• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What are your thoughts on autistic supremacy

Adam Hakeemi

So I just came a cross a Wikia site of this proposed nation called Aspergia where autistic people (specifically Aspies) are the ruling class. They make all sorts of statements on how they're "superior" to neurotypicals and LFAs and stuff like that (basically white supremacists, but autistic). This has got me thinking, what do you guys think about autistic supremacy. Do you or do you not believe in Aspie superiority? And why do you believe so? Also almost forgot to add, I'm not sure if this Wikia site is a troll or not because the other pages on the site are basically nonsense.

Just like any other group that considers themselves (legitimately or not) to be oppressed, misunderstood, underrated, autistics will overcompensate. The idea of any human group being superior to all others is, of course, ridiculous. But people want to believe in their personal superpowers, their superiority to the Others, etc.

You aren't going to see that happen here.

We have a very strict policy against supremacy of any kind towards any member.

upload_2019-2-16_9-1-33.png

I don’t believe neurodiverse people are superior to neurotypicals. I generally think one group proclaiming supremacy over another group just serves to polarize and estrange. I’m not a fan of it.

The idea of one group of people being superior over another just will not work, because there will be abuses committed by the so called superior group. This is human nature. It does not make any difference if the group is a different race, different sex, different age, different neurology or different whatever. We are all human beings and we are all in this together.

One word: don't. You're playing with fire, and people who have adopted this mindset have been burnt before.

There's plenty of counterarguments that can be made on that subject, but I'm sure the whole debate has been done and said on a distant website far, far away. Thankfully, this website won't be one of them.

Last edited:
One word: don't. You're playing with fire, and people who have adopted this mindset have been burnt before.

There's plenty of counterarguments that can be made on that subject, but I'm sure the whole debate has been done and said on a distant website far, far away. Thankfully, this website won't be one of them.
don't worry, I'm staying far away from the supremacy scene. I just wanted people's opinions on the matter is all.

(Delusions of grandeur spring to mind)

Pride always comes before a fall.

Be mindful of whose toes you tread on today...
They’ll be connected to the ass you have to kiss tomorrow.

Just as we are "different not less", NTs are "different, not less". And this applies to any group of people.

I see such things as largely a form of charade. Those who choose to delude themselves for whatever reasons, claiming a false sense of superiority over others. Sadly ignoring a simple truth that our species is inherently flawed.

Likely to be catastrophic for all concerned when politically organized to implement state policy and subjugate not only their own citizens, but all others as a matter of cause. Where all roads lead to Nuremberg:

I feel the same about autistic supremacy as I do about any other type of supremacy, that it is disgusting and that the people who believe in it are delusional.

I occasionally see hint of that sort of thinking on here, things like suggesting that aspies are the only logical thinkers, or that we are the next stage of evolution (this one is a pet peeve as it is shows a complete lack of understanding of how evolution works), or that we are more intelligent than NTs... it is inevitable based on prejudice, ignorance, or delusions of superiority.

When I first engaged with the online autistic community 20 years ago, there were a lot of supremacists around. A hell of a lot. I think alot of it was because those who were newly diagnosed and just finding out there were others like them out there, were discovering that much of what the doctors had told them about their "disorder" didn't apply to them. They were also realising that many of them had strengths. It went to too many people's heads and they convinced themselves they were the rightful heirs to the Earth.
It made me very uncomfortable which was why I withdrew from the online autism community for many years.
Thankfully most of them grew up and gave up their dumb ideas. A few didn't, and will still try it on if they think they've found someone gullible enough to follow them.
Everyone is born with equal rights to dignity and opportunity. Anyone who seeks to change or control that is to be resisted with every ounce of our strength.

Only supremacy I believe in is the supremacy of nature. Anything else is bogus brainwash.

New Threads

Top Bottom