• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What TV shows do you currently watch?

epath13

the Fool.The Magician.The...
V.I.P Member
I don't know if there's a thread like this already. I couldn't find any.

So... it's was Sleepy Hollow season finale. I'm not sure when it's coming back. I'm not sure if I like it because it involves paranormal, biblical and historical references and weird speculations, or because of the chemistry between Abbie and Crane. After I watched 2nd Season I was a little disappointed, but now, I am rewatching it and I think I'm starting to understand how creators of the show have been trying to play it. I can see how similar to reality relationships are: under spoken, mundane and frustrating. :) I think it's a pretty good show despite or even... quite possibly... because of its bland moments.

Anyway...
One of my favorite shows and, unfortunately, it is a canceled one. The Perception... about a neuroscientist and professor with schizophrenia. Even though I don't have schizophrenia, and his portrayal seems inaccurate to dome, but nevertheless he's one the most relatable characters for me. Yeah, and he helps FB I solve crimes... well with some help from his hallucinations :)

One more show... the Blacklist. What can I say... good acting, intense storyline... every time I watch I don't want to take my eyes of the screen, they keep me awake, that's for sure :) mysterious high level criminal helps FBI solve crimes, which he usually offers to solve... and, I'm sure everybody believes he's the father of the agent he works with :)

I think those are all the shows. I watch a few others from time to time, but with these I follow every episode.

Last edited:
Currently it seems I have my week mapped out with a new episode from a show every day, lol

The walking dead
Gotham
Better call saul
The Flash
Arrow
Elementary
Grimm

And that leaves saturday to catch up on some shows on Netflix; Masters of sex is the only one at the moment though. I'm going through the last few seasons of True blood as well now since I stopped watching back when Season 5 started (and I don't even know why I stopped watching).

I did check out Sleepy hollow and liked the first season, but season 2... I kinda lost interest. A few other shows I watched recently all are on break since the season ended. American Horror Story, Constantine, Luther. But I guess it's a good thing, I don't know if I'd be interested in forcing myself to watch 3 to 4 hours of tv shows every day, just to keep up to date.

I'm interested in the new Daredevil show, despite not being much of a Marvel comics fan. I might give iZombie a go when it premieres soon and Powers actually sparked my interest

Other than Star Trek reruns? ;)

DH and I are working our way through Flashpoint right now. We don't have cable, so we have to wait for shows to be available on Amazon. We went through Lie to Me before this one. Gotta figure out what to watch next because we're about halfway through all of the Flashpoint episodes already!

Right now I'm watching Supernatural, I can't put the show into words 'cause it's quite strange to describe it, I think that's why I like it so much, and even more since I get into season 4 with the appearance of Misha as Castiel; so expressionless, silly (don't get references, jokes, or take things literally; just like an Aspie), and reserved, makes me feel like an fallen angel (if someone else have watch the show, might know what I'm talking about).
The Mentalist it's another good show I like so much, or at least the first season, I haven't seen far from it, it's about someone like Sherlock, see the persons attitudes, personalities, etc. I quite recommend this show, it's really good show.
Dr. House has a great development of the main character, I just love how the actor make House come to life. And the show it's pretty good itself.
Criminal Minds, I really like the show, it's quite interesting but what I like the most it's Dr. Spencer Reid, character played by Matthew Gray Gubler, actor that confirmed that the character have Asperger's Syndrome, and how it's partners treat him like one of them, an NT.

I just watched the first two episodes of the new Fox Show The Last Man on Earth, I'm liking it so far. "Hello? Hola? Bonjour? Chinese Hello?" :p

I just watched the first two episodes of the new Fox Show The Last Man on Earth, I'm liking it so far. "Hello? Hola? Bonjour? Chinese Hello?" [emoji14]
Oh, yeah. We've started watching it as well. When I saw the adds I thought it was going to be the most boring show ever. My husband, on the other hand, thought it was awesome. So we ended up watching it, and, let me tell you, I enjoyed it. It was fun :) we'll see if it continues being as entertaining as the 1st episode :)

I got a laundry list of shows. Archer, Bob's Burgers, Last Man On Earth. BBC shows like Million Dollar Critic, Q.I., Kitchen Nightmares (I prefer the non-American episodes), and Top Gear. HBO; Last Week Tonight, Looking, and The Jinx. Those are just the ones in season right now.

