• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What are you having for dinner tonight?

Last night we did veggie soup. Three cans mixed veggies, two cans diced tomatoes, two cups of water, a bouillon cube, salt, and pepper, and a pound of ground beef/chuck fried up with onions to mix in. Cornbread on the side. And a few jalapenos to make it spicy.

Pasta carbonara leftovers for lunch today. Chili or beef tamales for dinner tonight.

Like Indigogrl1979 up there, I get stuck on one thing for months.. at the moment its one meal a day: 3 chicken drumsticks with tobasco sauce and a pepperami.. healthy or what :p

Tonight I made a new recipe! Mexican Lasagna. I can't wait to see what it tastes like - it even has an egg! Can you tell I love green onions? I have some extra too on the side! Yummy! Heartburn city!

View attachment 15268

GC, That looked yummy. Was it good? If yes, maybe post the recipe? Lasagna, YUM! Mexican, YUM! Together, need recipe! :) And is your pan Polish Stoneware, or maybe Temptations stoneware? It's very pretty. (I gave my Mom some Temptations baking dishes years ago. They are really versatile. & pretty.)

GC, That looked yummy. Was it good? If yes, maybe post the recipe? Lasagna, YUM! Mexican, YUM! Together, need recipe! :) And is your pan Polish Stoneware, or maybe Temptations stoneware? It's very pretty. (I gave my Mom some Temptations baking dishes years ago. They are really versatile. & pretty.)

OMG! YOU KNOW TEMPTATIONS!!!!! You must shop QVC! I love Temptations and I have a bunch if it! I about fell over when you recognized it! I know I'm using a lot of exclamation points, but I'm just shocked! :p The recipe I got actually came from the Hyvee grocery store in one of their ads. I think it tastes great now, but it took some getting used to. I told my Aspie friend it tasted "confusing". You thing you're eating lasagna then you taste Mexican. You keep thinking the two should be split because that's what you're accustomed to, but now I really like it. I knew I'd end up loving it because I can never turn down Italian and Mexican. The green onions were extra. And I will put the recipe on here if you would like. I made it as low fat as I could and it tastes really good! Thanks for commenting - especially about the Temptations! :)

OMG! YOU KNOW TEMPTATIONS!!!!! You must shop QVC! I love Temptations and I have a bunch if it! I about fell over when you recognized it! I know I'm using a lot of exclamation points, but I'm just shocked! :p The recipe I got actually came from the Hyvee grocery store in one of their ads. I think it tastes great now, but it took some getting used to. I told my Aspie friend it tasted "confusing". You thing you're eating lasagna then you taste Mexican. You keep thinking the two should be split because that's what you're accustomed to, but now I really like it. I knew I'd end up loving it because I can never turn down Italian and Mexican. The green onions were extra. And I will put the recipe on here if you would like. I made it as low fat as I could and it tastes really good! Thanks for commenting - especially about the Temptations! :)

Haha that is so funny!! I also bought my Mom the GREEN color that you have!!! Just a few pieces of bakeware, & 2 Christmas holiday baking dishes. One of my cousins has another, different, Christmas holiday pattern in a bowl that I love but it must have been a one time pattern!! I don't "shop" QVC per se, but what happens is inevitably when I flip through channels I catch a glimpse of something on that I'm like, "Oh wow, that is nice!" The Temptations being one!! :) You are a lady with my similar tastes!!! LOL :)

Re. mixing the Mexican & Italian flavors; a few weeks ago my husband made some Goya red beans & rice which we love. We always add extra beans & extra diced tomatoes. He inadvertently used a large can of tomatoes WITH basil & garlic, instead of plain tomatoes. I love basil & garlic, but the slight hint of those flavors in with the otherwise Mexican rice & beans gave it just an awful taste that I could not even eat!!! :D But that was an error, not a recommended recipe! LOL!

So I would love to try out your recipe if you can post it!!

Haha that is so funny!! I also bought my Mom the GREEN color that you have!!! Just a few pieces of bakeware, & 2 Christmas holiday baking dishes. One of my cousins has another, different, Christmas holiday pattern in a bowl that I love but it must have been a one time pattern!! I don't "shop" QVC per se, but what happens is inevitably when I flip through channels I catch a glimpse of something on that I'm like, "Oh wow, that is nice!" The Temptations being one!! :) You are a lady with my similar tastes!!! LOL :)

Re. mixing the Mexican & Italian flavors; a few weeks ago my husband made some Goya red beans & rice which we love. We always add extra beans & extra diced tomatoes. He inadvertently used a large can of tomatoes WITH basil & garlic, instead of plain tomatoes. I love basil & garlic, but the slight hint of those flavors in with the otherwise Mexican rice & beans gave it just an awful taste that I could not even eat!!! :D But that was an error, not a recommended recipe! LOL!

