• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What was the last movie you watched?

How to train your Dragon: The Hidden World 7.5/10, OK I missed about 10 minutes of the movie because I fell asleep, but overall it was pretty good.

"Hacksaw Ridge"

A grim yet inspiring story of Private Desmond Doss, a conscientious objector serving as an Army Medic in the invasion of Okinawa in 1945. Where he went back onto the battlefield after his unit had retreated to eventually retrieve 75 wounded men and return them to safety.

He was the first conscientious objector to receive the Congressional Medal of Honor.

Last edited:
The Wolf of Wall Street

Pedantic point: shouldn't it have been called, say, The Lion of Long Island as that's where most of the action takes place?

"Victor/Victoria"

Comedy about an unsuccessful female cabaret singer (Julie Andrews) in the 20s who gains recognition after impersonating a male cabaret singer who pretends to be a female.

Worth seeing. :p

Disney's Robin Hood (1973)

I tell you, that Whistle-stop music by Roger Miller at the beginning of the film is a major ear-worm.

Last edited:
Snow Cake, with Sigourney Weaver, Alan Rickman, Carrie Ann Moss and many others.

It's the story of Alan Rickman as Alex, who picks up a young female hitchhiker and is in an accident, after being hit by a truck, the female hitchhiker does not make it. As he recovers in the nearby hospital he discovers that the young female has a mother and grandparents who raised her. Her mother has autism, lives alone, and had been looked after by her daughter to a certain extent. What I liked about the film is Weaver as an autistic woman, the first portrayal I've ever seen in a film that appealed to me.

She did things that were familiar to me, like dancing to her favourite music and visualizing it, not liking strangers in her home, being somewhat obsessive about cleanliness and when precisely to put the garbage out. Yes, these are co-morbid habits but go a long way toward being indicators of autism.
I'm more high-functioning than the character she portrays, but so many of the behaviours she manifested were close to the way I am in the world.
Think Sigourney Weaver acted an excellent portrayal of an autistic woman.

What I disliked afterwards was reading the rotten tomato reviews, where many reviewers wrote that it was a poor representation of autism in females. To me as a female with autism it was an excellent representation of someone on a spectrum.

Last edited:
La La Land

Maybe it was my mistake that I watched it during work so I didn't pay much attention to the visual side but I expected something more magical from opinions I heard about this movie. I like it anyway but just it.

New Threads

Top Bottom