• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What was the last movie you watched?

Lord of the Rings - The Fellowship of the Ring Extended Edition.

It was a great test for my new soundbar/subwoofer combo. A little rumble in the living room is always a great thing when watching a movie like this.

I was watching a bunch of Studio Ghibli stuff on HBOMax, including "Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind" and "Laputa Castle in the Sky".

The last one I saw was their newest one, "Earwig and the Witch". Being in CG it really lacks the feel of the older Ghibli movies. The story itself is okay, though I do have some criticisms. The promotional poster manages to both spoil something and show something that never really happens.
Honestly, not really worth seeing in theaters, but since I effectively got to see it for free, it's not that bad a movie.

A couple of weeks ago I went into a Netflix "marathon" or addiction lol, in a day I watched all 3 Matrix movies (again), the next day Back to the Future (also all 3 of them) and Apollo 13.

"First Man"

You can skip this one. How Hollywood could make the story of Neil Armstrong and NASA getting to the moon to be like watching paint dry is beyond me. :rolleyes:

You'd think that anyone wanting to chronicle NASA from the 50s to the 60s would be mindful of just how good the Tom Hanks miniseries "From The Earth To The Moon" was...as well as Ron Howard's film "Apollo 13" and Philip Kaufman's "The Right Stuff".

Last edited:
I watched Patriots Day a few nights ago. It was recommended by a friend and I enjoyed it, though it isn't something I would normally watch on my own (I usually stick to horror or comedy genre).

Ondine

220px-Ondineposter.jpg

"Spy Games" (1991)

Realistic drama about a CIA Case Officer (Robert Redford) who recruits a Phoenix Program assassin (Brad Pitt) in the last days of the Vietnam War.

This picture attempts to tell the basic nature of US intelligence, well removed from any James Bond film. That it focuses on the dilemma of serving your country, but having to de-prioritize one's sense of personal morality. Mainly because so much of the job is about cultivating two kinds of "assets". Those who are valued "company" employees or American citizens, who are not so expendable. The other type of assets are usually foreigners who are totally expendable.

Could you live with yourself working in such a capacity over time? I believe this film delivers that message in a very clever manner. Worth seeing.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom