• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The Kpop Discussion Thread

PastelPetals

V.I.P Member
A place to discuss everything korean music from reminiscing on music past to talking about new releases and everything in between this is the place!

I'm not into it but my wife really likes BTS right now.

Last edited:
I'm not into it but my wife is obsessed with BTS right now.
Ahh yes BTS is huge right now. I used to be a bigger fan than I am now but they really helped pave the way for kpop in the USA. Does your wife have a favorite member that you know of?

My very first exposure to Kpop was Blackpink’s Boombayah, and that got me hooked.

Here a list of songs I have been enjoying lately

This is a remake of a fast and furious song I think but all the layers are very good from a sensory perspective. It follows in a long tradition of songs by SM (a kpop label) having disjointed song structures (NU ABO by F(x) and I got a boy by SNSD being good examples)

This a by WJSN ( recommend all their songs) this one of my favorite kpop songs of all time. It features more delicate instrumentation next to some some more upbeat electronic elements (though they are are softer as well)

This is cry for me by Twice (my favorite groups) this was not a title track so it does not have a music video but this is a good example of how a performance looks like when not a live performance on a stage with a crowd. Sadly one of the members was not able to attend the performance due to being on hiatus.

This is what a live performance looks like though this is special due to having two songs being performed and an interview in the middle. Really this is just a longer clip from a music show instead of a short one song clip.

@Skittlebisquit

Last edited:
Ok, so what is the best BTS song. I've listened to a few of theirs, and never particularly thought, "wow". But, maybe that's just due to my preference of the girl groups.

My very first exposure to Kpop was Blackpink’s Boombayah, and that got me hooked.

I like Kill this Love, How you like that, Whistle, and Pretty Savage, and I know Boombayah is really popular, but for some reason I've never been able to get into that particular song.

Ok, so what is the best BTS song. I've listened to a few of theirs, and never particularly thought, "wow". But, maybe that's just due to my preference of the girl groups.
I have never been a huge boy group person but I really liked the wings album and the song Lie that was a solo song by jimin. It's darker in theme than many girl groups but I still like the themes and lyrics. I have always liked their slightly sadder songs like spring day and save me over the brighter more bubblegum pop stuff they put out now.

I think all korean music could fit (k hip hop, k indie etc) though I will mostly be talking about kpop as I am mostly interested in kpop.
I was wanting to post a track I like by Shin Joong Hyun and the Men, but it's probably not a good fit here. I'll give it a miss.

I have never been a huge boy group person but I really liked the wings album and the song Lie that was a solo song by jimin. It's darker in theme than many girl groups but I still like the themes and lyrics. I have always liked their slightly sadder songs like spring day and save me over the brighter more bubblegum pop stuff they put out now.

Well, I'll give it a listen. But I do generally prefer more upbeat music. I used to be more into darker themed music, but that was at a time of my life that I was also more depressed.

These days, light fun songs like like this one make me feel happy:

Well, I'll give it a listen. But I do generally prefer more upbeat music. I used to be more into darker themed music, but that was at a time of my life that I was also more depressed.

These days, light fun songs like like this one make me feel happy:
I love Girls Day! You are right this is quite the happy song.

Have you seen/heard Itzy's newest release?

Quite different from some of their previous songs. Took a little bit for it to grow on me, and now I have it stuck in my head all the time.. Particularly, "R-r-r-ring ding ding ding". lol

Have you seen/heard Itzy's newest release?

Quite different from some of their previous songs. Took a little bit for it to grow on me, and now I have it stuck in my head all the time.. Particularly, "R-r-r-ring ding ding ding". lol
I have tried to like it but it has yet to click with me. That's quite sad considering I have liked every other song they have put out. I want to listen to the whole mini album soon as I have heard that some of the b sides are better for those who didn't like the title track.

Yeah, they have a lot of good songs too. I guess they've disbanded now though, sadly.
Yes! I have been around too long now all my favorite groups are disbanding! They disbanded in 2019 or around then right? Their last release I believe was I'll be yours...but they lasted for awhile and all things have to end. I am quite sad that Gfriend disbanded recently it was quite sudden and they even has a comeback planned!

New Threads

Top Bottom