• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What are feminist opionions of male victims of abuse who are suicidal and depressed?

A resource :MaleSurvivor.org it has a discussion forum so you can talk to other survivors I’m not very good at understanding complex English so it wouldn’t be any point in me reading the rest of the page .
Ill have look into that thank you.

Try to be calm when you read suggestions, what people are suggesting is exactly that !what they know.
.Try to listen to the other parts of your body apart from your fear! it’s hard ,it’s a fight every day !but you’ve got to do it ,I’m doing it now !it’s shattering But it doesn’t work just doing exactly what the fear wants .
I have the added hardship that this is caused purely by hormones! so I have absolutely no control over it .
I usually trust my instincts but now they go against me, like when i try to get in a serious relationship and my partner wants me to move in after a few times being intimate my flashbacks kick in and my brain signals danger, excess cortisol, i have anxiety attacks and reject her. Not intentionally breaking her heart but for my own safety and later feel bad more i mess things up. The flash backs are horrible an internal mental battle fighting self hating thoughts and the its your fault and your weak thoughts how do you keep up? I keep fighting and tend to lose getting depressed and a low self esteem.

The time i was abused was over 15 years ago, there were no shelters for men just women and children so had to stay at a friends place at the same time expected to harden up. Frustrated i took things out on feminist thinking they dont care about male victims but today i am reconsidering things. It frustrates me me ex dared me to take her to court for the rape and she laughed knowing i cannot prove it to make her guilty, even if i won and she was locked up for it it would not fix all the mental damage to me, she took away what i can never get back and left with flashbacks for the rest of my gd life. Frustrating thing about rape cases is its hard to prove and it at times requires testimonies from multiple victims to get the verdict guilty so in a good way im seeing how female rape victims feel, at least i think i do.Nobody wins once violated, its like being bulled 50 fold your traumatized with flash backs the rest of your life, at times cannot sleep, get flashbacks in dreams i have had em and still do on occasions and it sucks bad, too afraid to go back to sleep.

Last edited:
I usually trust my instincts but now they go against me, like when i try to get in a serious relationship and my partner wants me to move in after a few times being intimate my flashbacks kick in and my brain signals danger, excess cortisol, i have anxiety attacks and reject her. Not intentionally breaking her heart but for my own safety and later feel bad more i mess things up. The flash backs are horrible an internal mental battle fighting self hating thoughts and the its your fault and your weak thoughts how do you keep up? I keep fighting and tend to lose getting depressed and a low self esteem.
Please know this I know for definite that Christians are supposed to pray for everybody in their area so there will be Christians praying for you they don’t know who you are they just know they have to, there may be people of other faiths doing the same thing .Just as an illustration I’m part of the Facebook group of the person we support has been accused of a crime two weeks ago for some reason I felt a very strong pull to pray for this person and I’m not exactly a very mature spiritual person so I’m not doing very spiritually mature things every minute of the day so I remembered it ,One thing you’ve got to understand about Christianity ,G~d has said we have free will! and he is the upmost gentleman ,so if you don’t want the help he offers ,he won’t force you ,I don’t understand this fully just a tiny bit . if you want to talk to him I’m not saying I’m forcing you to believe in him ,I’m not saying he’s forcing you to believe in him !but he’s there with you, he’s not a human ,so he can be everywhere .

The time i was abused was over 15 years ago, there were no shelters for men just women and children so had to stay at a friends place at the same time expected to harden up. Frustrated i took things out on feminist thinking they dont care about male victims but today i am reconsidering things. It frustrates me me ex dared me to take her to court for the rape and she laughed knowing i cannot prove it to make her guilty, even if i won and she was locked up for it it would not fix all the mental damage to me, she took away what i can never get back and left with flashbacks for the rest of my gd life. Frustrating thing about rape cases is its hard to prove and it at times requires testimonies from multiple victims to get the verdict guilty so in a good way im seeing how female rape victims feel, at least i think i do.Nobody wins once violated, its like being bulled 50 fold your traumatized with flash backs the rest of your life, at times cannot sleep, get flashbacks in dreams i have had em and still do on occasions and it sucks bad, too afraid to go back to sleep.
from what I know women’s shelters will help men who have been sexually abused they’ve probably done it the whole time but nobody knew .

from what I know women’s shelters will help men who have been sexually abused they’ve probably done it the whole time but nobody knew .
I was afraid, never went would fear being turned away and understand seeing a man with female victims was the last thing they wanted to see even though im a victim too and respect their safe place.The title womans shelter translates to me only women welcome not men.

