• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Trolling people online.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrokenBoy

戯言使い(Nonsense User)
I love trolling on the internet. Despite generally not feeling that much joy at all, despite being around enjoyable things, making others feel pain for my benefit is an exception. Whenever I see someone react as expected to whatever my latest scheme is, I can't help but laugh hysterically like some supervillain. My ego and self esteem goes from pitifully low to super high and I feel like a god and feel as if I can do literally anything and the world is my sandbox.

I also get a high off of watching people pull off their own trolling schemes which is why I watch videos about "Griefing" on online games, frequently ones I don't even play. A good video I found recently (But can't post due to forum rules on swearing) is called "Minecraft Xbox360 Killing People Reactions" by the user "UnstoppableLuck".

Does anyone else have this special interest?

I don't actually engage in trolling, but I'm a longtime fan of "lolcow" forum Kiwi Farms. Their prime directive is no trolling, so there's not a whole lot of 8kun-type stuff on there, but there are several lolcows currently producing interesting material. One is Thomas Wasserberg ("Tommy Tooter") of Tucson, who was recently hauled off for a 5150 hold after calling the FBI tipline and ranting about killing people. He recorded the entire interaction with Tucson PD as he was being "kidnapped". Most of the biggest lolcows live in unbelievable filth and clutter, which they happily record and post to Twitter and Facebook. Lots of Youtube "celebrities" who post video after video of them screaming semi-intelligible rants into a smartphone. I'm more of a fellow traveler on there, definitely not one of the hardcore members who devote lots of time towards chronicling these people.

I don't actually engage in trolling, but I'm a longtime fan of "lolcow" forum Kiwi Farms. Their prime directive is no trolling, so there's not a whole lot of 8kun-type stuff on there, but there are several lolcows currently producing interesting material. One is Thomas Wasserberg ("Tommy Tooter") of Tucson, who was recently hauled off for a 5150 hold after calling the FBI tipline and ranting about killing people. He recorded the entire interaction with Tucson PD as he was being "kidnapped". Most of the biggest lolcows live in unbelievable filth and clutter, which they happily record and post to Twitter and Facebook. Lots of Youtube "celebrities" who post video after video of them screaming semi-intelligible rants into a smartphone. I'm more of a fellow traveler on there, definitely not one of the hardcore members who devote lots of time towards chronicling these people.
Yeah I have an account there in order to get infomation but I hate how preachy they can be at times. A lot of threads are just massive echo chambers where people basically say the same thing for pages on end. If you disagree on anything you get threadbanned if not banned from the whole site.

I much prefer Encyclopedia Dramatica. I recommend going on their forums. Malhub.com is a good way to spend your time and I really like it. Because other opinions are allowed.

Pretty much the opposite for me.

I get a kick out of countering trolls, shutting them down, and doing to them what they're trying to do to everyone else. It's exceptionally satisfying when one of them ends up going berserk as a result. Best part is... nobody else around will have a problem with it. Often, praise follows.

Randomly attacking others that cant fight back... that wouldnt do anything for me. Not to mention it'd very much go against my personality. But going after someone who is not only already being the villain, but probably practiced in doing so? Oh yes, defeating that entertaining challenge... now THAT is satisfying.

It's not so much about feeling "strong"... I dont get that from mere typing. Not to mention that strength is rarely what I'm after. There's a line from one of the Discworld books that I always resonated with: "Most people want power, but the truly smart ones know that the real prize is control." After all, it doesnt matter how strong the opponent is, if you have such absolute control of the situation that they cant even act. Or, even better, control to the point where if they TRY to act, they self-destruct.

Now that all being said, videos of gamers screwing with others online can be very funny. But only if it's done in a non-malicious way.

....As long as nobody is cheating. With multiplayer gaming, nothing lights my fuse faster than cheating.

I don't enjoy trolling myself, but creative trollings, the kind that lead people to do stupid things, do get a few laughs from me.

It's not so much about feeling "strong"... I dont get that from mere typing. Not to mention that strength is rarely what I'm after. There's a line from one of the Discworld books that I always resonated with: "Most people want power, but the truly smart ones know that the real prize is control."
It's funny you say that because I've always conceptualized that control is an extension of strength.

If you have strength then you can choose to either destroy something, or control it. Not turn this thread into a religious or anything (I'm also not a Christian FYI and I'm only mentioning this because it's the only example I could think of) but the biblical god was an omnipotent being that had the strength to do literally anything. If he wanted to destroy the world, he could. If he wanted to control the world in some way, he could do that as well.

With his infinite strength you could do either of those things.

It would be so neat if you could take some of the trolling energy and make a difference. Like raise money for abused men and teenagers. Or save animals by going to a website and offering your computer services. Seeing other people suffer can only take you so far in life. Why don't you try doing a positive instead of contributing to the negatives. When you are down and out in your lifetime, everyone will be to busy trolling to come and offer you assistance.........Just a thought. Nothing more here.

