• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Things that you normally Carry on you/"Comforters"

I really struggle with not having something in my hand to grasp onto to feel safe. For me it's usually my purse or my key ring. I'm absolutely gutted as I've lost my set of keys due to having a really overwhelming day yesterday with no one to help keep track of what I'm doing and to remind me that if I'm not careful I'm going to drop something I may need during the day as such lost my one set of keys with that key ring on.

Said key ring was particularly good for me as it was quite weighty and not to big to grasp onto. :( Sadly it was from Disneyland Paris and I know they don't sell that particular key ring in the UK at any of the Disney stores here so I'm quite upset I've lost it for good.

So yeah...Feeling really rubbish and quite upset over that right now.

I don't usually carry much on me. When I go out all the things I need, like my wallet, my keys and my phone are in my purse. I don't like to be weighed down with too much stuff.

Well there is a lot in my briefcase, but key items are cell phone, pens, highlighters, tissues, chewing gum, adhesive back pain patches, a small bottle of “tiger balm,” ointment, computer prescription eyeglasses, extra strength acetaminophen, maximum strength caffeine tablets, a couple of squeeze stress toys, post it notes, a “tens unit” (electronic shocking device used for severe back pain), work notes and thin binder, work I.d. Clip on badge and separate lanyard, keys, and wallet.

I don’t understand all the survival tools and gadgets you guys all above carry. I own all those same described tools, but never need them. Why carry?

I carry a bag full of all sorts of interesting things with me pretty much everywhere I go.
Here is a list of some of what was in it at some point in time today---

- my wallet, phone and keys
- a magenta pen and an extra dark pencil
- a lime green lined notebook with perforated pages for easy removal
- a tube of bubble gum lip balm
- a pack of wintergreen chewing gum
- two nail files
- two pads (for when it's that time of the month)
- two easily packable cotton string shopping bags
- several small packs of post-it notes
- neon page flags
- a pair of tweezers
- a sterling silver spinner ring
- two travel size bottles of lotion
- a pink hairbrush

etc.

I work construction, the tools I carried when I started this thread I used a lot and it became habit to carry them

QUOTE="Mary Anne, post: 541876, member: 19512"]Well there is a lot in my briefcase, but key items are cell phone, pens, highlighters, tissues, chewing gum, adhesive back pain patches, a small bottle of “tiger balm,” ointment, computer prescription eyeglasses, extra strength acetaminophen, maximum strength caffeine tablets, a couple of squeeze stress toys, post it notes, a “tens unit” (electronic shocking device used for severe back pain), work notes and thin binder, work I.d. Clip on badge and separate lanyard, keys, and wallet.

I don’t understand all the survival tools and gadgets you guys all above carry. I own all those same described tools, but never need them. Why carry?[/QUOTE]

New Threads

Top Bottom