• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What pathetic things get you raging with anger?

Fair enough! I was just going by the majority who really do not care about injustice, so my apologies for that.

However, since this time of year is based on a christian activity, why do you celebrate and what causes you to be an atheist?

If I am wrong even about that ie that you celebrate then again, my apologies :)

I don't think your religion, or lack thereof has any bearing on whether you care about injustices or not. I have known people who were deeply religious, but cared for nobody but themselves and even committed crimes against others.

I celebrate Christmas, and actually I would disagree with your point about it being based on a Christian activity. While Christmas may be intrinsically linked to Christianity for most people in this day and age, it's origins can be traced back to Paganism. I enjoy the giving (and receiving) of gifts and (to a lesser degree, as I'm not that social) seeing family, and I don't believe you need to have any religious leanings to enjoy these things.

It is very unusal for an atheist to care so much about injustice. Why are you an atheist?

I'm an atheist because I believe that there is no God. I believe in the theory of evolution and if I'm being completely honest (and I mean this with no malice towards you, or anyone else who is religious) I cannot begin to get my head around how anyone would believe that there is a being out there somewhere who just created everything. I don't understand how, in the face of all the science, people can say that evolution is false. I also don't understand how, if there were a God, he would allow all of the terrible things that happen in the world to happen.

Fair enough! I was just going by the majority who really do not care about injustice, so my apologies for that.

However, since this time of year is based on a christian activity, why do you celebrate and what causes you to be an atheist?

If I am wrong even about that ie that you celebrate then again, my apologies :)

This time of year and the accompanying traditions within it (think gifts, lights, trees, decorations, wine, food) are actually Pagan traditions, coming from the Roman winter solstice celebration of Saturnalia, not Christianity.

But, in answer to the question, I celebrate because I like to give gifts, eat, drink and be merry, I don't celebrate the birth of Christ (who wasn't born in December anyway)...

... and I like the pretty lights...

:D

I'm an atheist because I believe that there is no God. I believe in the theory of evolution and if I'm being completely honest (and I mean this with no malice towards you, or anyone else who is religious) I cannot begin to get my head around how anyone would believe that there is a being out there somewhere who just created everything. I don't understand how, in the face of all the science, people can say that evolution is false. I also don't understand how, if there were a God, he would allow all of the terrible things that happen in the world to happen.

^^^ this is the reason I am an atheist Suzanne.

Patterns in negative behaviour.
People disreguarding my oppinions and ferlings because im "disabled".
People not giving me personal space.

Any social situation that cant be logically explaing but keeps being forced upon me.

And expectation on looks, personality and decisions, the people that judge me constantly do the same thing wrong over and over again, nts cause pain whoever they talk to whether it be us or one of them, you can always expect a problem eventually when speaking to an nt. So why do i get judged for leaving people alone and letting them live their lives, why do i get judged if i dont want a haircut, why do i get judged if i dont want to share something that i can barely afford and if it breaks or runs out i dont have it anymore.

Basically neurotypicals are my problem. Though without them i wouldnt be able to succeed in this world. Then again, without them the world might be different and i might thrive

It is very unusal for an atheist to care so much about injustice. Why are you an atheist?

I was really thrown by your statement: all the atheists I hang out with came to that state because they thought deeply about morals and ethics, and care very much about social justice and the like.

Maybe you need better atheists in your life? :D

As an Taoist, I am free to believe whatever makes sense to me. And I care deeply about social justice.

We only have so many brain chemicals at a time. And frustration seems to burn them up like flash paper.

One of the things that constantly has fueled my anger is my spiritual life. I often feel like a failure in the eyes of God, wanting so desperately to trust Him but not knowing how. I know He is real, and I do believe that Jesus has saved me...but there's long been a huge gap between my mind and heart in this regard. I want to know Him as the Savior He really is, not just some carpenter's son from a book.
To be a failure in your god is to be a failure to yourself.

I dont believe in a god but i do know that any god would want their subjects to be happy, make mistakes and learn from them, then move on and find a way to better yourself. You can only please god by pleasing yourself and being mindful of others

When my care company takes all week to respond to emails and more often than not they don't respond at all.

I wouldn't mind but I brought this up as an issue with the social worker at the last review and they said they'd try and improve on the issue, they clearly just said that to shut me and the socials up.

