• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What pathetic things get you raging with anger?

Care to share your thoughts on this?

It fills me with rage when people can say things like "alternative facts" with a completely straight face, when what they really mean is "false information". Alternative facts doesn't even make any sense, because saying they're "alternative facts" (to me at least) is admitting that what the media has been reporting are facts..to which the press secretaries comments are an alternative. Facts are facts, you can't just choose to come up with your own alternative to them, and you especially cannot deem your alternative also to be factual.

I'm being facetious, but it would be like me saying "well yes, the Holocaust happened, but that deniers essay about how it actually didn't and all those Jews just left and hid somewhere are alternative facts".

I'm not so good at explaining myself when something makes me really angry, because all I want to do it shout.

It fills me with rage when people can say things like "alternative facts" with a completely straight face, when what they really mean is "false information". Alternative facts doesn't even make any sense, because saying they're "alternative facts" (to me at least) is admitting that what the media has been reporting are facts..to which the press secretaries comments are an alternative. Facts are facts, you can't just choose to come up with your own alternative to them, and you especially cannot deem your alternative also to be factual.

I'm being facetious, but it would be like me saying "well yes, the Holocaust happened, but that deniers essay about how it actually didn't and all those Jews just left and hid somewhere are alternative facts".

I'm not so good at explaining myself when something makes me really angry, because all I want to do it shout.
What are you getting at here? Is it possible to make mistakes when estimating a crowd count? The last time I checked,there were no turnstiles placed all over Washington DC before or during the inauguration,and no one doing a physical head count,so estimates are guesses no matter who compiles the information.Estimates are not facts.
Most of the main stream media in the USA is controlled by the opposition to the political party who now holds the office.It's big business,plain and simple,which amounts to what type of reporting is paying the bills,not which is most accurate. It seems as though the MSM here has been caught with their pants down in the past posting utter non-sense,so why would they change their tactics? They were at war with the President the last time I checked,so maybe that would bias their reporting.
My point is,exactly how will this effect your way of life knowing that there were poorly reported estimates on a crowd size?

What are you getting at here? Is it possible to make mistakes when estimating a crowd count? The last time I checked,there were no turnstiles placed all over Washington DC before or during the inauguration,and no one doing a physical head count,so estimates are guesses no matter who compiles the information.Estimates are not facts.
Most of the main stream media in the USA is controlled by the opposition to the political party who now holds the office.It's big business,plain and simple,which amounts to what type of reporting is paying the bills,not which is most accurate. It seems as though the MSM here has been caught with their pants down in the past posting utter non-sense,so why would they change their tactics? They were at war with the President the last time I checked,so maybe that would bias their reporting.
My point is,exactly how will this effect your way of life knowing that there were poorly reported estimates on a crowd size?

Yes, the exact number may not be known, but the photographs do not lie.

It doesn't affect my way of life, however that does not stop it from angering me. Also the title of this thread specifically states "pathetic" things that get us raging...so yeah, I fully realise it isn't something that should bother me.

Which set of facts are correct tho....I catch the media printing lies, propaganda, selling news stories...all the time.
They are barely more honest than the Old Soviet Union now?

American news is barely worth reading now days!o_O

They sell stories $ and generate wanted $ Propaganda!
Ask your self who the news story benefits and you find who owns the story.:rolleyes:

America is a kleptocracy propped up by the best news bribes can buy....that is a fact!

Welcome to the real world without rose tinted glasses..Mael

Last edited:
Yes, the exact number may not be known, but the photographs do not lie.

It doesn't affect my way of life, however that does not stop it from angering me. Also the title of this thread specifically states "pathetic" things that get us raging...so yeah, I fully realise it isn't something that should bother me.
They were caught with their pants down again. This is the gigapixel image of the inauguration the CNN posted.Correct,photographs don't lie,take a look at the real pix. CNN has a reputation of posting bogus news towards Trump... Gigapixel: The inauguration of Donald Trump

So once again,you have been duped by biased media reporting falsehoods ;)

They were caught with their pants down again. This is the gigapixel image of the inauguration the CNN posted.Correct,photographs don't lie,take a look at the real pix. CNN has a reputation of posting bogus news towards Trump... Gigapixel: The inauguration of Donald Trump

So once again,you have been duped by biased media reporting falsehoods ;)

Interesting photos, but as you know, that's not the angle from which the photos I'm talking about were taken from. Either way, I feel that we will never agree so I'm going to leave this alone now so that it doesn't descend into an argument.