Also seeing a sex therapist, not proud of it but for healing whatever it takes for anxiety and getting confidence back i need to hence the thread in the adult section. She encouraged me to self love more and explore again in a healthy way. My sex therapist is a Lesbian btw.Getting advice as a cis hetero man to explore myself and experiment in a healthy way for my anxiety from a lesbian is ironic but its something.

Last edited:
Please know this I know for definite that Christians are supposed to pray for everybody in their area so there will be Christians praying for you they don’t know who you are they just know they have to, there may be people of other faiths doing the same thing .Just as an illustration I’m part of the Facebook group of the person we support has been accused of a crime two weeks ago for some reason I felt a very strong pull to pray for this person and I’m not exactly a very mature spiritual person so I’m not doing very spiritually mature things every minute of the day so I remembered it ,One thing you’ve got to understand about Christianity ,G~d has said we have free will! and he is the upmost gentleman ,so if you don’t want the help he offers ,he won’t force you ,I don’t understand this fully just a tiny bit . if you want to talk to him I’m not saying I’m forcing you to believe in him ,I’m not saying he’s forcing you to believe in him !but he’s there with you, he’s not a human ,so he can be everywhere .
I may not believe in god but for once greatful for prayer and your hospitality.

I was afraid, never went would fear being turned away and understand seeing a man with female victims was the last thing they wanted to see even though im a victim too and respect their safe place.The title womans shelter translates to me only women welcome not men.
no I was reading on the Internet it was only one column but the man said he had gone to women’s shelter and they had helped him .

Also seeing a sex therapist, not proud of it but for healing whatever it takes for anxiety and getting confidence back i need to hence the thread in the adult section. She encouraged me to self love more and explore again in a healthy way. My sex therapist is a Lesbian btw.Getting advice as a cis hetero man to explore myself and experiment in a healthy way for my anxiety from a lesbian is ironic but its something.
It’s help and everybody needs help , watched a documentary about the men who contracted AIDS in the 1970s ,this survivor said he was ashamed because he was cruel and ungrateful to the lesbian nurses ,who are probably the only people who wanted to help them.

It’s help and everybody needs help , watched a documentary about the men who contracted AIDS in the 1970s ,this survivor said he was ashamed because he was cruel and ungrateful to the lesbian nurses ,who are probably the only people who wanted to help them.
Its not what i expected, i expected a male but my other therapist recommended me to her she specializes in all victims surviving sexual abuse and healing, its just unexpected like having a male gynochologist for a woman but she is certified and seems to know all angles taking her advice on things, my first therapist im working with is getting me not not to be a people pleaser he said, its not uncommon and hes right i put others above me and apologize too much which makes me an easy target for abuse.Hes also trying to help me cope with flash backs so its a start there.Next appointment i forgot to mention i might have inherited my codependancy from my birth mother who abandoned me after divorce and being codependant to my abusive stepfather who raped my sister and she paid for my sisters abortion. My away. My mother gained custody but ignored me and i did what i could to get attention hence later on in relationships needy and clingy but also submissive and being an easy target for controlling manipulative people.My birth mother only used me as child support for money from my father who funded her addiction to being controlled by my stepdad, my stepdad who is just as bad as my ex degraded my mom called her woman and threatened to hit her angered me I stood up trying to stick up for her took the beating in her place and my mom did nothing, my sister came to the rescue at times filling the gap as a mother figure did the raising sheilded me and hit back, she left later and joined the army to rescue me years later and saw the mental toll done to me when she got me out of the house.My stepmother was more of a mother to me, even i was not her own, she loved me and gave attention to me as her son even though not blood related but now shes gone and died from cancer and cried alot, my sister who was also a mother figure in between moved away leaving me alone getting me back in clingy needy mode in relationships, other times in rejection mode.Sorry if its alot to take in, ill have to share with my therapists but i should stop apologizing and being a people pleaser and just say it is what it is.

