• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What are your current obsessions?

I?m obsessed with my iPod and music. I get extremely annoyed if I can?t listen to it or my ma takes my iPod away for a stupid reason. I'm obsessed with my computer too, psychology, and psychiatry.

I used to be obsessed with Pokemon lol
Used to have a bunch of figures of different kinds of them, the different games, books, used to watch the show like my life would end if I missed it. I used to think I was gonna be a Pokemon master too. (Weird child I was.)

I'm obsessed with gundam evolve. something that got to do with quatrro bajeena, kamille bidan, amuro ray, and evolving into gundam.

grand theft auto, dextromethorphan, ambein, clonazepam, everclear, outer space, Call of Cthulhu, South park, Bleach, Queens Blade, sailor moon, american dad, cleavland show, family guy, the simpsons, futurama, the internet, movies from the 70s-80s, cartoons from the 80s, enthogenic research, death, metapysical stuff, numerology, depersonalization, doing wood work, Jersey Shore, Tim Burton movies, Fairy Tales, fantasy romance stories, forums, and music

Last edited:
kites, for some unknown reason. i built a sopwith camel and flew it in the snow in about 25 mph winds today, it's maiden flight.

a recurring obsession is my inability to come to grips with computers. in past days i was a lab tech/supervisior and developed test procedures....also wrote technical manuals. you would think i would be able to master the simplest programs......but nooooooo.

weird thing, back in prehistoric times when vcr's were the latest technology, i never met one i couldn't program. people i used to know would call me at all times asking if i could help them with programming their vcr's, which i could. just logically follow procedures as shown in manuals and they were set. the same people who could not program vcr's are able to accomplish anything with windows/mac/linux. my simple brain leads me to the only possible conclusion......windows is illogical, therefore i am unable to master the %^#*&@#$%^$! alas, logic is dead.

General ones (my whole life):
1. Metaphysics/Philosophy of Physics
2. Strength training/Nutrition
3. Psychopharmacology/Mental Disorders (Conditions)

Specific (Current) ones:
1. Mind-Body Problem/Consciousness and it's relationsship to some of the problems of unification in physics (quantum gravity).
2. Optimal volume/frequency of strength exercise needed to maximize muscle hypertophy.
3. The intense world theory of autism.

One of my current obsessions is playing strategy games on my iTouch (I might need to get an iPad at some point since because the screen is so small on the iTouch, I often make wrong moves by hitting the screen in the wrong place with my big fat fingers. I ordered a little iTouch stylus that might help me with that). A few of them are paid apps that I bought for 99 cents, but there are lots of good ones that you can get for free. One game I'm currently trying to learn is Go, which is a strategy game played in multiple Asian countries (it tends to be associated with Japan since that was the country that introduced the game to the west). It's kind of a hard game to learn how to play despite looking very simple.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Go_(game)

There's another game called Gomuku which is actually very different and much simpler to learn than Go despite looking very similar. I find it to be a little more my speed. I find playing multiple games of it in a row to be mentally soothing (You probably can't get much more classically Aspergian than that).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gomoku

One fun strategy game you can get for free is this one called Ataxx, which is based on an old arcade game from about 20 years ago (I vaguely remember playing it once, I think it might have been in a mall in San Antonio that had a big video arcade).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ataxx

Last edited:
Last night at my friend's, a simple little drum beat got in my head and so I had to hop into his home studio do some work. Three hours later, only looking away from the screen to set up a different instrument, I ended up with 2:30sec brand new song.

It feels amazing to create something, I might even be obsessed with the feeling of accomplishment.

Well since it is this time of the year I am into Football and that is pretty much all I think about.

Normally I am into:
Yugioh Cards
MMA
Video Games
Classic Rock
Reality TV

My latest obsession is a site called Fanfiction.net (www.fanfiction.net).

It's a site full of fan-written fiction stories (hence the term fanfiction) about every TV series (almost) known to man in the last 30 years. My specific obsession is with the stories relating to the series Airwolf, specifically the characters of Stringfellow Hawke (Jan-Michael Vincent) and Caitlin O'Shannessy (Jean Bruce Scott) -- I always thought that Cait and Hawke belonged together (as more than "just friends")...and there are several stories on this site (including a few of my own) that confirm that I wasn't the only one who thought that way! To view my personal stories, just go to www.fanfiction.net/~robertwnielsen

I absolutely love maps and geography. I can remember as a kid I even drew my own maps of fantasy places that I made up. I used to draw maps of the cities and draw pictures of what the downtown areas looked like, etc. I very frequently will just randomly go on Wikipedia and just type in the names of cities, US states, countries, and other geography related things and just read the articles and look at the pictures, and I get completely sucked in. I also really enjoy messing around on Google Earth too looking at things, I think that program is one of the coolest things ever.

I'm enormously obsessive with Medicine , biology , science, and computers ofcourse, cooking, philosophy, Ethology (study of animal behaviour) Zoology, Botany, Microbiology, Image modification in Photoshop, anthropology and much more!

My major obessions (aside from fanfiction.net) are military aviation, space exploration, football, auto racing (NASCAR and Indy cars), computers, and music.

New Threads

Top Bottom