• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

TV Shows you WOULD like to see brought back...

Two of my favorite more obscure shows, The Zeta Project and Bots Master, ended on cliffhangers. I would love to see both come back and have their plots resolved or be rebooted in a COMPETENT fashion.

Agreed with you on The Zeta Project: It's a shame that DC fans often don't look very favourably on the series, but I think it was good; it allowed us to explore a 'future/neo' DC universe (Its parent show Batman Beyond only giving us Gotham and a few other locations), showed us what happens for civilians in a world of superheroes and gave us two interesting characters who we could relate to and bond with - with Zeta having all his talents but with an autistic-style personality, while Ro is the tough girl with a harsh past but has the common sense to help Zeta when he needs it.
I especially love the unintentional humour between the pair:

Ro: And I want a lifetime supply of chocolate.
Zeta: You do? Because I can buy-(brings out his cred card)
Ro: Not all at once.

Top of the Pops 2.

With Steve Wright doing the commentary on old British and American Pop acts.

UK and American Gladiators.

I know I'm far too unfit to be a "Contender" on Gladiators myself, but I'd love to go and see it at the Indor Arena in Birmingham, especially if they got Jet and/or Lightning back, oh man I was in love with both of them back in the 80's.

I've come across this 80's show recently and I've got to admit, this pilot episode is definitely winning me over. If it was done right, I think a reboot of this show would be good. :)

They could and should bring Sea Quest DSV back IMO, it was a short lived series back in the mid 90's, kind of Star Trek on a Submarine, they're repeating it on the Horror Channel in the UK at the moment.

Also, some time circa the late 80's, they did 2 series' of a show based on the 1953 War of the Worlds movie, it was a US show which was kind of a sequel to the movie, would be nice if they could bring it back, they did repeat it on the Horror Channel here last year.

Also, some time circa the late 80's, they did 2 series' of a show based on the 1953 War of the Worlds movie, it was a US show which was kind of a sequel to the movie, would be nice if they could bring it back, they did repeat it on the Horror Channel here last year.

I remember hearing about that one; a clever idea that definitely had some creepy moments.

On one of the YouTube channels I like to watch (HeadphonesUK), George Overington - an Autistic man from Brighton - has made his own top 10 list of shows he'd like to see be brought back (with some honourable mentions).
Check out this list and see which ones you agree/disagree with:

Last edited:
Drop the Dead Donkey. It was a satirical comedy set behind the scenes of a TV news channel, which always managed to include references to actual current events in the script. Apparently the scriptwriters took advantage of the computer monitors on set to allow the cast to read off their lines without having to commit them to memory.

Beast Wars: Transformers

For those of you who don't remember this one, this was a 90's spin-off from the original 1980's Transformers cartoon, set 300 years after the Great War between the Autobots and Decepticons - with the Autobots winning the war and gaining complete control of Cybertron.

However, a splinter faction of Decepticon's descendants - the Predacons - want to regain control of Cybertron and steal a Golden Disk (the same one from the Voyager spacecraft) before fleeing in a ship, planning to travel back in time to prehistoric Earth to recover a large Energon stash; of which will allow the Predacons to re-start the Great War.
They are followed by a group of Autobot descendants - the Maximals - and both ships end up crashing on a planet that seems to be Earth but has several differences; these include vast amounts of energon that hasn't formed naturally, floating islands, mysterious structures and a second moon.
On this planet, the two sides take on Beast forms to protect themselves from the energon radiation and begin to battle each other.
As time goes on, however, both sides come in contact with a dangerous alien race, uncover various secrets about the planet they've landed on, and find that the message on the Golden Disk contains more than just the location of Energon stash, but also instructions that could rewrite history as they know it.

In my opinion, it was a great cartoon and I did enjoy watching it. It was funny, it was suspenseful, there was plenty of action to keep me entertained, plenty of nods to the original show, interesting characters who you loved to hate/root for and even some sad scenes (including arguably the saddest death scene since Optimus Prime's death in the original movie).
Aside from that, my reason for having it brought back is because we've seen the original story of 'Autobots vs. Decepticons on Earth and Cybertron' remade and redone so many times with positive/negative results depending on the series, so shouldn't this spinoff get at least one remake itself?

