• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Things that you normally Carry on you/"Comforters"

Rayner

Normally I carry with me, in my right pocket my keys, iPhone 5s, Benchmade pocket knife clipped to the seam of the pocket. My left pocket has my pen, zippo lighter, my wallet, handkerchief and Chapstick. My left rear pocket it has my main hankerchief and my streamlight flashlight. My small note pad is carried in my right rear pocket. On my belt is my leatherman wave tool.

I try to keep pencils on hand, but I don't always succeed. Especially with school, I try to check before I go that I do have a pencil, but I forget a lot. There are pencils that I just keep in certain pockets in certain jackets, and I would do that with all jackets except some have developed holes and it's no longer possible.

I do always have my laptop, except when I'm walking the dog. If I'm buying groceries, I will leave the computer in the car.

Used to always carry a camera around, and I sort of want to get back into that, except I can no longer manage the rapid draw and capture at random moments like I used to. I blame the camera bag I most recently purchased; the top zips open and shut in a very inconvenient manner, so it takes so much longer to take the camera out. And the camera turns on so much more quickly than my last camera did, which makes it even more frustrating. It's a very good DSLR, so I have to keep it in some sort of a case to protect it from damage.

Phone (and charger if I think I may need it), money purse with all cards and sometimes a bit of cash, keys, knitted wrist warmers (keep two pairs in my bag, black and grey). Sometimes I also have an a5 diary, where I write details of bus numbers/train info and locations of where I am going that day, just in case my phone is lost, stolen or runs out of battery.

My phone in my front left pocket with my wallet, keys in front right pocket with my leatherman, zippo in my back pocket, my vaporizer wherever is handy, pocketknife in my boot and my tablet in my wee canvas bag with a sketch pad n a few pencils, charcoal etc.

In my car, first aid kit a few road cones with flashing lights, a hip flask of absinthe, sleepin bag, warm hat n jacket, pup tent, a few cans of beans, some coffee, my billy, torch, jumper leads, tow rope and some basic tools.

It is always the same. Right front pocket: main keys, change, nitro tablets and small flash light. Left front pocket: work keys, a pen, a fine point marker and a fold up magnifying glass. Right rear pocket: billfold. Left rear pocket: handkerchief. On right side of belt: cell phone holster with cell phone and a leatherman holster with a super leatherman tool. Right wrist: wrist watch. Shirt pocket: notepad. If I am fishing or just up in the in the mountains, on left side of belt: a holster with handgun.

Last edited:
It is always the same. Right front pocket: main keys, change, nitro tablets and small flash light. Left front pocket: work keys, a pen, a fine point marker and a fold up magnifying glass. Right rear pocket: billfold. Left rear pocket: handkerchief. On right side of belt: cell phone holster with cell phone and a leatherman holster with a super leatherman tool. Right wrist: wrist watch. Shirt pocket: notepad. If I am fishing or just up in the in the mountains, on left side of belt: a holster with handgun.
I also carry a leatherman tool with me, I carry the leatherman wave in the nylon sheath it came with. I noticed when a got it the sheath had a hole in the buttom so you could carry the tool with the pliers open. I wish the sheath wasn't Velcro, I would rather have a metal snap. Personally I think it's a great tool, good sheath overall. What are your thoughts on your leatherman?

I also carry a leatherman tool with me, I carry the leatherman wave in the nylon sheath it came with. I noticed when a got it the sheath had a hole in the buttom so you could carry the tool with the pliers open. I wish the sheath wasn't Velcro, I would rather have a metal snap. Personally I think it's a great tool, good sheath overall. What are your thoughts on your leatherman?

My Leatherman? I would be lost without it. I always carry it and I use it every day. Mine is the old Leatherman Supertool. I got it many years ago and like it because the tools lock open. It came with a leather sheath with a snap to hold the cover down. I have replaced the sheath twice, but the tool itself is over twenty-five years old.

I love my leatherman wave, I like that all the tool lock open and the knife blades are both able to be opened and closed one handed. I keep my Leatherman tied to its sheath when it's In its pouch on my belt. In fact most everything carry with me is tethered to my belt so I won't lose it. It works pretty well.

My phone in my front left pocket with my wallet, keys in front right pocket with my leatherman, zippo in my back pocket, my vaporizer wherever is handy, pocketknife in my boot and my tablet in my wee canvas bag with a sketch pad n a few pencils, charcoal etc.

In my car, first aid kit a few road cones with flashing lights, a hip flask of absinthe, sleepin bag, warm hat n jacket, pup tent, a few cans of beans, some coffee, my billy, torch, jumper leads, tow rope and some basic tools.
I'm curious of witch particular leatherman do you carry? I'm somewhat jealous of your ability to carry your pocketknife in your boot. That would drive me crazy. I now keep my wallet in my front right pocket with my spare Hankerchief and keys. What I carry on me and how/where I carry my things is an evolution to what I find works better for me.

