• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What TV shows do you currently watch?

Star Trek, My Little Pony, Star Trek, Sherlock, Star Trek, Pokemon, Big Bang Theory

Been watching Better Call Saul a bit too

Star Trek, The Big Bang Theory (love this show and the writing), Dr. Who, X-Files and Alaska The Last Frontier. I also watch other random stuff on NatGeo, SyFy and the History Channel

Neighbours
The Chase (including the Australian version on Challenge)
WWE
Top of the Pops 1981
The A Word (New BBC 1 drama about Autism, you should watch, second part's on tonight at 9)
Coronation St
The Simpsons (cos I'm in love with Marge)
The Muppets
Fawlty Towers repeats
Supergirl repeats
Gotham: Rise of the Villains
X Files: New series

Last edited:
I also watch repeats of Bruce Forsyth's Price is Right on Challenge, mainly because I am in love with Emma Steadman.

I like Friends, The Big Bang Theory (Both are really hilarious and I love the comedy in them), Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Teen Titans Go, and Happy Tree Friends (a really graphic show but still very entertaining and funny regardless)

so i got talked into watching the vampire dairies, seriously, vampires are
perves. 500 year old vampire decides to go to highschool, join the
football team and hit on a teenage girl??

but now i am getting hooked on it, must have been mesmerized
be the angsty vampires hypnopowers. i just love to hate this
show, so so very ashamed :oops:

I like to watch PBS. Shows like Nature, Nova and other documentaries. Also on PBS, Doc Martin. On regular TV, I have been watching a lot of these reality shows that take place in Alaska and northern Canada. Like Deadliest Catch, Gold Rush, Ice Road Truckers, Life Below Zero, Yukon Men, The Last Alaskans and others. The thing about these shows is that they are not documentaries and are made for the general public. So there is added drama and they do not always get the facts right. As for scripted shows, I like cop shows ( Maybe I want to be a cop when I grow up? ). Some of the new hospital shows are pretty good also. My wife likes these scripted shows and day time TV.

Does your PBS still show "Are You Being Served?" I really enjoyed it, but for some reason our PBS here quit showing it. I'm thinking about buying the DVD's so I can enjoy it whenever I want.

The PBS programing varies from state to state. "Are You Being Served" is still shown here and I have watched it. I found it because it was on just before "The Red Green Show".

I can't believe there's another person on the planet that knows about Red Green. I'm the only tech on campus that wears suspenders, which the kids love since I have fourteen different novelty pairs. One of the pairs I have are red green. People keep making comment about them being for Christmas, so I have to explain about them being from the Red Green Show. I always get, "Who's Red Green?" When I describe the show they always seem interested, but I don't think anyone has ever bothered to look him up on YouTube. I loved how he made a logging truck out of an old Plymouth Volare, or maybe it was a Dodge Aspen. Whatever the case, it was funny and it actually worked. He's also a huge fan of duct tape.

"I'm a man, but I can change. If I have to. I guess".

Sportster and clg114

I didn't know The Red Green Show was on
youtube. It still airs on WCMU. We watched
Red Green last night.

One answer in the Possum Lodge Word Game
seemed so current, it was hard to believe
the episode was made in 2004.

The word to guess was "duck" and some
clues were "animated character, wacky, &
Donald..." A wrong guess was "Trump."

Sportster and clg114

I didn't know The Red Green Show was on
youtube. It still airs on WCMU. We watched
Red Green last night.

One answer in the Possum Lodge Word Game
seemed so current, it was hard to believe
the episode was made in 2004.

The word to guess was "duck" and some
clues were "animated character, wacky, &
Donald..." A wrong guess was "Trump."

I am somewhat surprised to hear that you watch Red Green. Most ladies do not like it. My wife thinks it is the stupidest thing she has ever seen.

clg114

I am surprised to hear that.
I don't think it's stupid.
The characters don't seem that
far from reality, to me. Exaggerated,
but recognizable in their efforts.

I want to say that I have caught
quite a few possums, by hand
[meaning, grab them], but I can't
think of how that exactly fits in.

Maybe as an example of why the
show appeals to me.

I can't believe there's another person on the planet that knows about Red Green. I'm the only tech on campus that wears suspenders, which the kids love since I have fourteen different novelty pairs. One of the pairs I have are red green. People keep making comment about them being for Christmas, so I have to explain about them being from the Red Green Show. I always get, "Who's Red Green?" When I describe the show they always seem interested, but I don't think anyone has ever bothered to look him up on YouTube. I loved how he made a logging truck out of an old Plymouth Volare, or maybe it was a Dodge Aspen. Whatever the case, it was funny and it actually worked. He's also a huge fan of duct tape.

Canadians: good at sketch comedy, bad at sitcoms. (Seriously: SCTV, Red Green, YCDTOTV, Wayne & Shuster, Kids In The Hall, and stuff unknown outside Canada like Royal Canadian Air Farce, This Hour Has 22 Minutes, and The Rick Mercer Report.) On the other hand, listing the five best Canadian sitcoms includes one that's full of Canadian inside jokes (Made in Canada), one that gets confused with a more recent American show (The Newsroom), one that is basically a generic 1970s sitcom (King of Kensington), one that may not actually count as a sitcom (Trailer Park Boys), and one that outsiders might actually watch (Corner Gas).

Come to Canada. Meet the Red Green fans. :):mapleleaf: And it's not stupid at all, it just looks that way.

clg114

I am surprised to hear that.
I don't think it's stupid.
The characters don't seem that
far from reality, to me. Exaggerated,
but recognizable in their efforts.

I want to say that I have caught
quite a few possums, by hand
[meaning, grab them], but I can't
think of how that exactly fits in.

Maybe as an example of why the
show appeals to me.

did your arms ever heal from the slashing wounds?
i would go spotlighting for opossums with a friend
when i stayed at his place sometimes. he got one
by hand and it shredded his arms to ribbons.

they are a real pest here, striping the bark from
native trees n decimating the bird population.

Don't really watch much TV, but Hell's Kitchen and Bar Rescue are in my top faves. Also Roseanne, Home Improvement, Fresh Prince of Bel-Air are in my DVD library.

New Threads

Top Bottom