I got a laundry list of shows. Archer, Bob's Burgers, Last Man On Earth. BBC shows like Million Dollar Critic, Q.I., Kitchen Nightmares (I prefer the non-American episodes), and Top Gear. HBO; Last Week Tonight, Looking, and The Jinx. Those are just the ones in season right now.
I watched most of Kitchen Nightmares epidodes (with Gordon Ramsay). Sometimes I also watch Mystery Diners (which may be fake [emoji52] ).

I just watched 2 seasons of Black mirror; Contemporary satire at it's finest, hah. And I've slowly started watching Äkta människor which is a Swedish show set pretty much in the "now" just with the inclusion of robots, so lifelike, they're like regular people in society. It does raise a few questions and a new set of issues, which I think is an interesting perspective, and doesn't feel overly optimistic.

I've also started Powers and iZombie, 2 shows on my to watch list when I last posted here. Both are awesome so far

I just watched the first two episodes of the new Fox Show The Last Man on Earth, I'm liking it so far. "Hello? Hola? Bonjour? Chinese Hello?" :p

Those episodes were hilarious :D but really, Kristen Schaal's character is the most annoying ever. I can't help but just want to punch someone in the face who corrects my grammar mid-sentence, lol.

Supernatural (On hold, S5 E9)
Torchwood (E5)
BLACKLIST!
Agents of Shield has a second season, I hear. <3

Ok. This is easy for me ...

Outlander (second season coming out in April ... can't wait)
Shortland St (New Zealand drama set in a Hospital)
The Big Bang Theory (any episode I like, especially the new ones)
The Flash (when I can see it, I will)
Wentworth (Beas younger days from Prisoner)
X-Files (new episodes)

Those are just my favourite ones so far. Other than that its just random things that I want to watch.

Black Sails is my current favourite- murder, twists galore and piracy!

Blacklist, Blindspot and Bones, Elementary, Death in Paradise, Mock the Week and Last Leg.

Black Sails is my current favourite- murder, twists galore and piracy!

Blacklist, Blindspot and Bones, Elementary, Death in Paradise, Mock the Week and Last Leg.

I love "The Blacklist" and how Raymond Reddington is utterly both ruthless and morally ambiguous. Except perhaps when it comes to Lizzy. A somewhat unique storyline...

The Australian soap Neighbours, I've watched it on and off since I was a child. Pure escapist rubbish, but it is entertaining. Plus the characters aren't very complex and there aren't too many of them, something that causes me problems with other programmes.

Doctor Who though that isn't back on, except maybe the Christmas special until next year. :( I used to watch welsh TV and picked up a pretty good understanding of the welsh language from it, especially Pobol Y Cwm and music shows but didn't watch for a few years now.

The Apprentice UK, though it always takes me half the series to properly recognise who everyone is and not muddle up the different candidates.

Call the Midwife-I live not far from where it is set and the 1950s and 1960s were my obsession when I was younger, it is also one of the few programmes where I emphasise with the characters fairly well; although sometimes I find it a bit too emotionally wrought and have to switch off for a few minutes.

The Bridge/Bron-Broen-watched in the wrong order, series 3 first then starting from series 1 now (on Netflix). The only Scandi-Noir I could get into.

I recently binged on the first and second (and most recent) seasons of Mozart in the Jungle. Being a former classical musician, and an oboist at that, I found it extremely entertaining; such to the point where I was willing to accept where it was (probably intentionally) going WAY over the top, while at the same time identifying with many aspects of it. Entertainment, but very nerdy and specific, I suppose. (As it happens, I had already read the memoir it was based upon, which is probably what drew me to it)

I don't watch TV.
I rarely have the time to watch TV.
Two or three years ago I saw most of the first season of Vikings. I'd like to see more of that.
Sometimes I see an episode of Gold Rush. I generally try to catch silent Sunday night on TCM when it's on, to see early movies before they had sound. Some of those are actually pretty good.

I rarely have the time to watch TV.
Two or three years ago I saw most of the first season of Vikings. I'd like to see more of that.
Sometimes I see an episode of Gold Rush. I generally try to catch silent Sunday night on TCM when it's on, to see early movies before they had sound. Some of those are actually pretty good.
Yeah, I liked Nosferatu. I usually wait for series' to show up on Netflix.

New Threads

Top Bottom