• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Thoughts on Daylight Savings

What do you think about daylight savings?

• I don’t care

• I wish they would discontinue it

• I want the world to burn

• My sleep schedule is ruined

• Please let it end

Results are only viewable after voting.
With a few antique clocks around here I'm probably going to keep one of them set to Standard Time just as an act of rebellion--the wall-hanging anarchist that has to be wound up once a week.

Neither Arizona nor the Mexican state of Sonora go on daylight savings time. It gets confusing figuring out if we are now at the same time as my family or an hour behind. Our clocks never change but the confusion remains.

My body is quite syncronized with daytime, and if we did not changed the clock, the variation in dawn and sunset time would be even bigger.

I would happily adopt a even more fluid world hour time that is now possible with computers everywere:

I would put all hours relative to dawn in every place of the earth. For example: The meeting will be at dawn + 5 hours at Mexico City.

And things like waking up to go to the school and the office would be automatically syncronized with the Daylight.

My 2 cents. :D

Not related to DST, but I learned that the first call to prayer in a muslim country is not daybreak locally but daybreak over Mecca. I had a hotel room across the street from a mosque and would get woken up at 5am look up to the ceiling at the kiblat to see the direction of Mecca.

Interestingly when Jews pray its always facing toward the temple in Yerushalayim (Jerusalem)sometimes singing to worship in between spoken worship

Tomorrow is the day to turn the clocks back an hour here.

1667682456801.png

So that means it will be light earlier in the morning,
and get dark sooner in the evening.

I am saying this to remind myself.

We changed it a week ago.

And I can't imagine a moment when we need more energy saving than now

Our clocks went forward about a week ago. I don't like it much, not after spending 20 years in the tropics where the days are near enough the same length all year round.

I don't bother changing my clocks, this often really confuses visitors. :)

The clocks here went back one hour last sunday, but I don't really notice it much anymore. Lately there has been talk of scrapping the whole daylight saving time thing. And it looks like that will happen, it's not really necessary to do it anymore since we no longer rely on daylight to work.

I don't like it either. Never have. My sleeping patterns have always been susceptible to all kinds of things that make life unpleasant at times.

I forgot daylight savings is happening soon, and I hate how it affects my sleep and mood. I will always hate daylight savings and why we still use it. I have seen areas where they have completely banned it entirely, which is nice to think about.

I don't like it and wish it would end. In the EU a couple of years ago they were going to end it, but along came Covid and they put it on hold. I hope that eventually they will stop it.

I used to dread it a fair bit, but my sleep patterns are pretty messed up these days and so ironically it'll have less of an impact.

I live in Florida, DST is basically useless down here.

They actually passed a law a few years ago down here to just be on permanent DST but it hasn't gone into effect because the current laws in regards to DST only allows states to opt-out by not participating in DST at all, not having permanent daylight savings time.

I wish they would keep DST the year round.
They keep trying to make it law here in Florida, but so far, we still change back and forth.
I like longer hours of daylight.

New Threads

Top Bottom