• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Welcome To The New AspiesCentral.com - Feedback Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the descending thread format myself, so maybe that could be optional?

The one other thing (and it probably IS the only one other thing) I would like to see is timestamps in the chat room.

I run into occasional issues with hovering over icons, but that could just be that my Internet connection has a HUGE lag time and it happens on other sites as well. Yay satellite!

Very clean transition from what I see. And I've seen some real disasters....sometimes the same forum vendor, just transitioning to a new version rather than an entirely new forum. Great job, Brent.

Good call on the timestamps for the chat room, Wyv. If they are available we should have them.

I'm still running into that login issue. I don't know what that's all about...I haven't blocked third-party cookies and I don't have any ad blocking software installed. Hmm...

Hi Brent,
Could you please explain what the Media section is? Because I don't understand the difference between people posting their photos to a thread under the "Pictures and Photos Vault" section (which I don't get notifications for) and the Media section which I keep getting a red flag telling me to look. If people want to post photos of pinup girls, then if they did that to a thread I could choose not to look at it, but as it is I don't know what I'm going to see when I click on the Media tab!

I have now figured out how to turn off the red flags for the Media section, but I would still like to know the purpose of the Media section please. I thought this was meant to be a site about aspergers and autism.

Question. Sooo why is the swearing censored? It wasn't censored on the old site and to be honest I think we should be able to monitor our own language and sometimes swearing is a good way to convey what you want to say. I understand that we may have a few younger members but from what I have seen these members are in their teens and would be using these words anyway. Sooo I just wanna know if its something that is part of the site or something that was done on purpose.

Hi Brent,
Could you please explain what the Media section is? Because I don't understand the difference between people posting their photos to a thread under the "Pictures and Photos Vault" section (which I don't get notifications for) and the Media section which I keep getting a red flag telling me to look. If people want to post photos of pinup girls, then if they did that to a thread I could choose not to look at it, but as it is I don't know what I'm going to see when I click on the Media tab!

I have now figured out how to turn off the red flags for the Media section, but I would still like to know the purpose of the Media section please. I thought this was meant to be a site about aspergers and autism.
Evidently I have not found how to turnoff the red flags for the Media Section.

The one other thing (and it probably IS the only one other thing) I would like to see is timestamps in the chat room.
I like the decending thread format myself too.

I also think timestamps in the chat would be good, I liked that about the old set up so we could know how long ago someone was on.

Question. Sooo why is the swearing censored? It wasn't censored on the old site and to be honest I think we should be able to monitor our own language and sometimes swearing is a good way to convey what you want to say. I understand that we may have a few younger members but from what I have seen these members are in their teens and would be using these words anyway. Sooo I just wanna know if its something that is part of the site or something that was done on purpose.
I agree, it seems that the majority of people here are adults anyway so why can't we be allowed to swear!

I also think timestamps in the chat would be good, I liked that about the old set up so we could know how long ago someone was on.

That's pretty much what I was thinking last night. Of course, there's an indication how many people are in the chat, but that does not mean they are active... (well, the timestamp doesn't mean that either, but it seems weird to blurt out something as a response when no one is actually active)

I run into occasional issues with hovering over icons, but that could just be that my Internet connection has a HUGE lag time and it happens on other sites as well. Yay satellite!

Currently there is no way to change the order of posts in the thread.

The swear censor is in place due to terms that Google sets for the site. I will look into a way that each member can disable it should they wish to.

Hi Brent,

The Media section is where people can create albums and upload any pictures that they wish to share that are within the sites rules. I will look into ways to offer you the ability to have more choice in what you see.

I've never been on any forum that the mods are really trying to make the site as perfect for everyone as possible.

You guys frigging rule!

We made it :)

We are now on our new software. I want to have this thread open for you to reply to and give your thoughts. Changes can be hard to swallow so if you can, try to take some time to poke around and really give it a good once over before you tell me how horrible I am. :p

I will be creating a tutorial thread soon that will walk you through some of our new features and show you how to do some basic things that are a bit different than what they were before.

Thanks for your patience. Hope you enjoy the new site :)

Thanks Brent - this new look is easy to read and a lot more interesting to look at. More colour and more variety in size and font make this a great new presentation. Nice job!

Rob

I suppose this is where I should have posted comments. Sorry, sometimes it takes me a little while to find my way around

Is there even a remote possibility that it will go back to the way it was? I feel like I left my home & when I returned, someone had done a bad re-decorating job as a practical joke! Everything blends into everything else & I cannot focus properly.

Perhaps Brent can consider globally changing CSS hexadecimal codes for individual threads to further increase the contrast somewhat between text and backgrounds. Example: I definitely can see darkening the text for members' signatures against the existing background.

At the very least, making a bold dark line appear between individual posts would make the site easier to look at overall. Right now, there is no structure & the whole place is a blur of sickly blue/grey tones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Top Bottom