• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What are your current obsessions?

My Obsession for games is my life long passion, with entrainment and fun being an instantaneous reward before, during and after the game has concluded.

Other Obsessions, include an obsession with plants and robotics.

I've always enjoyed doing the gardening ever since no one in my family ever gave it much thought, so I felt as though I had been chosen to bare the mantle of Gardener.

When I was just a boy my parents bought a (then) cutting edge turn of the century home robotics set-up, which featured a couple of hover bots, the voice recondition remote, lights that turned on when you clapped, and other such gadgetry.

My long time obsession is definitely video games.

I do pick up other obsessions for periods of time, though. Currently I've been doing a ton of research on Betta fish and tropical fish keeping (I have 5 tanks, each with a Betta in them. 2 boys 3 girls.) I have also been doing a ton of research on domestic/pet rabbits and their care and behavior (I have a 10lb New Zealand female who I love to death. She's the perfect pet for me.)

I also tend to learn everything I possibly can about any and all animal species, especially pet type animals since I love keeping pets (I am much more social and comfortable with animals) so I research them to determine which pets are ideal for me and which aren't. I also love to help out friends when they're thinking about getting a pet but don't know much about them. I especially knowa ton about small pocket pets since I've had so many different types over the years. And of course Rabbits and Bettas. I do like cats and dogs, but I prefer prey animals to predators. They're calmer and quieter for the most part (although I am very very nervous with Guinea Pigs since they are so skittish and unpredictable for me and the one I had when I was little bit me so bad once I needed stitches).

Got pretty obsessed with meditation and Youtube spiritual teachers for a while. Thought I was a hermit, or a prophet, until i learned I am just neurologically a-typical and there are a lot of other people like me. In HS and College I was really into bodybuilding. Before that, I was really obsessed with the Pokemon video games. Soon as I got my first one, Gold, I was practically more in that reality than this one! And before THAT I would apparently just sit and draw and even write stories by hand, and watch Beast Wars, but I don't really remember.

Luckily I learned about this condition because I started to get obsessed with very destructive decisions. Thanks :)

Getting 30 minutes of sun on my face 3xs a week during the Summer. Either at lunchtime or mostly after work.

Yes to both questions. This obession started middle of last Summer. I do think about the vitamin d thing but mostly I want a slight tan. Plus it gets me outside, gives me an excuse to visit a park or pond and to walk/exercise.

Does that help with depression? Gives your essential vitamin D?

I know, I know...yes mostly besides my forearms. Last Summer I went to a big park & took off my shirt-there weren't many people in the area.
This Summer I avoided that large park until last week. I was thinking of this last week "why am I only sun tanning my face & forearms?" ;D
If I don't get sun on my face I can get White...ya know, right after work going home to the computer...

Just in the face?

Yes to both questions. This obession started middle of last Summer. I do think about the vitamin d thing but mostly I want a slight tan. Plus it gets me outside, gives me an excuse to visit a park or pond and to walk/exercise.
You only need five minutes for the vitamin D thing. Keep an eye on your skin for signs of cancer. Funnily, one of my current obsessions is avoiding skin cancer. :eek: (From which men are far more likely to die than women) we have a new smiley since the last time i looked. Another angry one.

My current obsession is every single podcast I missed out on for the last few years because my MacBook never had enough storage space on it for all the episodes. SOOOO I am DEFINITELY playing catch up. Listening to Tiesto Club Life as I type this!

I'm also obsessed with drinking water because it's good for you and if you drink a lot of it every day it makes you shed weight. YAY! Can't wait to be in the rest of the pants in my wardrobe! ^__^

My life long obsession is the computer. I have been fascinated by them since my first encounter in 1964. When the PC came along the obsession grew. I pretty much like doing anything that can be done on a computer. More recently, I am obsessed with art and have become a decent painter (the old fashion way - not by computer). Finally, I am into military history and tactics (17th and 18th Centuries through the American Civil War) and Jewish studies.

I am really obsessed with clothes at the moment. Specifically dresses. Specifically floral dresses :giggle2: Working on filling my wardrobe with them. And my bookshelves with more books.

Psychology/anthropology is always an obsession. It's interesting to watch the drama going on with the friendships and relationships in my house-mate's life and make predictions about outcomes and the like. :3

My gaming obsession has dwindled out recently, though I'm sure once things settle down and I have the time it will pick up again.

My current obsession is the vocal harmonies of the Beach Boys, i've been spending a lot of time really listening carefully to the vocal harmonies, trying to work out each line note-for-note, trying to sing them, recording them as i have interpreted them to see how accurate my interpretation of what i'm hearing is etc.

My current obsession is the vocal harmonies of the Beach Boys, i've been spending a lot of time really listening carefully to the vocal harmonies, trying to work out each line note-for-note, trying to sing them, recording them as i have interpreted them to see how accurate my interpretation of what i'm hearing is etc.

I confess, the only album of theirs I own is Pet Sounds. I saw them live last year, though; it was fun times. :cool:

I confess, the only album of theirs I own is Pet Sounds. I saw them live last year, though; it was fun times. :cool:

I don't actually own any of their albums at the moment, but they are all on spotify. I always prefer to have music on vinyl so i'm looking for the old LPs.

It's cool that you got to see them (i presume it was the 50th anniversary reunion?). I'm not sure if they played any shows in the UK, but i didn't really start paying attention to them until i saw one of the 50th anniversary shows in full on TV earlier this year (followed by the knebworth show from 1980), after the tour had finished, so i would've missed it anyway. I'm hoping to see Brian Wilson on his current tour with Jeff Beck though :D

New Threads

Top Bottom