I can't name the company for legal reasons.

i get really p****d off at people who walk into me, causing me to jolt my back which in turn sends severe nerve pain shooting down my back and leg,it is bloody obvious im physically disabled im either using a walking stick or a rollator!

i get fed up everytime a staff called james is supporting me as he talks to hear his own voice if you know what i mean,he constantly talks and im not exagerating.
i go to bed just to get away from it and recover from information overload.
he also tells strangers things that i never wanted to tell them such as abuse i had suffered in care,and he is really narcissistic,he uses very complex language around me that i dont understand and ive asked his manager to talk to me with easy/regular language but he does it to make me feel inferior as he ignores the managers request-he regulary tells me he has a high IQ and was the most gifted child at his school plus he tells me he is a pyschologist purely because he has done a pysch degree [nope,you have to get a job and have experience in it to be a pyschologist] yet...he has no life experience and cant look after himself,he is really annoying and makes me really peed off when i hear he is on shift with me.
so yes i guess you can tell from my huge paragraph that he annoys me very muchly.

I get ridiculously angry and frustrated at things that I perceive as wrong or unjust. I know I can't change them but it really riles me. It can be something big, like say, a company exploiting rules to not pay tax or singing small like someone jumping a queue. My husband doesn't understand why I react this way, and will say something like "that's just how it is" and I'm like but it shouldn't be. I always thought it was just me.

My husband and I were discussing this and I thought of a really good example of a "big" thing like this that makes my blood boil. If I were to lie in court say, I would be done for perjury and potentially end up in prison. However, Donald Trump and the Leave campaign can tell complete lies, and that's cool. Why hasn't anything actually been done about this? Why aren't more people enraged? Even at the time of such lies being put about, it seemed like nobody was really that bothered and it's the same now. My husband said "well it's because they're powerful people", which yes I obviously understand, but it's not right and that makes me so damn angry.

I can "run circles around them" half the time (embarrassing them; publicly if possible), but my brain kind of slows down when I'm in a depressed mood and it's hard for me to defend myself.

I feel the same way. I'm struggling with depression right now and find it extremely difficult to defend myself. I've always been better at expressing myself in writing than in speaking off the cuff. If someone confronts me, I tend to clam up and/or have a meltdown, either in front of the person or later on. Of course, when that happens, I feel more depressed than ever.

Pathetic things that make me angry:
Changes in plans
Sudden noises
Losing/misplacing things
Forgetting things

I'm sure there's more, but those are at the top of my mind right now.

I feel the same way. I'm struggling with depression right now and find it extremely difficult to defend myself. I've always been better at expressing myself in writing than in speaking off the cuff. If someone confronts me, I tend to clam up and/or have a meltdown, either in front of the person or later on. Of course, when that happens, I feel more depressed than ever.
Yeah, when I'm depressed (started happening at age 14) I can't think as quickly on my feet. It's not that I have stopped thinking but depression seems like it dampens my thought process. It can get very low, but at moderate low levels it feels like I am "walking through water". Like something is impeding my movement.

People being in my room while I'm on the computer.
Insults towards Batman & Robin
The TVTropes page for Bat Boy: The Musical
Lots of things

I thought I would say it here, rather than create a new post.

Just want to sincerely apologise to all atheists on here, for saying that you cannot be insensed by injustice. In truth, I have no idea why I said it, other than the fact, you see, I do believe in my Creator and do love Him and so, get very angry with how He is meligned and so, unfortunately reacted.

What I actually believe is that many turn to atheism because they find what is taught by religions about God, is so illogical and cruel, that they turn away and if I had not found the truth about our Creator, I would be an atheist too, so really, I am SO SORRY for saying you are all cold.

I thought I would say it here, rather than create a new post.

Just want to sincerely apologise to all atheists on here, for saying that you cannot be insensed by injustice. In truth, I have no idea why I said it, other than the fact, you see, I do believe in my Creator and do love Him and so, get very angry with how He is meligned and so, unfortunately reacted.

What I actually believe is that many turn to atheism because they find what is taught by religions about God, is so illogical and cruel, that they turn away and if I had not found the truth about our Creator, I would be an atheist too, so really, I am SO SORRY for saying you are all cold.

Maybe you need to apologize to your creator as well for making such generalized statements about others your creator placed in the world. Unless your creator doesn't think all he made are equal ;)

I'm an atheist, I don't follow the religious aspect of Christmas, apart from listening to traditional carol services in the local area.

I do tend to get annoyed about injustice though, without wishing to go on a Political rant as I am aware the Mods don't like Political stuff, IMO the recent "Brexit" vote was all about race issues, the people who voted "leave" all take issue with immigration levels in Europe, particularly the UK IMO.

For the record I voted remain.

Yeah, when I'm depressed (started happening at age 14) I can't think as quickly on my feet. It's not that I have stopped thinking but depression seems like it dampens my thought process. It can get very low, but at moderate low levels it feels like I am "walking through water". Like something is impeding my movement.

I was 14 too, when I started getting depressed. That "walking through water" feeling says it all.

The thought of calling a customer service number makes me want to SCREAM. It takes forever, it is set up stupidly, it wastes every minute I am on there, and they have generally don't even fix the thing I'm calling about.

New Threads

Top Bottom