• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What made you happy today?

OldEngine1.jpg
My new summer car, old engine with blown head. Crud and sludge everywhere.

EngineAlmostDone.jpg
Slightly bigger used engine which I swapped in over the last couple weeks. Almost done and the progress is making me happy. I've been cleaning up and/or painting all the parts as I go, so it's taking me a long time. When the snow is gone and it gets warm enough to use the garden hose, I'll do a good cleaning of the remaining underhood surfaces with engine cleaner.

The foster kittens seemed to enjoy me singing along to Might As Well Face It You’re Addicted To Love by Robert Palmer. They both meowed at me. Or maybe they were telling me to shut up?

Spending a couple of hours in the company of my nephew and brother.

Brother building fence for elderly parents,
I got to interact with an awesome nephew and keep him occupied.

He’s “one block” (square) or,
“Two squared” or,
“Four times one”
(Four years old)

My age was “greater than” his age.
His grandad’s age is “greater than” my age.

His nan asked, ‘what happens when you put your age with grandad’s age?’
(Took this literally) he answered,

“Seven hundred and forty four”

(He wasn’t asked to add the ages together,
just asked to “put” the ages together - without having to remind him of the numbers)

He had to tell me all about the Flying Scotsman, describe nan and grandad’s pets in great detail to me - colours, amounts of ... limbs, eyes, ears and so on. Then in total.

We established that nana’s cat was hid behind a fence panel because fences don’t have stripey-wavey tails.

He thought fences having a stripey-wavey tail was hilarious. :)

It was a delight to spend time in his company :)

Last edited:
Made a phone call. Took care of overdue business. Being organized.

My mood seems to have taken a turn for the better today.
Which makes it easier for me to do and learn stuff.

WashedDriverSide.jpg
My new summer car. Engine is finished and I refurbished some wheels of the same vintage and put them on. It warmed up enough today to run my hose so I washed it. Excellent shape for a 30 year old Michigan car. No rust underneath either.

WAGON3.JPG
Almost like having my first car again, which I bought in 1996. It rotted out completely in 9 years. Unlike that one, I won't let my new one be driven in snow.

Got the power strips mounted to the wall. :D That seems silly, but I CHECKED SOMETHING OFF THE TO-DO LIST. Those are always awesome.

Collaborated with mother to arrange vet appointment for cat.

Today in my Tomadachi Life game I finally gave one of my Miis enough money to take a trip into outer space. I got some nice photos of the Mii with her love interest on different planets, unlocked the astronaut suit and got a piece of Martian rock to add to my in-game collection.

Watched my grandson make a friend with the greatest of ease at a popular public park today...

and thought well, thank goodness for that,
and I could probably pick up a few tips from him.
(Although I’m not sure how many 50 year old women would want to climb a tree with me, then run like the wind playing tag - if I was to follow his lead :) )

It would take me 3 days to climb the tree !

New Threads

Top Bottom