It would be so neat if you could take some of the trolling energy and make a difference. Like raise money for abused men and teenagers. Or save animals by going to a website and offering your computer services. Seeing other people suffer can only take you so far in life. Why don't you try doing a positive instead of contributing to the negatives. When you are down and out in your lifetime, everyone will be to busy trolling to come and offer you assistance.........Just a thought. Nothing more here.
But IDC about animals and I've decided a long time ago that helping people without a material reward does absolutely nothing for me.

But IDC about animals and I've decided a long time ago that helping people without a material reward does absolutely nothing for me.

Thanks for your honesty. It is not a requirement that it has to do something for you. Maybe one day in your lifetime - you will need assistance. Are you saying that you shouldn't receive assistance because it didn't make someone feel better?

Thanks for your honesty. It is not a requirement that it has to do something for you. Maybe one day in your lifetime - you will need assistance. Are you saying that you shouldn't receive assistance because it didn't make someone feel better?
What do you mean by assistance?

Assistance can mean anything from kind words to financial help. Look up the word *altruistic*. Thanks.

I have dabbled in trolling some. Most of the time it is in the spirit of trying to be amusing. Sometimes I have trolled trolls. Which is fun, but it also really only just contributes to their disruption. When I was younger I made up some fake strange issues I had on a support forum that had some people writing fairly outlandish things I believed to be fictional. A 'when in Rome' thing I suppose. Here I have kinda trolled a little with things like claiming to have access to a time machine, claiming everything I write about myself is fake. Maybe that's more pranking than trolling, if there is a difference between the two. But again, it is done in the spirit of trying to be amusing rather than annoying.

Last edited:
No, absolutely no way. It's a form of bullying, and I don't get a kick out of making people angry or miserable. It's the internet and you don't know the people you are trolling, you don't see the consequences and people have even committed suicide due to stuff like this. I wouldn't want to be responsible or contribute in any way to that.

No. Very occasionally trolling can be funny if it's done right, but most trolls are just bullies, and I despise bullying. I don't find seeing people getting upset amusing at all.

I don't enjoy trolling myself, but creative trollings, the kind that lead people to do stupid things, do get a few laughs from me.
Your post must be one of those creative trollings.
It made me smile and want to do a stupid thing
like reply: I don't like trolling Myself either! :D

I get a kick out of countering trolls, shutting them down, and doing to them what they're trying to do to everyone else. It's exceptionally satisfying when one of them ends up going berserk as a result. Best part is... nobody else around will have a problem with it. Often, praise follows.

Randomly attacking others that cant fight back... that wouldnt do anything for me. Not to mention it'd very much go against my personality. But going after someone who is not only already being the villain, but probably practiced in doing so? Oh yes, defeating that entertaining challenge... now THAT is satisfying.

It's not so much about feeling "strong"... I dont get that from mere typing. Not to mention that strength is rarely what I'm after. There's a line from one of the Discworld books that I always resonated with: "Most people want power, but the truly smart ones know that the real prize is control." After all, it doesnt matter how strong the opponent is, if you have such absolute control of the situation that they cant even act. Or, even better, control to the point where if they TRY to act, they self-destruct.

Now that all being said, videos of gamers screwing with others online can be very funny. But only if it's done in a non-malicious way.

....As long as nobody is cheating. With multiplayer gaming, nothing lights my fuse faster than cheating.

Wait a minute. Now I know where I know you from. You were my undoing. My curse is upon you :imp:

"Schadenfreude is the experience of pleasure, joy, or self-satisfaction that comes from learning of or witnessing the troubles, failures, or humiliation of another.

Schadenfreude is a complex emotion, where rather than feeling sympathy toward someone's misfortune, schadenfreude evokes joyful feelings that take pleasure from watching someone fail. This emotion is displayed more in children than adults. However, adults also experience schadenfreude, although generally, they conceal it.[1]"

I came across this word for the first time yesterday, had to look it up. Didn't know I'd be able to reference it a day later. :p

Yeh if its in the context of video game, or not real (i dont like the shootings from reddit for example) then i enjoy watching it. Ralph Pootwan is one of those ones that i like to look up. second life has a lot of opportunity for that.

i do hate it when im on my own team and i have them within one of my team

I like exposing trolls to people I like and feel for, but it has proven dangerous more than once.

Recently a group of people who harass others have messed with someone, and though they changed their name i have recognized one by the details i added to their profile. One of them was acting as the defender as one was harassing them but I just told them i recognize them and im glad that they no longer do that kind of stuff. That was enough for the person harassed to be surprised and no longer approach them.

There are times when even the harrassed may be one of them which since i was around I have to wonder if they actually targeted me in some way but the harrassed had given me no issues so far, so I think it may be genuine unless they were testing me which i have no idea why theyd be interested in me because I keep a low interaction with others and am nice.

But then again one of them had targeted me once so not sure I really get the rule here.

Like my autistic ex would say, being the mongoose to the snake. It takes extreme skill and smarts, and an overall picture view. Gangs are especially dangerous.

c2199428d6761772af4b57452acb8fc0.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Top Bottom