The thing that actually annoyed me seems to have been lost in the debate here. It was the use of the term "alternative facts".

I guess where you are missing my point was the part about getting jumped up ugly angry over some nonsense you saw posted by someone who sided with the media.
The media blasting cabinet members over a non-issue solves nothing and should serve to show how foolish they are which is directly reflected in their followers.

That doesn't make me angry though,it fact it actually humors me ;)

I guess where you are missing my point was the part about getting jumped up ugly angry over some nonsense you saw posted by someone who sided with the media.
The media blasting cabinet members over a non-issue solves nothing and should serve to show how foolish they are which is directly reflected in their followers.

That doesn't make me angry though,it fact it actually humors me ;)

The story I posted was just to show exactly what she said when she used the term. It was one of a few that I had seen shared on facebook and just the one I picked.

Like I said, the thing that actually angered me was the phrase she used, because to my mind at least, it makes no sense.

Facebook...yeah,right,I forgot about that bastion of intelligence.

I will make sure I have a professional proof read all of my postings in the future,so I don't get called out by the media over it or publicly humiliated on Fazecrook :D

Good call,but the pix posted about the crowd reflect what the media portrayed...if you actually chose to pay attention to them,you would have seen the flaw in the timestamp. The Gigapixel photo doesn't reflect the vast bare areas of ground that the AP photos do from a much earlier timeframe. The Gigapixel pic was posted by CNN,who were also involved in the fray to an extent,so they shot themselves in the foot by posting it. As you stated,photographs don't lie,but as I stated,the media does when it misrepresents what they are reporting ;)

Keep in mind,I'm an autie who is a stickler for details :cool:

Facebook...yeah,right,I forgot about that bastion of intelligence.

I will make sure I have a professional proof read all of my postings in the future,so I don't get called out by the media over it or publicly humiliated on Fazecrook

That was unnecessary really. I stated that that's where I saw the stories shared, sorry if I happen to sometimes get my links to news stories from a social network.

That was unnecessary really. I stated that that's where I saw the stories shared, sorry if I happen to sometimes get my links to news stories from a social network.
We will just have to agree to disagree then.

We just found out that my kleptomaniac cousin stole $300 worth of farming equipment when he was at our house last. We told my aunt and uncle but they refuse to admit it and told us that they would sue us for false accusations. They wouldn't, but my parents are refusing to keep arguing with them because they're family, so we have to be accommodating to them. That is just plain stupid, he still stole over $300 worth of stuff from us. Worst part is that we know that they threw the stuff away because they didn't want to be caught, because one our other family members saw the stuff in their shed. I'm considering beating him up next time he comes here, the only reason why I wouldn't is because my uncle used to be in the military and he is literally psychopathic and I wouldn't put it past him killing me.

Why do you say that?? Most of the atheists I know are very moral people, and don't have the pretensions of the religous.

To be fair, I did actually apologise. I could have deleted this but chose not to and so, instead said I was sorry for assuming.

We just found out that my kleptomaniac cousin stole $300 worth of farming equipment when he was at our house last. We told my aunt and uncle but they refuse to admit it and told us that they would sue us for false accusations. They wouldn't, but my parents are refusing to keep arguing with them because they're family, so we have to be accommodating to them. That is just plain stupid, he still stole over $300 worth of stuff from us. Worst part is that we know that they threw the stuff away because they didn't want to be caught, because one our other family members saw the stuff in their shed. I'm considering beating him up next time he comes here, the only reason why I wouldn't is because my uncle used to be in the military and he is literally psychopathic and I wouldn't put it past him killing me.

Wow, now that would get fire coming out of my ears and nose! Are they NT's?

Wow, now that would get fire coming out of my ears and nose! Are they NT's?
Yeah, but they all have some serious issues. I used to get along with them really well, but as I've gotten older I've realised that they are really bratty. Still, I kind of feel sorry for them now. My aunt and uncles whole marriage is a sham and both have had numerous affairs over the past 15 years. All of my cousins in that family have no desire to work and have no skills at all. My female cousins just live at their boyfriends houses and borrow money of them. My male cousin (who stole the equipment) lives at my aunt and uncles house, and plays video games all day in his underwear. Not to mention their whole family is over $750,000 in debt, mostly due to them constantly borrowing money to upgrade their house. So in the end, I really feel sorry for them, though I still want absolutely nothing to do with them.

New Threads

Top Bottom