• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What pathetic things get you raging with anger?

Complete lack of mutual respect between both the youth and the elderly.Young people should respect elders,but equally important is that elders should respect youth :)

Note: My wife's flaws are dwarfed by my flaws, and I am not trying to rant about my wife, but she is a central part of my life. My kids are kids, and for the most part all kids do annoying stuff.

When people do not believe in science.

When people do not believe in math.

When people do not believe in facts.

When people ask me for a professional opinion involving math, and then do not beleve me (when selling insurance it is quite common for people to think that X plan would be better for them when they can save truckloads with plan Y . . . one lady would save ~$4,500 over the year . . . if they just picked the plan that math and I agreed were better . . . . people would rather pay thousands of dollars more in premiums than pay $20 less when going to see the doctor . . . because of stupidity).

Not knowing where my keys are will drive me up the wall. My wife looses keys as a hobby, it would seem. If she borrows my keys I will panic if after asking here where they are, she replies "I don't know, I did not use them" when she did use them as they are not where I keep them.

It also drives me nuts when my wife or kids move my remote controls (as in I have my own set for the specific purpose of me being able to find them) away from where I keep them, and then I cannot find them.

My wife talking on the phone to multiple people, in succession when I want to spend time together after work. Especially if she asks me to turn off a show so that she could use the computer while talking on the phone . . . thus tying up the phone, the computer and the television in my bedroom.

My first-grader asking to borrow my scissors, I always say yes, I always tell her to put them back when she is done, and she never does. I sell things on eBay and have my own set of items that are specifically for packing items on eBay so that I do not have to wander the house doing idiot circles.

The doctors office making me fill out a sheet of paper with the same information every year (same phone number, same insurance, same address, and so on). They want to keep their information up to date, but my information has not changed. They WILL accept me writing in "nothing has changed, stop asking me, I will let you know if something does change" on these forms.

It drives me nuts when a webpage will not let me copy and paste my email address into a field (well anything really). I think it is some attempt to make sure that you enter in the correct information, witch is a paradox in my case because I copy and paste my email to make sure that it is correct.

I think that adding "DO" in front of something is annoying.
Q: What is your favorite color?
A: I do think that blue is my favorite color.
. . . could be . . .
A: I think that blue is my favorite color.
. . . the "do" does not add anything to the statement.

I dislike sales associates at stores asking me if I want help. I will let them know when I want help. It is further annoying when you answer them, and they do not want to go across the store and show you where the thing is that you need help finding . . . after they asked if you needed help. "Do you need help with something" seems to be like a hello to many of them.

Last edited:
Fair enough! I was just going by the majority who really do not care about injustice, so my apologies for that.

However, since this time of year is based on a christian activity, why do you celebrate and what causes you to be an atheist?

If I am wrong even about that ie that you celebrate then again, my apologies :)

Being religious is not a primary requirement for being just. Cooperation is an advantage given to us by evolution and/or god. It makes us better as a species regardless of our religion. Injustice does not foster cooperation.

Convincing someone that an invisible supernatural force will punish them if they are bad . . . whether or not the invisible supernatural force is real or fake . . . does make a great many people do the right thing.

However people can still do the right thing without the threat of an invisible supernatural force keeping them in line. Basically thinking that an invisible supernatural force will punish you if you are a bad person is not required to be a good person.

Religion is more often than not a cohesive force that serves humanity well.

Last edited:
I'm an atheist because I believe that there is no God. I believe in the theory of evolution and if I'm being completely honest (and I mean this with no malice towards you, or anyone else who is religious) I cannot begin to get my head around how anyone would believe that there is a being out there somewhere who just created everything. I don't understand how, in the face of all the science, people can say that evolution is false. I also don't understand how, if there were a God, he would allow all of the terrible things that happen in the world to happen.

Evolution, science, logic and whatnot are not the opposite of religion or god. However these ideas can be the opposite of a given religion or sect.

In America there is a strong movement among Evangelical Christians that science is the opposite of god. Evolution, global warming, and environmental sciences in general are not looked at favorably, and are seen as the opposite of there religion. Evangelical Christians are largely in the Republican (conservative) camp. This is how we get 6% of scientists in America turning up Republican, while 55% of scientists turn up Democrat. It is a real problem. This is turning those who think liberally or logically away from the religious sect they were born into and away from Christianity in general.

To be clear it is not a conservative view to not believe in science. There are plenty of conservative scientists. I would imagine about half of them. Being liberal or conservative is both good, needed, and welcome. We have these differences for a reason. However it is the southern Evangelical Christian tradition that is mixed up with the conservative movement in America that has some strong anti-science elements in it to the point that it should be considered a problem.

When American politicians from the Republican party visit other counties their journalists make it a point to ask questions about science, so that they can laugh at their answers, and sells papers. It is a thing to highlight, laugh at, and make fun of our politicians who do not believe in science.

Then there is basically the whole point of Christianity where Jesus goes on and on and on about how we need to help the poor, yet the Republican Christians vote against helping the poor.

I mean a follower of Christ, that guy who would not stop talking about helping the poor, literally votes against helping the poor? That paradox should make your head explode. It is an amazing thing to both be christian, but yet have a different religion from the founder of that religion at the same time.

I remember talking to a conservative Christian blogger about how she thought that the zoo having an exhibit about water and pollution was some liberal plot to shame us. I showed her the FIRST PAGE (no joke, page one) of the Bible where it basically says that we are in charge of the earth and the animals on it.

The Bible says that we were given domain over creation, and that we are to watch over it. I find it to be a paradox when a Republican politician says something like "god wont let bad things happen." As if he put us in charge so that he could not let us screw up . . . seems like a paradox in the belief system to me.

Religion is check full of paradox.

Last edited:
My husband and I were discussing this and I thought of a really good example of a "big" thing like this that makes my blood boil. If I were to lie in court say, I would be done for perjury and potentially end up in prison. However, Donald Trump and the Leave campaign can tell complete lies, and that's cool. Why hasn't anything actually been done about this? Why aren't more people enraged? Even at the time of such lies being put about, it seemed like nobody was really that bothered and it's the same now. My husband said "well it's because they're powerful people", which yes I obviously understand, but it's not right and that makes me so damn angry.

It is amazing. The man literally said, on Fox News, that we should "take out" the family members of terrorists, because "the terrorists care about there families."

This man will be in charge of our military.

I put my 401(k) into a military mutual fund, and plan on living well off of the spike that these stocks will (likely) enjoy.

I say become a war profiteer, it is what all the cool kids are doing.

Last edited:
The thought of calling a customer service number makes me want to SCREAM. It takes forever, it is set up stupidly, it wastes every minute I am on there, and they have generally don't even fix the thing I'm calling about.

Even worse, I have to repeat everything 3 times because the ****ing Foreign call centre staff don't understand my strong Yorkshire accent.

For this reason I despise talking to my Telephone and Fibre Broadband provider, seriously what idiot in the UK government made it legal for all the big companies to move their call centres to India? Apparently over there the pay is terrible, and they make their staff work stupid hours with very little break time.

Last edited:
For me: about 3 day's ago, I decided to have a go with my bread machine and, yep, make some bread, so I go online to search for a recipe that has no sugar in it and went through a site and proceeded to have choices and so, did the choices and was put right though to tons of recipes and scrolled down, not really liking what I read and then came to one that I did like and looked at the ingredients and thought: that sounds interesting. Bread made with mainly eggs, milk and honey and followed the instructions and voila the next day, had a decent loaf of bread; a bit flat on top, because I had removed the kneeders too soon. Loved it so much. Looked like a brick ( as hubby kindly referred to it, for its shape) but as soft as anything and really tasty. So, coming to the end of it and decide to have another go and, nearly moaned out loud when I saw what I thought I had saved, I had not: the ingredients. I have tried searching the very website that I got it from and cannot find it and in truth, I went into a rage of frustration.

