• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

TV Shows you WOULD like to see brought back...

Twanger? Was that the last episode when they found out they got cancelled? Not aired for obvious reasons but on you tube.
St elsewhere, thanks for the spoiler! :p probably would've watched it anyway

I wish that they would bring back the 80's cartoons like Rainbow Brite and Jem and the Holograms back on TV. Celebrity Death Match was funny AF when it was on MTV even with the stop motion it was great.

Greg The Bunny, was shown years ago on MTV, Eugene Levy, Sarah Silverman and Seth Green stared, like the muppet show, but the Muppets play actors on on a childrens tv show, off camera they drink and gamble and general mischief.

Hill Street Blues

Barney Miller - deadpan humour in a police precinct in New York i think, great theme tune too.

Original Danger Mouse, Rainbow

How could I forget "Whose Line is it Anyway"

I wish that they would bring back the 80's cartoons like Rainbow Brite and Jem and the Holograms back on TV. Celebrity Death Match was funny AF when it was on MTV even with the stop motion it was great.

True on the 80's cartoons as many of them would make good/great TV shows and/or movies, and I agree with you - Celebrity Death Match was a funny show.
In regards to Jem and the Holograms, I doubt that would get a remake anytime soon - especially considering the god-awful movie adaption in 2015 that had pretty much nothing to do with the show and delivered the ultimate punch-to-the-gut by offering fans of the original series a chance to be in the movie by sending in a video saying about how much they loved the cartoon - only for the makers to edit the footage so it looks like the fans are praising the hell out of the movie. Just in case you think I'm joking, click on this video and fast forward to 24:44.

Here's one 80's cartoon I think should be brought back either for new shows or movies (I'll add some others later as it's late here):

1. Adventures of the Galaxy Rangers: Think space adventures crossed with a western. The following is from Wikipedia:
"The show is set in the future, some time after the year 2086, when two aliens from the planets Andor and Kirwin travel to Earth to search for allies against the expansionist Crown Empire led by the Queen of the Crown. In return for the help, the two aliens gave mankind construction plans for a hyperdrive device. After this key event in human history, interstellar travel flourished and a huge number of colonies emerged in distant star-systems. Alongside the growth of human activities in space, criminal activities also grew, and the new colonies required defense against various threats, including the Crown Empire. A group known as "BETA" (Bureau for Extra-Terrestrial Affairs) was founded to cope with these tasks, with a "Ranger" division being a part of it.
Most of the colonies portrayed in the show specialized in either agriculture or mining "star stones". Many of the planets on the show have names that evoke ideas of a Western setting, Nebraska, Mesa, Ozark, and Prairie being a few.
BETA is shown to be the major military and exploratory arm of Earth. The organization's headquarters are on Earth. BETA sustains several bases on and around Earth, such as the Longshot Research Facility in the Grand Canyon and the BETA space station in Earth's orbit.
The Series-5 Brain Implant, or S5 is implied to be the closest mankind will ever get to merging with cybernetics. The S5 implant enables a dramatic boost of innate abilities due to its unique conversion of bio-electrical power generated by alpha radiation stored within the badges worn by the Galaxy Rangers.
The Crown Empire, also known as the "Crown," is ruled by the Queen of the Crown, whose intentions and motivations are described as being evil. She controls a large number of planets in a vast section of the galaxy, all of which she rules as a cruel tyrant. The Queen controls her empire using creatures called Slaver Lords with whom she has a psychic link. Slaver Lords derive their power from the psychic energy of other beings. After the Empire encountered humans, the Queen discovered that they were more suitable for energy extraction than any other previously encountered species."

The show also had an awesome theme song - "No Guts, No Glory"

They brought back The Crystal Maze on Channel 4 recently, but it's not as good without that bald bloke who was in the original Rocky Horror Picture Show, yeah the original, not the pants remake from last year.

Also, bring back the Muppet Show! They only did 5 seasons of the original shows, I have the first 3 on DVD.

And finally, bring back some of the classic children's shows on CBBC, such as the Trumptonshire trilogy, and Postman Pat, Pigeon Street and Bertha.

Just realised they can't bring back Trumpton, Brian Cant died last year! And it wouldn't be as good with a new Narrator.

Last edited:
It won't happen, but Reaper. It was like a sillier Supernatural. They pulled the plug so fast it ended on a cliffhanger.

Bring back Terrahawks! And with proper Puppets not that newfangled CGI nonsense, remember that remake of Captain Scarlet from a few years back? It sucked, completely lacked the "charm" of the original IMO.

I enjoyed NBC's "Timeless". Too bad it was cancelled.

But wait. It's coming back. They decided after the fact to bring it back. Probably won't fly for more than another season...but then something similar happened to "Battlestar Gallactica".

Well...they could always bring back "The Time Tunnel". :cool:

I've always been a sucker for anything having to do with time travel. ;)

South park
Alf
Camelot
Falling skies
Drawn together
Round the twist
Star trek
Beavis and Butthead
Invader Zim
Under the Dome
Heroes
IT Crowd
The Mighty Boosh
Merlin
Oz
The White Princess
United States of Tara

Theres alot i wish to see more of lol

South park
Alf
Camelot
Falling skies
Drawn together
Round the twist
Star trek
Beavis and Butthead
Invader Zim
Under the Dome
Heroes
IT Crowd
The Mighty Boosh
Merlin
Oz
The White Princess
United States of Tara

Theres alot i wish to see more of lol

South Park is still on actually, on Comedy Central late at night.

And there was a new Star Trek series started this week on Netflix, although I'm sure it'll be on normal TV at some point if it's successful enough.

South Park is still on actually, on Comedy Central late at night.

And there was a new Star Trek series started this week on Netflix, although I'm sure it'll be on normal TV at some point if it's successful enough.

i meant new seasons as well...my country doesnt have comedy central......and Omg must check out new star trek wheeeee

Last edited:
Two of my favorite more obscure shows, The Zeta Project and Bots Master, ended on cliffhangers. I would love to see both come back and have their plots resolved or be rebooted in a COMPETENT fashion.

New Threads

Top Bottom