TV animation has improved dramatically since the 90's when this show was made, which would definitely be a bonus if done right, especially considering some of the awkward/hilarious moments where the Emmy-winning animation of the original show would screw up...
Victory_clipping_problems.jpg

...that looks painful...

On top of this, Transfomers - even in the bad adaptations - as a franchise has proven to be creative in many ways, even when they're repeating the same story several times over. A remake of Beast Wars could not only work but arguably be better than the original show if done right. Much like how the Transformers can have different forms depending on the adaptation, it would be interesting to see the Maximals and Predacons having different beast modes from what we originally saw, including having prehistoric animals other than dinosaurs.
I'd love for the Predacon leader (be it Megatron, Magmatron, Cyrotek or someone else) to have a beast mode based on Spinosaurus as I think that would be practical (Spinosaurus been the biggest carnivorous dinosaur on land, been suited to hunt in water and having arms it could actually use unlike T.Rex) and would look pretty intimidating (especially during his appearance in Planet Dinosaur).
Furthermore, the Beast Wars comic book "The Gathering" showed that Grimlock was aboard the Maximal ship when it crash landed, so it would be awesome to see him fighting alongside the Maximals in a T.Rex body.
BWTheGathering4_Grimlock_KingofBeasts.jpg

While I do love the original series, its hard not to point out its flaws; like how come the Maximal and Predacon leaders just happen to be called Optimus and Megatron (granted, Optimus' full name is Optimus Primal and Megatron had a different name and chose to name himself after the famous Decepticon leader, but this is still pushing it).

Here's the original two-part opening to the series.

Sliders. I'm not all that a big a fan of The X-Files if I'm being honest but if a reboot of that series means that Sliders could be brought back, I'd be on board with that.

It ended, sure. But what happened to Rembrandt? Did he survive the trip back to Earth Prime?

And they were really exploring a lot of interesting concepts in the later seasons. Not just ripping off movie plots every week like in seasons two and three.

And with today's sociopolitical climate and the hot button issues ripe with commentary there are so many stories that could be explored with the Sliders concept.

I've signed a petition calling for a second series of The Living and the Dead, even though I was very disappointed with its jump-the-shark ending.

Brookside.

Basically because Hollyoaks is an overrated pile of cack IMO.

Saved by the Bell, starring as many of the original cast as are still around.

Neighbours back on BBC 1 with NO advert breaks (won't happen, but a guy can hope right? :D )

Knightmare, with updated graphics and as many of the original cast as are still around (especially the gorgeous Iona Kennedy aka Sidriss)

Last edited:
ripping yarns in the afternoon , just found out it's on at night time so I'll try to tape it 11 o'clock tonight on yesterday in the UK

"The Time Tunnel". LOL...but it ain't coming back ever. I'l just have to be happy to have the original show's entire season. :)

Then again at least "Timeless" was surprisingly renewed when it was on NBC's chopping block. Not a bad show I'll definitely watch in the near future. :cool:

Though my guess is that if it limps along in ratings, this will be the last season. Just hope they put it in a reasonable time slot. Yeah, right. o_O

Time slots are irrelevant if you have on demand.

Besides, Timeless has a fan base including myself as the greater Southen Vermont area has no found out, thanks to you. ;)

Time slots are irrelevant if you have on demand.

Besides, Timeless has a fan base including myself as the greater Southen Vermont area has no found out, thanks to you. ;)

Yep, Timeless was one I would watch on demand. However unrelated to that show, in the last six months I've encountered as many as five networks all stacking their top shows I liked in the same timeslot. :eek:

Where people like me become exasperated with trying to keep up with so many shows I must watch on VOD, so inevitably I just give up on some of them. Casualties so to speak, as a result of this aggressive network programming. Not to mention that not all shows are immediately available on VOD. Some of them I have to wait several days for before I can watch them. :mad:

Last edited:
He Man and the Masters of the Universe, if they can't do a good remake, I'd settle for repeats of the original series on Boomerang or the Disney Channel or Cartoon Network.

Apparently they're bringing She Ra back on Netflix at some point.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom