• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Tim Burton Thread

14077534._SX540_.jpg

I like his sensibilities. As a former Disney employee I bet he enjoyed burning down the amusement park in Dumbo.

At a time when Hollywood is facing creative exhaustion we are offered miserable franchise films using too much CGI and one-dimensional superheros (and Disney losing $900-million in their last 8 films). Even the last Avatar was merely a long chase film with arbitrary rules. We need imaginations like Tim Burton and better, imaginative, films.

Last edited:
My favorites are Pee-Wee's Big Adventure, Batman, Beetlejuice, Edward Scissorhands, and Ed Wood. He was so popular for what felt like ages, but I think he just cranked the movies out. His popular years probably weren't as long as it seems.

Mars Attacks was fun, but not as magical for me. And I liked the look of Sleepy Hollow, but it seemed to be missing something. I didn't care for Planet of the Apes and hated Willy Wonka, but Big Fish was good. I do miss his style--like something between John Hughes and David Lynch.

You might find this fun, 330:

Thanks

Thanks I really enjoyed that . I lost interest after Burtons 2 Batman films . Would have been wonderful to have the 3rd done by him .

Edward Scissorhands is my favorite, and I recognized all the locations because most of them are in Florida, so I've seen them in person.
Used to shop at Southgate shopping center a lot and got my hair done there several times. All in 1980's before the movie.

I like Sleepy Hollow also. And the Nightmare Before Christmas.

It turns out that Tampa Bay, Fla. was The main backdrop for Edward Scissorhands when it was filmed back in 1990. Bay News 9 reveals that the film was shot almost entirely in West Central Florida. The Southgate shopping center was used as the backdrop of the hair salon scene when Joyce tries to seduce Edward.

Edward Scissorhands is my favorite, and I recognized all the locations because most of them are in Florida, so I've seen them in person.
Used to shop at Southgate shopping center a lot and got my hair done there several times. All in 1980's before the movie.

I like Sleepy Hollow also. And the Nightmare Before Christmas.
I was unaware that they used locations in Florida, that’s great !

View attachment 108127

I am a major Tim Burton fan as some here know . I know there are lots of Tim Burton fans in here as well , figured lets do a thread for anything Burton , any art reference, movies, jokes etc anything Tim Burton

I will go first -
My favourites will always be Edward Scissorhands, big fish and idk if the others I always like.
His dark ones are his best but I get scared of things like beetlejuice, batman a bit, even the corpse bride
And he can really screw ones up
I wonder if he means to do that.
It is kind of like wow I screwed up and it was a marvellous flop
He is very creative and a bit mad no wonder him and Johnny are so close

My favourites will always be Edward Scissorhands, big fish and idk if the others I always like.
His dark ones are his best but I get scared of things like beetlejuice, batman a bit, even the corpse bride
And he can really screw ones up
I wonder if he means to do that.
It is kind of like wow I screwed up and it was a marvellous flop
He is very creative and a bit mad no wonder him and Johnny are so close
I understand that , Edward Scissorhands is so good . Yeah when he gets a bit dark it can be much for some people that’s understandable. Maybe he just gets lucky! I would have to say my least favorite would be Alice in wonderland, but maybe I should give it another shot

I understand that , Edward Scissorhands is so good . Yeah when he gets a bit dark it can be much for some people that’s understandable. Maybe he just gets lucky! I would have to say my least favorite would be Alice in wonderland, but maybe I should give it another shot
I hate too much computer generated fantasy world, I think that looks really fake.
But I still like Alice in wonderland because Johnny depp is great as the mad hatter

I hate too much computer generated fantasy world, I think that looks really fake.
But I still like Alice in wonderland because Johnny depp is great as the mad hatter
I agree the CGI is out of hand , yeah he did do a good job in Alice On wonderland, I will watch it again . It’s been awhile

New Threads

Top Bottom