Last edited:
If hes real i beg him to take my flashbacks away.

My doctors gonna be mad after cutting off my benzodiazepines cold turkey for over a month, my relapses hit hard, i should have reported back and tapered off but too late im alive though.

If hes real i beg him to take my flashbacks away.
he’s helped me, I remember one day I was feeling depressed ,and I don’t have a good memory ,so when I remember something it’s not very often, I just got to the landing on the top of the stairs (and one of the things that happens or happened after what was called the Toronto blessing is people start to manifest -I don’t understand the word manifest so what happened on the stairs was )my head jerked upwards but I had this very good feeling of being calm, not depressed at all ,what people have said to me when they’ve seen me is,God has a very special relationship with me ,I can’t understand that ,because I thought it was the same for everybody , it seems to happen to younger people a lot more ,I always slightly smile when I think of my mother being angry because she never experienced being slain in the spirit what that actually is is ,somebody stands and prayers for you ,sometimes they put their hand on your shoulder or on your head ,and you fall backwards ,somebody usually catches you and lies you down , she got irritated because it happened to me and it didn’t happen to her ,I said I didn’t do it .

My doctors gonna be mad after cutting off my benzodiazepines cold turkey for over a month, my relapses hit hard, i should have reported back and tapered off but too late im alive though.
The problem is it’s dangerous ,the pressure that your brain wasn’t feeling ,because of the sedative you were taking ,will suddenly start to move again and pressure building up in your head that quickly is dangerous .

The problem is it’s dangerous ,the pressure that your brain wasn’t feeling ,because of the sedative you were taking ,will suddenly start to move again and pressure building up in your head that quickly is dangerous .
Im ok now but hes gonna be mad gah i took a risk though and my depression relapses did hit hard and was suicidle again and was even calm about ending my own life point.I think ill avoid my doctor for a while because i dont want to hear the lecturing and ass chewing let alone i went to marijuana after the benzo withdraw. Was prescribed Ativan and Valium, did not like the side effects and went all reble and cold turkey but it was a gamble.

Last edited:
I guess ill see my doctor again, did not realize i was playing russian rulete with my life, did experience depression relapses, insomnia and nausia as well as irritability, ate ginger for my nausia so ill take the lecturing etc i could have died but didnt this time, i do need another check up after all.Luck of the Irish i didnt die i suppose.

Last edited:
I guess ill see my doctor again, did not realize i was playing russian rulete with my life, did experience depression relapses, insomnia and nausia as well as irritability, ate ginger for my nausia so ill take the lecturing etc i could have died but didnt this time, i do need another check up after all.
It’s not that you necessarily die ,it’s that it can damage your brain ,if you stop the medicine like a sedative or an SSRI which is slightly different ,very quickly it can give you dangerous brain damage ,there is something called serotonin syndrome, look that up I don’t think you have serotonin syndrome it’s sounded more serious .

It’s not that you necessarily die ,it’s that it can damage your brain ,if you stop the medicine like a sedative or an SSRI which is slightly different ,very quickly it can give you dangerous brain damage ,there is something called serotonin syndrome, look that up I don’t think you have serotonin syndrome it’s sounded more serious .
Ill look it up, im not having as many issues sleeping off my meds but i did take a huge risk, simply because i did not like the side effects, it messed with my libido and performing in bed, i was stupid but i felt it was part of being a man and gambled with my life cold turkeying it.

New Threads

Top Bottom