• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Welcome To The New AspiesCentral.com - Feedback Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the very least, making a bold dark line appear between individual posts would make the site easier to look at overall. Right now, there is no structure & the whole place is a blur of sickly blue/grey tones.

Change to the purple theme by clicking "Aspies Default" at the bottom left. It feels more like the old site. :)

At the very least, making a bold dark line appear between individual posts would make the site easier to look at overall. Right now, there is no structure & the whole place is a blur of sickly blue/grey tones.
I agree that the layout could use a little more contrast. It took some getting used to for me.

Soup you can go into your preferences and actually change the site color to purple or Red, or Green if that helps. i switched mine back to purple and it has helped a lot with the contrast. I know i hate the default blue too.

I would like it much better if the gray across the top went all the way down the sides, it would make it easier for me, the Purple one helps some over the blue one but there still isn't enough contrast, I agree with Soup.

I am still experiencing that strange login issue, where it will act like I haven't logged in until I actually pull up a thread.

Thanks for the feedback. The sidebar is moved to the bottom in portrait because it is responsive. If it wasn't it would not have enough width to make view the threads enjoyable. It would squish them up.
The sidebar doesn't appear to be there in threads, only on the homepage.

On this forum, the sidebar stays put in all orientations and it looks good.

No big deal though, just my opinion.

I was think about the web site page and I think the issue may be more to do with the shading over the page, would it be possible to make that option with a shading an on-off option.

I was just fiddling around to see what it would look like with solid colours this what it could come up like

Attachments

• Web site page guide.jpg
    Web site page guide.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 52
One thing I really like about the new forum is that it doesn't have a strict time-out process. I found that extremely annoying on the old site. Where if I took too much time to contemplate how to word a post, it would throw me out and I'd have to log back in.

Would it be possible in the future add a option for visually impaired where the shading is changed to solid colours.

I am still having this login issue: I enter my credentials, and the page just refreshes. It takes me navigating to a couple of areas in the forum for it to be like "Oh hey wyv, didn't see ya there!"

I'm wondering if it's an issue with my ISP; I think I tried it elsewhere, but I can't remember.

I am still having this login issue: I enter my credentials, and the page just refreshes. It takes me navigating to a couple of areas in the forum for it to be like "Oh hey wyv, didn't see ya there!"

I'm wondering if it's an issue with my ISP; I think I tried it elsewhere, but I can't remember.

This happens just in Incognito mode?

This happens just in Incognito mode?
Apparently so. I closed out the Incognito windows and pulled it up in normal mode; it worked. I logged out, went back to AC in Incognito Mode, and it's working now. So at this point I'm guessing it's simply a browser issue.

We now have alternating colors for posts to help you better distinguish between each individual post.

I am sure that will be appeciated Brent. I my self am marginal either way. For me it is easier with glasses, without I was not able to read any of the text.

Did the "recent activity" button disappear to make room for the "Featured threads" button?

Perhaps I have a weird way of browsing the forum, but "recent activity" to me was the easiest way to see what was up without having to visit each and every thread individually. For moderating purposes it would've given me a better glance over short posts as well and only the longer posts and/or attachments would've been required to actually get into.

Who liked which post I could easily do without when it comes to "recent activity" but an overview who posted what in which thread based on what's most recent would've been quite handy.

Did the button/function disappear or did it move elsewhere?

Brent can you reconsider the email notifcation in the future, the way it now it will be seen as spam. May be a single update at a set time for each thread.
For me now it is being seen as spam.

Brent can you reconsider the email notifcation in the future, the way it now it will be seen as spam. May be a single update at a set time for each thread.
For me now it is being seen as spam.

I will look into this though I can't promise when it will roll out if at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Top Bottom