So I would love to try out your recipe if you can post it!!

I'll try to remember to post it. I'll make a note to myself. I love QVC.

I'll try to remember to post it. I'll make a note to myself. I love QVC.

Here's the recipe for "Mexican Lasagna". I added green onions and used fat free ricotta cheese, 2% shredded Mexican cheese (the fat free cheese doesn't melt well), Egglands Best eggs and 93/7 ground beef.

Ingredients:
  • 1 pound lean ground beef
  • 1 (1.25 oz) pkg Chi-Chi's taco seasoning mix
  • 1 (26 oz) jar spaghetti sauce
  • 1 (16 oz) jar Chi-Chi's thick & chunky salsa hot
  • 1 box no-boil lasagna noodles
  • 1 (15 oz) pkg ricotta cheese
  • 1 c. refried beans
  • 1 large egg, lightly beaten
  • 3 c. shredded Mexican cheese blend, divided
All you do
  1. Heat oven to 375 degrees.
  2. In skillet, prepare beef with taco seasoning according to package directions.
  3. Meanwhile, in bowl, combine spaghetti sauce and salsa; mix well. In 13-x-9-inch baking dish, spread about 1 cup salsa mixture. Top with layer of lasagna noodles.
  4. In separate bowl, combine ricotta cheese, refried beans and egg; mix well. Spread 1/2 of ricotta mixture over noodles. Top with 1/2 of beef mixture. Sprinkle with 1 cup shredded cheese. Repeat layers, ending with salsa mixture and remaining shredded cheese.
  5. Cover lasagna with aluminum foil. Bake 50 to 60 minutes. Uncover; bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.

I ended up quoting my on quote. Oops! :confused: I posted the recipe, Tia Maria. Hope you try it. :)

I ended up quoting my on quote. Oops! :confused: I posted the recipe, Tia Maria. Hope you try it. :)
THANK YOU so much GC!! I will be trying it & will let you know. Is there a recipe thread? Maybe we should start one. ???

On another discussion post somewhere I found Spiller's "recipe" for homemade toothpaste! I saved that recipe too, just in case!! :D

THANK YOU so much GC!! I will be trying it & will let you know. Is there a recipe thread? Maybe we should start one. ???

On another discussion post somewhere I found Spiller's "recipe" for homemade toothpaste! I saved that recipe too, just in case!! :D

I also copied your recipe Angie, it looks delicious and I'll be trying it, thank you :)
Hey, Tia Maria, did you try the toothpaste? I recently came across the idea of using cocoa powder too, it promotes enamel regrowth apparently.. I substituted it for the bicarb and it tastes nice, but it's a little alarming at first spitting out brown toothpaste :eek:
I like the idea of a recipe thread :D

For the first time in recent history, Grumpy Cat lost a challenge by Happiness. Tia Maria should get a trophy for this.

I also copied your recipe Angie, it looks delicious and I'll be trying it, thank you :)
Hey, Tia Maria, did you try the toothpaste? I recently came across the idea of using cocoa powder too, it promotes enamel regrowth apparently.. I substituted it for the bicarb and it tastes nice, but it's a little alarming at first spitting out brown toothpaste :eek:
I like the idea of a recipe thread :D

Not yet Spiller! :) Good to know about the cocoa powder, but since chocolate is my drug of choice - well, it's delicious to me :p - I might be tempted to eat it versus spit. Depends on how bad it tastes!!! :D (Just kidding. I do have a small amount of discipline! Assuming I'm not over tired! :) )

Have you heard of "pulling" with Coconut oil? I saw that last year on a health show & looking it up online many people swear by it. I bought some & do it now & then. Only now & then because I have not worked it into my schedule, but would like to. Unlike vegetable oils, coconut oil stays solidified so starts out chewy in texture & slowly melts during the "process".

I just copied this from one source:

Try Pulling with Coconut Oil: Put about a tablespoon of oil in your mouth, then swish it around your teeth for 10-20 minutes. The lauric acid in coconut oil is proven to be antimicrobial, which can kill bacteria and help with plaque as well as whiten teeth!

Last edited:
Not yet Spiller! :) Good to know about the cocoa powder, but since chocolate is my drug of choice - well, it's delicious to me :p - I might be tempted to eat it versus spit. Depends on how bad it tastes!!! :D (Just kidding. I do have a small amount of discipline! Assuming I'm not over tired! :) )

Ah, so that's why I seem to be brushing my teeth a lot more lately.. is chocolate breath OK like minty breath is? :D

New Threads

Top Bottom