together by the suicide of one of their own.

Last edited:
I think the last movie I saw was "The Last Temptation of Christ". I had only seen it once before, so I popped it in one day. Very controversial film at the time. I have always liked that Sepultura quoted it (or at least the book) for a song on "Arise".

"Tora Tora Tora" (1970)

The attack on Pearl Harbor, December 7, 1941. Exactly eighty years ago today.

"Churchill"

Definitely actor Brian Cox's finest hour as Prime Minister Winston Churchill in the few days before D-Day in June 1944. When the poor man got a terrible case of "cold feet", attempting to convince his king, "Monty" and Eisenhower to postpone the invasion of France.

An attempt which failed miserably, leaving him broken and humiliated. Resulting in the Supreme Headquarters Allied Expeditionary Force (SHAEF) clearly in command, rather than any one head of state.

He was terribly wrong, as history would pan out. Reflecting how the man was so haunted by his fateful (and disastrous) decision in the First World War in launching the invasion of Turkey at Gallipoli in 1915.

Also of note was the performance of Miranda Richardson as Churchill's wife Clementine, who seemed to have a much better understanding of the situation than did her husband.

Last edited:
I think the last movie I saw was "The Last Temptation of Christ". I had only seen it once before, so I popped it in one day. Very controversial film at the time. I have always liked that Sepultura quoted it (or at least the book) for a song on "Arise".

I was surprised how likeable the film is, I was half expecting to be offended, but wasn't.

New Threads

Top Bottom