• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What operating system are you using?

Windows 7 for general computing, school work, video games, etc. Ubuntu for playing with Android.

iOS 6.1.3. My iPad is my main computing device. I haven't used my family's laptop at all in the four months since it arrived. :D

On my physical machine I use Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit. On my virtual machines I use Kali Linux, TAILS, kodibuntu, cent OS and mint

Chrome OS.

It works, and I can use the Internet on it fine, but I want Windows 10 for Unity and streaming Xbox One games.

On my physical machine I use Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit. On my virtual machines I use Kali Linux, TAILS, kodibuntu, cent OS and mint
Having studied cloud computing...IMO, using TAILS in anything other than a live environment is somewhat risky, as you never know what behavior the host machine might be imposing on it...assuming you want to use it in the way that it's intended, which is to leave no trace. I quite like the idea myself, though I've yet to find a practical reason to use it. Also, I'm also running Kali Linux in VirtualBox...if nothing else, it's a lot of fun to play around with :p Just out of curiosity, what hypervisor OS are you using?

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit.
I switched to the Professional versions of Windows a number of months ago, and I am never going back. So much more customizable and DEFINITELY more secure if you know what settings to tweak.

Myself, I'm still running Mac OS, and have Windows 10 Pro running in Boot Camp. Boot Camp isn't ideal, but I use Windows Pro in a lot of my studies, and it's more economical than purchasing a separate computer, haha.

Yikes! My mid-2012 13" went for $1500...and that was a souped-up version! Stupid world economy...
That more has to do with Brazil and their horrible tax structure especially on products made outside of Brazil.
Brazil levies a huge tax on product made outside of Brazil that are sold in Brazil.

Brazil is also in a deep recession, which has weakened their currency.

PS4 costs ~$1,800 at the exchange rate due to Brazilian taxes and restrictions
Xbox One costs ~$900 at the exchange rate for the same reason.
Nintendo pulled out of Brazil entirely because of it.
Samsung as the flagship Android phone makers phones cost over $1,500 at the exchange rate in Brazil.

Anyways I updated my Windows 10 to Windows 10 Pro with the anniversary update.

Having studied cloud computing...IMO, using TAILS in anything other than a live environment is somewhat risky, as you never know what behavior the host machine might be imposing on it...assuming you want to use it in the way that it's intended, which is to leave no trace. I quite like the idea myself, though I've yet to find a practical reason to use it. Also, I'm also running Kali Linux in VirtualBox...if nothing else, it's a lot of fun to play around with :p Just out of curiosity, what hypervisor OS are you using?

I switched to the Professional versions of Windows a number of months ago, and I am never going back. So much more customizable and DEFINITELY more secure if you know what settings to tweak.

Myself, I'm still running Mac OS, and have Windows 10 Pro running in Boot Camp. Boot Camp isn't ideal, but I use Windows Pro in a lot of my studies, and it's more economical than purchasing a separate computer, haha.
I run all OS's in live form in Virtualbox(although I'm going to set Kali up as my main OS on my laptop) and I use a hosted hypervisor

I run all OS's in live form in Virtualbox(although I'm going to set Kali up as my main OS on my laptop) and I use a hosted hypervisor
Cool. My dream is to, sometime in the next few months, build my own server and load Windows Server Hyper-V onto it. At the moment it seems like a daunting project but it's something I've wanted to do for a while. I'd like more experience with a bare-metal hypervisor.

Cool. My dream is to, sometime in the next few months, build my own server and load Windows Server Hyper-V onto it. At the moment it seems like a daunting project but it's something I've wanted to do for a while. I'd like more experience with a bare-metal hypervisor.
Oh the bare metal sever is good and go for it. It would also be cool to have a server but their a lot of money.

My main system uses Debian GNU/Linux on the testing distribution with XFCE 4.12 as desktop environment.
And the game and special software computer i took advantage of the free windows 10 upgrade.
(non genuine Windows 7 == genuine Windows 10)

My main system uses Debian GNU/Linux on the testing distribution with XFCE 4.12 as desktop environment.
And the game and special software computer i took advantage of the free windows 10 upgrade.
Yeah for Linux but For me Windows 10 is meh (cortina) I prefer Windows 7

Yeah for Linux but For me Windows 10 is meh (cortina) I prefer Windows 7
It was the only way i could get a legal version of Windows without giving Microsoft money.
I will eventually setup a external firewall on the machine to whitelist websites i trust.

It was the only way i could get a legal version of Windows without giving Microsoft money.
I will eventually setup a external firewall on the machine to whitelist websites i trust.
Oh yeah I guess and yeah I suggest running a good firewall and a VPN like ipvanish

Please do not use Pirated software, it makes guys like me who buy stuff LEGALLY end up having to pay more due to the money MS loses from Piracy.

Windows 10, Raspbian, and lubuntu.

Also got a old desktop running windows xp. Never use it though. Might put a different OS on it in the future.

New Threads

Top Bottom