• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What food crimes have you witnessed/commited?

The worst food crime I can think of is drinking wine with coca cola. No, just no.
Also, Mars bars fried in batter.

Sometimes when I can't figure out what to eat, and there's not much to pick from, I'll just throw random things together.

The other week I threw a potato I microwaved, onions, canned ham, and ketchup together in a bowl, which my friend freaked out about. I've done worse, but their response leads me to believe some people would consider that a "food crime".

IK this is common, but I like pineapple on pizza.

This is a bit less common, but I like eating liver. Specifically fried chicken livers from Cracker Barrel.

This is a bit less common, but I like eating liver.

I grew up hating liver because my step-mom would cook it by frying it until it was so hard that you could patch a tire with it. It was always hard to chew and so dry that I needed a tall glass of water to get it down. Then one time my dad cooked a fresh deer liver over a campfire and I was surprised at how moist and tender it was. That was my first "it's all about how you prepare it" experience.

I grew up hating liver because my step-mom would cook it by frying it until it was so hard that you could patch a tire with it. It was always hard to chew and so dry that I needed a tall glass of water to get it down. Then one time my dad cooked a fresh deer liver over a campfire and I was surprised at how moist and tender it was. That was my first "it's all about how you prepare it" experience.
Yeah. Well-made liver is actually pretty good. My family doesn't like livers based solely on what a body uses a liver for, though. Which is kinda silly, if you ask me.

In Hawaii, they actually use uncooked ramen for salads. So dressing soaks on ramen and it's crunchy soft. Local grinds (pidgen meaning to eat). So it's a Asian salad. Also Masubi, rice and spam with seaweed wrapper. It was all l could afford for lunch in Hawaii when l first moved there. Poutin - strange dish of french fries, gravy, maybe cheese sauce too in Minnesota, topped with a runny egg. Think it's from Canada. I actually like it on cold snow days. But l am sure it's a food crime, we should be subjected to Martha Stewart show reruns for 7 days straight as penance. A strange little place opened advertising fried oreos in my town. Food crime?

Yes, poutine is Quebecois but widely found in Canada and Canada-like places such as MN*. Gravy type can vary as can toppings but the curds are a must. I like getting poutine now and then.

I haven't had masubi in a while but I do like it when I'm looking for fast food that's not the usual American burger and fries fare.

*For pop culture reference, see How I Met Your Mother S.4 E.11

I keep coming across these heinous food crime pictures on Imgur. I'm not certain if people actually eat them or not. Here's an example:
1021059_100715-ktrk-cotton-candy-hot-dog-img.jpg

I wonder what the green stuff is?

New Threads

Top Bottom