• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

TV Shows you WOULD like to see brought back...

AGXStarseed

On some of the threads I've seen in the past, I've seen threads that talk about shows we used to watch in the past as well as talking about movie reboots (both good and bad).
In something of a combination of those kinds of threads, I'm asking what TV shows which aren't on TV anymore which you would like to see be brought back.

An example of a show that I wanted to see return and did was Robot Wars - which came back in 2016 for a new series and for the most part impressed me despite the various changes (although there are a few areas I think could be improved, like having battle music during the fights as that always got me hyped up as a child when watching it).
I've also heard that Mystery Science Theatre 3000 is coming back for a new series, so I'm tempted to watch that and see what they riff on this time.

Here's two shows I'd like/love to see come back;
1. Bullseye - a show referred to by comedian Peter Kay as weird because "It was s*** and it was good". While it would be hard to replace Jim Bowen and I would hate it if they made Bully into a 3d CGI character and/or made him slimmer, etc. I don't think it would be impossible to pull off. Seeing Bullseye on TV again could be a lot of fun and a nice return of an old classic.

2. Big Break - a show I used to watch on the weekends with my Dad that was similar to Bullseye in that it revolved around a sport but this time the sport was Snooker.
The host would definitely have to be different considering Jim Davidson's chequered history while they may also need a different snooker player to replace John Virgo if he refused to come back, but I think it could work.

The Wire. I really, really would love more episodes.
Now is also the time to confess my love for Law & Order (not just the concepts, although that makes sense as well). The original one, that focuses on the trials, or more episodes of the Criminal Intent spin-off because of the weirdness of Vincent d'Onofrio and Jeff Goldblum's characters.

I was never much of a movie or tv guy, but I did like the original MTV... it was kind of fading out as I was growing up but just music videos... nothing more, no "reality" crap that has nothing to do with reality...

Firefly was great! Now we have The Expanse. Give it a look... that seems to be the best sci fi series now, and down the same vein as Firefly.

Tangent:
Sci fi in space as well, but not as good: Dark Matter, Killjoys.
Sci fi on Earth, again not quite as good: Orphan Black (final season), Ascension (terminated after 1 season).

Sci fi on Earth, and just totally wild, gory, and violent: Preacher.

Back to our regular program:
For some reason, I cannot remember any good shows from my childhood. Maybe because it was the '80s? LOL Seriously all I can remember now is Flintstones (a retread from the '60s) and The Famous Five, which was okay but I don't think I want it back because it's for kids.

Edit:
Googled it; the A-Team was great, and Magnum, P.I., and Quantum Leap.

Second Chance - it ended but could have a good story continuation.
Zoo - I thought it was coming back, haven't heard anything about it though.
Dexter - Left off at a place it could be resumed.

Firefly was great! Now we have The Expanse. Give it a look... that seems to be the best sci fi series now, and down the same vein as Firefly.

Tangent:
Sci fi in space as well, but not as good: Dark Matter, Killjoys.

Oh, I never miss an episode of "The Expanse". Or "Dark Matter" or "Killyjoys". :cool:

The Flintstones.

OK most of the original voice cast are dead now, but the recent Flintstones/WWE crossover was great with the new voice cast, and the wives still look HOT! But then as daft as it sounds I always did have a thing for Betty and Wilma!

I definitely agree with as my first thought was also Firefly!

Love Dark Matter too... never seen The Expanse or Killjoys though, I will have to look them up once I finish my current series.

Morcombe and Wise.

Les Dawson and Lilly Savage on Blankety Blank.

It's a knockout - the original - pre health and safety guidelines.

They were so awful they were brilliant :D

Morcombe and Wise.

Les Dawson and Lilly Savage on Blankety Blank.

It's a knockout - the original - pre health and safety guidelines.

They were so awful they were brilliant :D

Les Dawson is dead, and reincarnation is currently illegal.

And Paul O'Grady doesn't do Lilly Savage any more.

And I also think Eric Morcambe died a few years back.

I was never much of a movie or tv guy, but I did like the original MTV... it was kind of fading out as I was growing up but just music videos... nothing more, no "reality" crap that has nothing to do with reality...

Man can't stand too much reality.
Sartre

I would say a new series of Gladiators similar to the old UK show from the 90's; I used to watch it on Yorkshire Television (now ITV) every Saturday at 5:00pm - sitting on the floor and stimming excitedly by twirling my hands as that epic intro music kicked up with the images of the Gladiators. :D

However, considering how much I disliked the revised series that was on Sky One, I think I'll ignore that one.
Mind you, considering the crap that passes for "Saturday Night Entertainment" nowadays, I think this would be a welcome return if they did it right.

Here's an old episode; Falcon's mullet still looks awesome and Lightning is hot as ever (although why does it look like Ulrika's trousers are made out of duct tape?).

Last edited:
I would say a new series of Gladiators similar to the old UK show from the 90's; I used to watch it on Yorkshire Television (now ITV) every Saturday at 5:00pm - sitting on the floor and stimming excitedly by twirling my hands as that epic intro music kicked up with the images of the Gladiators. :D

However, considering how much I disliked the revised series that was on Sky One, I think I'll ignore that one.
Mind you, considering the crap that passes for "Saturday Night Entertainment" nowadays, I think this would be a welcome return if they did it right.

Here's an old episode; Falcon's mullet still looks awesome and Lightning is hot as ever (although why does it look like Ulrika's trousers are made out of duct tape?).

Indeed, I mean come on, they're bringing X Factor back next week, no one cares about X Factor except Simon Cowell and his fat Bank balance because he gets paid a Boatload of money regardless of which tuneless hack wins the "talent" show.

Greg The Bunny, was shown years ago on MTV, Eugene Levy, Sarah Silverman and Seth Green stared, like the muppet show, but the Muppets play actors on on a childrens tv show, off camera they drink and gamble and general mischief.

Hill Street Blues

Barney Miller - deadpan humour in a police precinct in New York i think, great theme tune too.

Original Danger Mouse, Rainbow

My first choice would be The SimWHAT DO YOU MEAN IT'S STILL ON THE AIR?

It would be hard to find a show that could be brought back and enjoyed. Maybe what someone should do is come up with an anthology where we catch up with the characters from a different show each week. For some reason, I want to see that most for Malcolm in the Middle.

I might actually watch the revival of Reba, though.

Greg The Bunny, was shown years ago on MTV, Eugene Levy, Sarah Silverman and Seth Green stared, like the muppet show, but the Muppets play actors on on a childrens tv show, off camera they drink and gamble and general mischief.

Hill Street Blues

Barney Miller - deadpan humour in a police precinct in New York i think, great theme tune too.

Original Danger Mouse, Rainbow

Rainbow coming back? Won't happen, the original guy who played Bungle died last year, and today's audience wouldn't "get" the jokes and stuff.

I don't know if you've seen the infamous "Twanger" episode? Wrong on so many levels but still PMSL funny.

New Threads

Top Bottom