Car key, truck key, house key, rod and gun club key, keys for cemetery buildings, 2 pocket knives, lip balm, dumb phone for renters to call, smart phone for everyone else to call, wallet, checkbook, lanyard with work id and attached pen.

Usually a stick of lip balm and a nail clipper (in case of hangnails) are all I need. Sometimes I bring my debit card or some cash, depending on where I'm going. Soon I'm buying a personal alarm too, because there are so many creepers around here.

I'm curious of witch particular leatherman do you carry? I'm somewhat jealous of your ability to carry your pocketknife in your boot. That would drive me crazy. I now keep my wallet in my front right pocket with my spare Hankerchief and keys. What I carry on me and how/where I carry my things is an evolution to what I find works better for me.

I am not sure what kind it is sorry, i have had it for almost 10 years and it was a gift. It has come in very handy over the years, it's not a fancy one but has enough features to do most bits n bobs.
i have a little pocket sewn into my boot, the knife is very thin and very slightly rounded, it's actually not as uncomfortable as ya might think.

I love my leatherman it's a great thing to own and carry. My boots don't have a pocket inside them I wish they did sometimes. I like my Pocket knife since its really light at 2.3 ounces with a 4 inch blade. I have two leathermans, One model is a wave the other model is a super tool 300.
I am not sure what kind it is sorry, i have had it for almost 10 years and it was a gift. It has come in very handy over the years, it's not a fancy one but has enough features to do most bits n bobs.
i have a little pocket sewn into my boot, the knife is very thin and very slightly rounded, it's actually not as uncomfortable as ya might think.
Out of curiousity why do you Carry two pocket knives? What two knives do you carry?
Car key, truck key, house key, rod and gun club key, keys for cemetery buildings, 2 pocket knives, lip balm, dumb phone for renters to call, smart phone for everyone else to call, wallet, checkbook, lanyard with work id and attached pen.

Medium sized pocket knife, 6 feet of O.D. paracord, other pocket very small pocketknife. Other stuff in my backpack.

Medium sized pocket knife, 6 feet of O.D. paracord, other pocket very small pocketknife. Other stuff in my backpack.
I don't often carry a backpack unless I'm at school for serveral different reasons. What do you keep inside your backpack? Two knives and a Hank of paracord is a bit strange for most people where I live.

I don't often carry a backpack unless I'm at school for serveral different reasons. What do you keep inside your backpack? Two knives and a Hank of paracord is a bit strange for most people where I live.

From your words I cannot tell if you are saying you disapprove of what I am carrying, you used the word strange. Will you explain?

I use a wheelchair, I have backpack to carry things I need and also to bring shopping home. The cord helps me carry over-size packages. I tie the package and run the cord through my beltloops to keep it on my lap. My backpack has many daily carry items. I think the list would be too long. Some of what I have in their is what other people would keep in their pockets like a cellphone. I also carry a bottle of water, sunglasses, prescription glasses case, handicapped parking placard and documentation, more cord, a multi-tool, a metric allen multi-wrench, pen and some other things. They fit into pockets. Reaching into trouser pockets while sitting is very difficult so most chair users will carry bags.

From your words I cannot tell if you are saying you disapprove of what I am carrying, you used the word strange. Will you explain?

I use a wheelchair, I have backpack to carry things I need and also to bring shopping home. The cord helps me carry over-size packages. I tie the package and run the cord through my beltloops to keep it on my lap. My backpack has many daily carry items. I think the list would be too long. Some of what I have in their is what other people would keep in their pockets like a cellphone. I also carry a bottle of water, sunglasses, prescription glasses case, handicapped parking placard and documentation, more cord, a multi-tool, a metric allen multi-wrench, pen and some other things. They fit into pockets. Reaching into trouser pockets while sitting is very difficult so most chair users will carry bags.
I didn't realize you use a a wheelchair, that makes a lot more sense. You use a backpack since its diffuclt to use your trouser pockets being in a sitting position is that correct? My apologies I was thinking all you carried with you most of the time was two knives and 6ft of paracord. It never occurred to me that you use a wheel chair so I never dove deeper and considered that some people don't/can't keep their everyday items (like phone,wallet,keys,etc) in the pockets of their clothing. I hope I didn't offend you

Thank you for explaining. I was not offended but I did feel hurt. I thought maybe you were making fun of me. As aspies we get made fun of a lot for being different. So I am sensitive to it. You explained that you were not and that helps :)

By the way, attending Aspergers meetings and seeing others and their difference and that no one minded those differences meant a lot to me. People think we are so strange and by comparison to them, we might be but especially in school the other kids can be so cruel if you are different. Adults do it too but not not as loudly.

Something I have never understood is if we do something differently and it makes us happy or just function well but doesn't do anyone harm, why does it matter to those not involved? Why do they make fun? I like aspies with aspies, I like the acceptance though we still have our communication problems.

I'm sorry you felt hurt. I'm with you on that one I'm not sure why people are so cruel either. I'm not disapproving of what you carry at all. I carry most of the same items with me just in a differant way that's functional for me.

New Threads

Top Bottom