Calmed down now, though, but so upset. I can actually remember most of the ingredients but very hazy on the actual weights etc, which is pretty crucial when making bread.

I do so hate getting this angry and all too often get this way over really silly things!
For me it is my daily routine. I get up at a certain time and have coffee. Then watch the local news doesn't really cover much news. Get ready and go to work. If I oversleep or the coffee doesn't make automatically it throws me off. I get so irritated.

Also I anticipate that the day will go a certain way and it doesn't whacks me out as well.

For me it is my daily routine. I get up at a certain time and have coffee. Then watch the local news doesn't really cover much news. Get ready and go to work. If I oversleep or the coffee doesn't make automatically it throws me off. I get so irritated.

Also I anticipate that the day will go a certain way and it doesn't whacks me out as well.

This is me too. If something doesn't go the way it should in my daily routine, it mucks up my whole day. Also, if I have plans to do something and then that gets changed in any way, it throws a good couple of day out of whack.

Social injustice, people clinging to pseudo-science, toxic personalities, that sort of thing. And the internet of all places really doesn't help in that regard...

Trolls who follow me around to mock me for being a Christian, and make up lies about me to ruin my reputation, friendships, and relations, on AC?:confused:
Guess who they all are?o_O

The fact it's nigh on impossible to get a job if there's the slightest thing wrong with you, especially Asperger's it seems.

Also, just before Christmas I went to see the local Panto, Jack and the Beanstalk at the City Hall, I asked if they did any concessions for disabled adults with carers as I would've had to pay for the carer's ticket as well as my own and they said no, I was a bit annoyed about this as they do concessions at the Lyceum and the Crucible, so I emailed my local MP when I got back as I was convinced this policy was contrary to the 2010 Equality Act, according to the Government Library it isn't! WTF?!

Further proof that the Tories hate the disabled IMO.

I know it's the style, but men wearing their hat while indoors; it's very hard on my nerves.

It's good to know I'm not the only one who feels that way...

Also, just before Christmas I went to see the local Panto, Jack and the Beanstalk at the City Hall, I asked if they did any concessions for disabled adults with carers as I would've had to pay for the carer's ticket as well as my own and they said no, I was a bit annoyed about this as they do concessions at the Lyceum and the Crucible, so I emailed my local MP when I got back as I was convinced this policy was contrary to the 2010 Equality Act, according to the Government Library it isn't! WTF?!

To be honest, even if it's not breaking any laws, you would think they would still do something like that. We have a mini golf place in town, and even they let carers in free!

Further proof that the Tories hate the disabled IMO.

Absolutely.

I know it's the style, but men wearing their hat while indoors; it's very hard on my nerves.

It's good to know I'm not the only one who feels that way...

I hate this too, but even more than hats...people who wear sunglasses indoors :mad:

People being in my room while I'm on the computer.
This, and people looking over my shoulder. It doesn't matter if I'm reading, doing a puzzle or playing a handheld game, there is nothing worse than someone poking their head behind you to get a look. If you want to read an article in a magazine or something I'll let you look when I've finished, it doesn't suddenly become a group activity halfway through. :mad:

This, and people looking over my shoulder. It doesn't matter if I'm reading, doing a puzzle or playing a handheld game, there is nothing worse than someone poking their head behind you to get a look. If you want to read an article in a magazine or something I'll let you look when I've finished, it doesn't suddenly become a group activity halfway through. :mad:

Oh god, my Mum is the worst for this. My sister is always moaning to me how annoying it is that shes constantly looking at the phone screen whenever my sister is out with her somewhere and browsing facebook or whatever. She doesn't do it so much with me, because I usually keep my phone in my hand, rather than on the table while using it. Annoys the crap out of me when she does do it though.

New Threads

Top Bottom