• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Tried some dating apps

Yesterday I had a girl younger than me approach me for directions I was surprised as all the time its those elderly that approach me for directions. I told her I don't know where it is. She was even using the maps app I use when I get lost and even Google the place. When I got home I Google the location she was in the wrong borrow.

Dating is hard, period. It is hard even for the people who "make it look easy" because the ones who get a lot of options are usually very picky or can't decide what they want. They can complain, but they aren't willing to compromise or see what they don't have in themselves that others could complement if they had a more open mind.

Online dating sucks, I mean it sucks in general its just worse online.
My dad is still annoyed I refused to date a woman he and his wife tried to set me up with but I do have standards, not many but she didn't meet them so I said no.

I have had a good bit of luck with “Hinge” as a dating site. As others have mentioned, online dating is a unique area of socializing. Don’t let it hurt your self esteem because it is like “reality TV” compared to actual reality. There are many “pitfalls.”

Some tips for success Would be to
make thoughtful messages with questions for the recipients that require a more in depth answer than a single word or two.
Meaning ask a question that is not basic.
Inject some personality into your messages.
Remember that a lot of folks will not be a match, even if you match online. Also, a lot of profiles are fake or are “bots” and just collect information. There are a lot of scammers On dating sites so beware and research these things a bit, and adjust your communications so as not to look or sound similar to them.
Your photos and bio make a difference!
Your appearance can impact who you attract. You may not be interested in the folks interested in you.
Don’t post of photo of yourself with a hunted animal or a fish you caught, and avoid selfies.
There are a lot of advice videos on how to better present and communicate, if serious about online dating, research research research!

With Hinge I have found women to be a bit more serious and down to earth compared with other dating apps like tinder or bumble.
I have been using dating apps for 7 months now and for me the best results have been Hinge. Tinder is a pretty much a joke, and mostly full of bots, flakes, and prostitutes. There are serious humans on there but they are far and few between. Bumble puts the first contact on women, empowering them in a good way, but has less than fair standards when it comes to disputes and automatically sides with women. I never tried other sites because I will not pay to use the apps and I chose based on peer reviews of sites.

In addition, as a male, if a woman messages you first, she is probably more serious about connecting, IF she is not a bot or a scammer. 5 out of the last 7 times when I was contacted first, it led directly to actual meet ups/ dates.

Last edited:
Tried Facebook Dating as well as Hiki again after giving both breaks for a few weeks. Still nothing productive has come from them.

Found out Facebook has videos like YouTube however they can never compare to YouTube as they only have a fraction of the videos YouTube has.

Tried Facebook Dating as well as Hiki again after giving both breaks for a few weeks. Still nothing productive has come from them.
My wise older woman friend told me to drop those apps because they're a waste of time for people like me.

New Threads

Top Bottom