• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What are you having for dinner tonight?

What's peanuts have to do with arthritis, Judge?

Just another food with purines. Not nearly as high as other snacks like sunflower seeds, but eating enough peanuts over a certain period of time definitely causes arthritis for me in my knee. It's a pattern I've observed now for awhile. Supposedly peanuts are supposed to be "safe" in this regard, but I've come to believe in my own case it's simply not true. But it's still a complex learning food when it comes to what can actually triggger arthritis or gout.

So does red meat, although I don't normally eat much of that beyond maybe a quarter to a half pound a week.

I had a salad with romaine lettuce, and I had roasted brussel sprouts (I love those green veggies), and a small piece of chicken, and a homemade no-sugar-added-ice-cream-chocolate shake.
Ste11aeres how do you roast brussel sprouts - me and the kid love those but I've been steaming them the same way every time.

Last edited:
My father coated them in canola oil and put them in the oven. I don't know what temperature he used. I like to cut them in half and fry them on the stove in canola oil.

Sirloin steak (organic), broccoli and grilled onion lollipops!

Attachments

• 1427594098675.jpg
    1427594098675.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 177
Saturday has become turkey bacon cheeseburger night. Another simple way to control my red meat intake. With a splendid vintage of tap water on the rocks. Living large! :p

image.jpg

Actually, it's for breakfast, lunch AND dinner. :D I'm studying all day for a test. Lots of hot sauce mixed with a lot of refried beans = possible SPONTANEOUS HUMAN COMBUSTION.
Need I say more? :confused:

View attachment 16967

Actually, it's for breakfast, lunch AND dinner. :D I'm studying all day for a test. Lots of hot sauce mixed with a lot of refried beans = possible SPONTANEOUS HUMAN COMBUSTION.
Need I say more? :confused:
That looks really good. I would have to skip the hot sauce, to hard on old bellies. Better keep a bottle of Tums handy.

Tonight I made lasagna in my Ninja 4 in 1. It's a little bit of a strange recipe as you can see it calls for actual spinach leaves. Everything is all low fat including the meat and cheeses (even fat free ricotta cheese!) Here it is...... :)

image.jpg

Today is my wife's birthday, so we are going out to her favorite Chinese restaurant.

Made hamburgers together with a patient at my internship for the entire group, which was certainly interesting cuz he kept complaining about people who want him to do stuff

Told me he couldn't cook because he was autistic so in an annoyed moment I told him I was autistic too and two auties would probably make at least a half decent cook

Nothing got burnt and it tasted pretty good, so two people who suck at cooking can actually make something edible xD

Same as every day, baby plum tomatoes, lettuce dipped in hot sauce followed by 8 bars of Galaxy. I cook 'proper' food for the men though, as proper as it can be for fussy teenagers anyway...

New Threads

Top Bottom