• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What operating system are you using?

superboyian

Former Co-Owner
V.I.P Member
I'm currently using ubuntu at the moment on the second partition on my laptop and I use Windows Vista mostly because I feel more comfortable and I'm more familiar with the system itself, also for instant messaging and gaming.

I use ubuntu occasionally when I don't really have the patience to wait to boot up the computer since ubuntu has a really fast boot up time, plus I'm also using the 64bit version which is really mega fast and also doesn't seem to have major problems and I would highly recommend it, best of all, you can download it for free and burn it to a CD or actually download the actual installer itself.

So yea, I created a poll and also, what operating system you use?

- superboyian. =]

Ubuntu netbook remix on my netbook. Arch Linux on my main workstation. Windows 7 enterprise on my gaming computer. I was previously a big fan of slackware linux, but moved to Arch for the pacman package manager.

Windows 7 because I can play all of my games on it and it has my favourite apps.

I have windows XP Home edition on my home desktop (need new fans, shuts off for overheat protection), had Vista Home 64bit on my HP laptop (experiencing unmountable boot error), and on my Dell XPS (which crashed 4 times in the first 2 months, highly unstable) I'm using Vista Ultimate 32bit.

Seriously considering getting a full version of Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit, mainly in hopes of saving some of my data (some unbacked-up iTunes) by upgrading on top of Vista...anyone know if this might correct a boot error?

Might just have to suck it up and re-install or do a fresh Windows 7 install...or get a new computer (always looking for an excuse...he, he.) but really can't afford a new PC...and yes I know...I am considering a Mac too.

:unsure:

Currently I use:

- Windows 7 (Laptop)
- Ubuntu Linux 10.04 x86_64 (Servers)
- FreeBSD (Servers)
- OpenSolaris (Servers)
- Arch Linux (Workstation)

I still use XP SP3. Mostly because I don't see any particular upsides into upgrading. I've heard nothing but complaints about people with Vista or 7 actually. XP is still running smooth here, and I prefer a smooth system when I'm working with music apps. Also, I have some audio hardware which doesn't have the most stable Vista or 7 drivers but has stable XP drivers.

XP SP3. Don't particularly like it; don't particularly dislike it.

If I had a newer computer I'd be using Windows 7. Windows 7 runs like **** on here.

Last edited:
Back to W7, since I got that sorted out (as the main hard-drive had to be replaced!). Mostly, that runs better than Vista (although that maybe because I got it on a then new laptop, in boxing day sale, as a combined Xmas/birthday present, plus trading in the old one). For instance, in Vista, the laptop didn't want to run with the Aero effects, so I had it on the XP-like style, without the gadgets (whilst I kind of like some of them, it just wasn't worth it & it still isn't). Then, when Vista started 'not responding', it usually wouldn't sort itself out in a few seconds and I either couldn't open task manager at all or that'd also be 'not responding', so I often had to pull the plug. W7 generally does sort itself out for that or task manager does open & let me end the task/process, etc.

Windows 7 64-bit on my tower, Linux Mint 11 32-bit on my laptop, XP SP2 32-bit on a cheap desktop I bought from a garage sale for $10 (and it works! just needs more RAM), Vista 64-bit on the living room computer.

New Threads

Top Bottom