• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Trolling people online.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im not sure if this is an autistic interest, may be a narcissistic trait. I have thought before your posts may mean you're openly narcissistic, there seems to be a pattern. Then again Im no professional.

Sounds like a pretty extremist fixed mindset to me.

Trolling, in general, is rather pointless. Isn't it better to build specific skills or work on one's looks to gain long-term confidence, instead of spouting petty remarks for a fast boost? But then, emotions - and people - aren't really logical and human brains are more wired towards immediate gratification instead of a long-term one. Too bad it always turns out into such a dead end for the people doing it.

Edit: I don't think it should be called a special interest - it's more of a psychological issue, probably coming from low self-esteem. When you see people getting mad or miserable, you feel better because for a moment someone else feels exactly as you do or someone is even worse than you. Ultimately however, it's quite sad.

Im not sure if this is an autistic interest, may be a narcissistic trait. I have thought before your posts may mean you're openly narcissistic, there seems to be a pattern. Then again Im no professional.

He's a depressed teenager after, or still during, quite a rough patch in his life. I wouldn't call him narcissistic - more in need of help than condemnation. He's not a bad kid, simply a lost one.

Not sure why you want to broadcast that, but play with fire if it suits you. You'll meet your match if you keep it up. Just don't do it over here.

@BrokenBoy

Sounds like you're trolling to cause pain because it's the
one reaction you believe you can cause. What I am saying
is that it sounds like you don't have faith in your capacity to
be a source of happiness to anyone else.

Thanks- we have great people at this site. Didn't bad mouth , just pointed out things. l come across so many bad people. But this place makes me smile on the gloomiest days.

@BrokenBoy

Sounds like you're trolling to cause pain because it's the
one reaction you believe you can cause. What I am saying
is that it sounds like you don't have faith in your capacity to
be a source of happiness to anyone else.
No I hurt people because I can feel joy from it and it's easy. Making people get upset or watching someone get hurt physically is a massive heroin dopamine rush and I feel omniscient.

The reason I don't like helping people without a physical reward is because I feel nothing which makes helping others feel completely pointless.

If you can't feel love it makes loving hard. You have to open up to receive it, and that includes being vulnerable and genuine, trusting, in your life. You can't give from a hollow core, there's only emptiness to give, and things to take that never fill the hole for long, causing destruction perpetually around you and leaving you more and more alone.

If I were to guess your issue now is finding motivation to start making a change and hoping for a better situation for yourself.

No I hurt people because I can feel joy from it and it's easy. Making people get upset or watching someone get hurt physically is a massive heroin dopamine rush and I feel omniscient.

The problem though is that this is merely an illusion.

What trolls in general tend not to ever spot is that it merely makes them look like agitated toddlers, with the sense of "humor" that this implies. It's one of the true reasons why people can get so fired up by trolls: because dealing with someone acting that ridiculous is just annoying.

I assure you, those who you are trolling see you in the opposite of the way you seem to feel they do. To most, a troll is far, FAR below them. If anything, what you're causing in most cases is the direct opposite of what you think you're doing. People act angry in the heat of the moment, but there's a tendency to, later in the day, think something like "Geez, I know I'm not perfect but at least I'm not like that guy from earlier".

In other words, it ends up boosting them.... not hurting them. It ALSO leads to others, who werent the "victims", jumping in to boost the original victim. So, boosting them even more. This is coming from someone who has been carefully observing not just trolls, but their "victims" as well, since the very beginning of the internet. And from someone with literally nothing but free time, all the time.

The only actual negative effect is that it can make people simply avoid certain places online... not because they got hurt, but because their valuable time is better spent somewhere less bloody stupid. This, too, can actually be a boost, as it can genuinely lead to the finding of places that are really good in some way.

Want proof? Look around this forum. Alot of us came from WP. And the vast majority did so for exactly the set of reasons I'm explaining here. This includes myself.

Like I said: what you feel is merely a rather silly illusion. The actual effects... they aint what you think they are.

You seem to be in a very dark place at the moment @BrokenBoy . I hope it gets better for you at some point. Possibly moving out and changing your environment when you hit 18 could give you a new outlook on things.

Are you trying to provoke us? It's not going to work. You may not believe that there is anything good, but I've read many of your posts and some of them don't show a bitter boy but one that can be both playful and gentle. While I won't say any of the tripe about how everyone has something good in them and should always be given a chance or other nonsense like that, I am convinced that you don't fit the 'evil' category. Everyone has the potential but you still seem quite far from that title. Maybe your intention while creating this thread was to troll and make us angry but it sounds much sadder than that.

I wish, one day, you'll learn to see yourself - and the world - in less harsh of a light.

You seem to be in a very dark place at the moment @BrokenBoy . I hope it gets better for you at some point. Possibly moving out and changing your environment when you hit 18 could give you a new outlook on things.

Are you trying to provoke us? It's not going to work. You may not believe that there is anything good, but I've read many of your posts and some of them don't show a bitter boy but one that can be both playful and gentle. While I won't say any of the tripe about how everyone has something good in them and should always be given a chance or other nonsense like that, I am convinced that you don't fit the 'evil' category. Everyone has the potential but you still seem quite far from that title. Maybe your intention while creating this thread was to troll and make us angry but it sounds much sadder than that.

I wish, one day, you'll learn to see yourself - and the world - in less harsh of a light.
The point of this thread is ask if anyone felt the same as me. Not to troll anyone here.

I "like" (I put it in quotes I don't know anyone here IRL) the people on here.

The point of this thread is ask if anyone felt the same as me. Not to troll anyone here.

I "like" (I put it in quotes I don't know anyone here IRL) the people on here.

I know. You never did it here before, I didn't think you'd start now, although some of the users that were here for a shorter amount of time may not have been sure. It's good that you clarified ;).

Edit: What I meant by 'trying to provoke us' was more about 'trying to provoke us to say things you perceive yourself to be' if it makes sense. I used to do it when I was younger to force people to say how awful I was which would in turn solidify my own views on myself. I thought there may be a similar case with you.

Last edited:
Name other times I was "narcissistic". I can't think of anything.

I appreciate BrokenBoy's candor. I have never seen anyone who trolls maliciously spell out exactly why they do it in such detail. Definitely deserves an A+ for honesty and transparency. Plus being informative.

Edit: What I meant by 'trying to provoke us' was more about 'trying to provoke us to say things you perceive yourself to be' if it makes sense. I used to do it when I was younger to force people to say how awful I was which would in turn solidify my own views on myself. I thought there may be a similar case with you.
I wonder why we do things like that to ourselves? Last night I watched a video on signs that one has abandonment issues, and one of the top comments was "how many of us watched this just to affirm what we already know is true?" as though many of us were afraid we didn't really have abandonment wounds, but just wanted to feel that way to justify our issues or something.

Where do you you think those kinds of feelings of self-loathing come from?

The reason I don't like helping people without a physical reward is because I feel nothing which makes helping others feel completely pointless.

Are you selective about who you go after? When I have trolled someone to zing them, it is because I thought they were a jerk, bully, manipulator etc, and I got a feeling of satisfaction toying with them because of that.

Are you selective about who you go after? When I have trolled someone to zing them, it is because I thought they were a jerk, bully, manipulator etc, and I got a feeling of satisfaction toying with them because of that.
I'm an opportunist. So I will troll absolutely anyone if I see an opportunity, even if the victim is someone who I actually care about which kinda makes things problematic after I become sober again from my euphoria and endless laughter. My mind will have "the plan" completely overshadow everything else I could possibly be thinking about at the moment like nothing else exists and I will not stop until I reach a "success" state or a "failure" state.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Top Bottom