• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What are your current obsessions?

I have tried to make revision my current obsession. It's a shame it didn't work!

Knowledge, information. When i was young i had eidetic memory, i went to the library (town of 400.000 people so not a small one), took the 4 max allowed books in the morning, returned them read in the afternoon to take another 4 in the evening. After some years i was down to reading detectives because i'd read everything interesting.
Been scrounging internet since the early 90's with Compuserve.
I'm a walking encyclopedia. But my main focus is the brain.
Written about it http://petrossa.wordpress.com/

Interesting to see you have an encyclopedic memory.

HAD. Went away after my puberty thank a deity of your choice. Now i just have an above average memory retention.
Remembering everything is tiresome and often painful.
But short-time things which don't interest me....
Often i go to do something to forget halfway what it was i should be doing. Or it even happens i forget it as soon as i think about it and like someone with Alzheimer repeatedly think i should do.... what was it again?

My current fixation lies within Japanese culture. I recently bought a wall calendar of Japanese woodblock art, and a Japanese lantern to hang in my room. I'd like to decorate my room with more Japanese things. One of my biggest goals in life is to go to Japan.

My current fixation lies within Japanese culture. I recently bought a wall calendar of Japanese woodblock art, and a Japanese lantern to hang in my room. I'd like to decorate my room with more Japanese things. One of my biggest goals in life is to go to Japan.

I know an American who learnt Japanese in college too. He is interested in flags of all the Japanese prefectures, as well as the folk songs and culture of Japan. If there is a chance, I hope you can meet him as he lives in the South :)

I know an American who learnt Japanese in college too. He is interested in flags of all the Japanese prefectures, as well as the folk songs and culture of Japan. If there is a chance, I hope you can meet him as he lives in the South :)

Do you know exactly where in the South he lives?

Photoshop CS5 and the film Fantastic Planet.

I've been spending hours upon hours throughly learning everything there is to know about Photoshop. My Photoshop skills are about 10x better than they were even three weeks ago, yet I've been using Photoshop for about seven years.

Last edited:

Nice. :D I have a modest Anime collection and a shelf full of Manga. Then a plastic bin of Mature manga (a small one :p)

Then I have some other Japanese stuff that are cool. ^_^; I would try Craig's List if you want to buy Anime and Manga stuff.

I'm currently obsessed with the furry fandom , wikipedia will explain basically what it is. PM me to find out more.

Rubber ducks! I love the different colours and patterns they can be and I love collecting them. Shown here is the Brit Bud rubber duck, which I really really want.
brit.jpg

I have quite a number of rubber ducks already, including a set of three Village Drakes, which are duck versions of The Village People. The set contains a sailor, a soldier, and a police duck. I also have nine small ducks that change colour whenever I put them in hot water. I'll post a picture of my collection as soon as I get the chance.

Mammals. This has gone on and off over the years. I recently finished this giant wall-hanging which lists all of the currently extant or recently extinct mammal genera, each categorized in its appropriate order, family, subfamily and tribe. I liked making it except that it hurt because my wrist aches whenever I write something by hand.

I do that too! I don't have it all done though. I tend to get obsessed with one animal for a while and than switch to another when I lose interest. So I chart my animal of the moment and then replace it when another one captures my interest. Can you post pictures please?

Japan.
Vampires.
Japanese.
Decora.
Manga.
WWII.
Vampires.
Rwanda.
Africa in general.
ROLEPLAYING.
Vampires.
Cats.

For a couple of (rather crummy) photos of my "wall of mammals," you can look at my blog post below. The wall is hard to photograph because it is so big and rather bland in color, and I made it worse by resizing the photos I took.

http://firnafth.livejournal.com/129799.html

I'm glad to hear someone else likes taxonomy. Not even my biology peers seem to understand my fascination with it.

Oooh I like how you organized it. I tried to do mine using the tree format which is why I can only do a few species at a time. Maybe I'll try it your way! :)

New Threads

Top Bottom