• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What food crimes have you witnessed/commited?

Joshua the Writer

Very Nerdy Guy, Any Pronouns
V.I.P Member
For starters, here is my friend explaining his ramen sandwhich.
Screenshot (24).png

BTW, the way we were both speaking to each other was in good fun (although I was, in fact, genuinely disgusted). I am the least picky eater I know, but that draws the line for me.

Triple Fried Egg Sandwich with Chilli Sauce and Chutney - heard it on Red Dwarf and decided to give it a go because I was bored and just thought "why not?".
Not doing that again - although it was most likely due to the fact I'm not a fan of hot food, so I don't know why I was expecting this to be different when I put chilli sauce in there.

One of my kids gets really upset that I make myself nachos sometimes using 'what I have'. I don't eat meat so mine always have beans but I will use any bean, not necessarily kidney or black beans. Sometimes the beans I use already have veggies cooked in with them. If I don't have the proper cheese I have it with no cheese. etc. I get told it's a crime.

In Hawaii, they actually use uncooked ramen for salads. So dressing soaks on ramen and it's crunchy soft. Local grinds (pidgen meaning to eat). So it's a Asian salad. Also Masubi, rice and spam with seaweed wrapper. It was all l could afford for lunch in Hawaii when l first moved there. Poutin - strange dish of french fries, gravy, maybe cheese sauce too in Minnesota, topped with a runny egg. Think it's from Canada. I actually like it on cold snow days. But l am sure it's a food crime, we should be subjected to Martha Stewart show reruns for 7 days straight as penance. A strange little place opened advertising fried oreos in my town. Food crime?

Last edited:
Peanut butter and pickle sandwich

In school someone mentioned this combo and I thought it was bizarre, but I was also very curious. Since I like all of the components separately, I decided to try it. It was actually pretty good.

Around the house it I can often be heard saying "would it taste weird if [insert crazy food combo]?":smile:

I like fishpaste on custard cream biscuits. Mmmm. Costa do a marmite and cheese hot roll, that's iffy I d say. Not bad though. I like chocolate and salted crisps. That's very yummy.

This happened 15 years ago: I was chatting by MSN with some guy I met on an anime forum, when he asked me "Guess with what I'm eating my spaghetti." I tried to guess naming several sauces, but with no luck — it turned out he was eating spaghetti with chocolate syrup. And he's not the only one, I've seen recipes for this on the internet, this food crime has gone world-wide.

I eat leftovers cold, no reheating. I don't care - the object is to not feel hungry so I can go back to doing what I'm focusing on. I'll reheat it if my wife is watching, because it disgusts her.

I also like fries with mustard. I don't like ketchup.

I have strong opinions against red licorice. I like black licorice, horehound, and sarsaparilla candies. It's great for me because no one else wants to eat those.

This happened 15 years ago: I was chatting by MSN with some guy I met on an anime forum, when he asked me "Guess with what I'm eating my spaghetti." I tried to guess naming several sauces, but with no luck — it turned out he was eating spaghetti with chocolate syrup. And he's not the only one, I've seen recipes for this on the internet, this food crime has gone world-wide.

Reminds me of an episode of The Ricky Gervais Show, with Karl Pilkington reading from his diary about him, Ricky and their friend Stephen Merchant eating out; explaining that Stephen had Spaghetti with little octopuses in it.
Karl then said that he only eats animals that look good when they're alive; reasoning that an octopus is a weird creature when its alive - even worse when it's dead and limp - and in Karl's opinion, it looked like it shouldn't have been in the Spaghetti.
His diary entry got some laughter from Ricky, who proceeded to agree with Karl's judgement.

Back in elementary school, I would take a sip from a mayo packet and chase it down with chocolate milk.

Fortunately, according to the internet (link here) that pizzaghetti slushy isn't real:
Before you say "ooohhh," "gross," or "yum," know that the Pizzaghetti is just a marketing ploy. The slushy doesn't actually taste like pizza or spaghetti. According to the Huffington Post, instead these icy drinks resemble fruit flavors — the spaghetti a dead ringer for kiwi and the pizza beverage tastes just like strawberry.

I put black pepper on french fries, on the very rare occasions I actually do go eat out.

I would not consider that a food crime at all. There was a restaurant up in Leavenworth WA(Can't think of the name off-hand.) that served fries seasoned with freshly ground black pepper. All I can say is that it tasted great and I now do the same thing at home when I make fries. The secret is to use freshly ground pepper. Using pre-grounded doesn't work too well.

If you ask me? I would consider putting pineapple on pizza a more serious crime then putting pepper on fries.

A strange little place opened advertising fried oreos in my town. Food crime?
Yes. That is a food crime.

At my state's fair every year (except for this one, obviously), they sell stuff such as fried oreos, fried strawberries, fried coke (COKE!?), and other horrific fried things that will give you diabetes.

This is why foreign countries think that "American cuisine" is mostly sugar-loaded, high-calorie junk food.

New Threads

Top Bottom