• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What are you bringing for Thanksgiving 2023 ?

Yeshuasdaughter

You know, that one lady we met that one time.
V.I.P Member
In this thread you can list the foods that you are making and/or bringing to the Thanksgiving feast.

My daughter and I worked together, and this evening we made:

*Devilled Eggs

*Mashed Savory Sweet Potatoes

*Candied Yams

*Peach Pie

We are also bringing those bomb Hawaiian Sweet Rolls that everyone loves

And since it'll be wine-heavy, we're bringing the non-alcoholic drinks: ginger ale and fizzy fancy apple cider

Tomorrow morning I am thinking of making a green salad, and since I have an excess of canned pumpkin, I want to bring some kind of pumpkin bread or pumpkin bars.

I have a ton of potatoes too. Thinking of making a simple potato salad in the morning.

I know that they always say that The Holidays are no time for culinary experimentation. That it's the time for time tested traditional recipes, but I always try something new.

I usually use the pumpkin bread recipe I got from Pilsbury about sixteen years ago. But this one I just found online looks delicious.

One thing though- I never use seed oils like canola or vegetable oil. They give me terrible heartburn. I only use cold pressed oils, real butter, or animal tallow.

So instead of the oil, I'll just do all butter.

Anyway I think I will try this first thing tomorrow

Our children and grandchildren are coming here this afternoon. I'm cooking a nice ham with a brown sugar glaze, decorated with grilled pineapple rings and cherries; a pot of our homegrown crowder peas; a big green chopped salad; a relish platter of various kinds of olives and pickles, and homemade bread. The kids are supposed to bring side dishes like vegetables, potatoes, squash casserole, and desserts. My older daughter is bringing a small turkey and cranberry sauce, too.

There will be lots of leftovers for everyone to take home.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

We are also putting together a platter of crackers, meats, and cheeses.

What would that kind of platter be called? Horderves? Crudites? I don't know French.

Tis the season to cheerfully go broke buying groceries. But it's also the season of miracles, because the leftovers from everybody, once combined, are good for a couple days of dinners, so one doesn't have to go grocery shopping right away.

There are wild turkeys in Florida. Nothing because l am not going anywhere. But l would bring cornbread stuffing. And a fancy cranberries anything. Huge cranberry muffins.

I made a baked mac and cheese with bacon bits dish and I also decorated a pumpkin cake (the cake itself I did not make - I just decorated it with buttercream frosting). I have a get together to attend later in the day with coworkers and friends - hope everyone likes it!

Nothing, we had Thanksgiving in Canada in October and I have no reason to celebrate "Yankee Thankee". Like there's anything to be thankful for anyway when the world is a constant nightmare you can't wake up from. We'll be lucky we survive to Christmas.

Nothing, I'm home alone and we don't do that Thanksgiving meal thing in my family anyway.

Besides, we already did a Thanksgiving dinner at the church last Saturday.

I`m fortunate enough my country does not have this additional holiday where you are forced to spend the day together.
Hope others that do have it in their country do enjoy their time.

We are also putting together a platter of crackers, meats, and cheeses.

What would that kind of platter be called? Horderves? Crudites? I don't know French.

Tis the season to cheerfully go broke buying groceries. But it's also the season of miracles, because the leftovers from everybody, once combined, are good for a couple days of dinners, so one doesn't have to go grocery shopping right away.

That's a charcuterie board!

If anyone does go grocery shopping, check out the post-Thanksgiving sales on turkeys, duck and hams. I always do that and freeze the meat for later. Same thing after Christmas and Easter.

New Threads

Top Bottom