• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What are your thoughts on autistic supremacy

The way I see it, is we all have the same bodily functions and appendages, meaning all are human first and foremost, and anything after that is bollocks. We are born, we live, we die. Nobody gets to be supreme over that!

I understand the use of the defense mechanism wherein, when faced with isolation, abuse, ridicule, etc, your rationale for said treatment is that it's due to your superiority.

The movement you reference is a pitiful, toxic reaction to the inevitable difficutlties we have in making our way through life. Anyone who embraces this attiitude is sad, deluded and only worsening thier situation and that of all aspies. Also, humans are social creatures and social abilities do more to further success than anything else. In other words, in a conflict, war, comparison or competition, the neurotypicals win. Duh.

I think it's masking a sense of inadequacy and resentment toward those they blame for their own sense of inadequacy. A common fallacy perpetuated by people invested in egomania.
Same could be said for any group who seek to elevate themselves at other's expense, based on fixed attributes, race, sex, political bias, economic status, etc. etc.
The truth of the matter (as I see it) is that people are diverse, no matter what race, class, neuro status, and no group can claim anything based on attibutes shared with other members. Humans should be judged on individual merit, I believe.

Sweeping generalization are almost always WRONG, and are only evidence of cognitive distortions. Life is just more complex than any generalizations can account for. And value is intrinsic, I believe. I wish people could see life and humanity as intrinsically valuable and stop comparing themselves to other's in such pathologically ego-driven manners.
We, (neuro diverse) people, may have overlooked and udervalued strengths, at times, and that may be frustrating and disheartening, but that's no excuse to fall into such a prejudicial and simplistic way of thinking, to try to save face. It does NOT, it will only exacerbate the very alienation that they are trying to emolliate and avoid.

I have found it facinating to read the responses to Adams’ post from my perspective.

I completely agree with the firm statements that devalue the establishment of a wikia site to promote such narrow-mindedness.

I searched the internet and found this site to be a shallow rage against perceived “neurotypical oppression”. We must be firm and resolute to speak freely and resolute toward such shallow thinking.

I would add .... and hear me out here. I believe that when we read such things we are so outraged that we confuse “freedom from speech” with “freedom of speech”.

The creators of Asperiga have a right to establish such a site. They have a right to attempt to share and convince others of their belief. I encourage them to do so. I (we) should not be afraid or concerned when others speak what they believe or say what they think.

We should pocket our rage and resolve to provide clear minded reality-based points regarding why a wiki site based on nuritypical-rage is ill-minded. A good investment of time to be sure.

I believe that comments have done well to speak to the facts pertaining to this subject.

Thank you for your time and I look forward to your continued comments.

The society in which I live is very NT-biased, which annoys me.

However, I wouldn't create one of autistic elitism. I'd rather have a place of equality.

A fight for the throne would create an infinite loop of revenge and resentment.

New Threads

Top Bottom