• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The Kpop Discussion Thread

I have tried to like it but it has yet to click with me. That's quite sad considering I have liked every other song they have put out. I want to listen to the whole mini album soon as I have heard that some of the b sides are better for those who didn't like the title track.

Please share if you find them online! :)

Yeah, I think it was just the shock of how different it was from their previous releases. A lot more rap-y, actually more reminiscent of something Blackpink might do.

But ya.. It's still pretty catchy once you get used to how different it is. lol

Yes! I have been around too long now all my favorite groups are disbanding! They disbanded in 2019 or around then right? Their last release I believe was I'll be yours...but they lasted for awhile and all things have to end. I am quite sad that Gfriend disbanded recently it was quite sudden and they even has a comeback planned!

I guess Kpop seems often about what's latest and greatest. And I gather a lot of the idols use kpop as a stepping stone into other things (like acting, or fashion).

But it is sad when the bands you like are no longer producing new songs, and then you have to hunt for the next group that's good to listen to.

I never really got into GFriend. Feel free to recommend good songs though and I'll for sure give it a listen. Sometimes it's just about finding the right songs.

Like I think you said in the other thread, the industry moves really fast, and it's hard to keep up with it all sometimes.

I really miss Fiestar. I feel like their music was just starting to get really good by the time the were disbanding. Also, feel like they were rather overshadowed by GG and never really got much of a chance.

Also, AOA seems like they are pretty done now too, and will be missed.

I guess Kpop seems often about what's latest and greatest. And I gather a lot of the idols use kpop as a stepping stone into other things (like acting, or fashion).

But it is sad when the bands you like are no longer producing new songs, and then you have to hunt for the next group that's good to listen to.

I never really got into GFriend. Feel free to recommend good songs though and I'll for sure give it a listen. Sometimes it's just about finding the right songs.

Like I think you said in the other thread, the industry moves really fast, and it's hard to keep up with it all sometimes.

I really miss Fiestar. I feel like their music was just starting to get really good by the time the were disbanding. Also, feel like they were rather overshadowed by GG and never really got much of a chance.

Also, AOA seems like they are pretty done now too, and will be missed.
Fiestar was so underrated the whole time they were active witch was so sad. So many groups are so underrated and then forgotten. I think AOA is gone due to the bullying scandal sadly.

Gfriend songs I like:

I have never been a huge boy group person but I really liked the wings album and the song Lie that was a solo song by jimin. It's darker in theme than many girl groups but I still like the themes and lyrics. I have always liked their slightly sadder songs like spring day and save me over the brighter more bubblegum pop stuff they put out now.

Lie is pretty good! He's got a powerful voice.
I didn't realize what you meant by "darker in theme" until I listened to it.
I think I agree. While I do like some of the really upbeat songs like Girl's Day - Darling
I also really like songs like Fiestar - Mirror, which I think would also classify as darker theme

I think what more often draws me is the music itself though, since I don't understand the Korean, and rarely bother to look at translations of the lyrics.
I love the instrumental parts of Mirror.

What do you think of PIXY?
I kind of just stumbled across their releases when I was getting the link for Mirror.
Looks like they are pretty new.

They seem quite promising to me.

Also, I quite enjoy K/DA, although I don't know if they exactly qualify as Kpop, being that half of the group is American, and they are a "virtual" band.

But, I'll throw a couple in here anyways, cause it's good. :D

What do you think of PIXY?
I kind of just stumbled across their releases when I was getting the link for Mirror.
Looks like they are pretty new.

They seem quite promising to me.
Yes! I know of them though they never quite clicked with me due to the style of procussion they use in their songs. Their songs follow trends common right now of less melody and more percussion but I prefer having more of a mix. I love the pre chorus of wings though!

Yes! I know of them though they never quite clicked with me due to the style of procussion they use in their songs. Their songs follow trends common right now of less melody and more percussion but I prefer having more of a mix. I love the pre chorus of wings though!

Yeah, they are a bit percussion heavy, even though I don't mind some of the more percussion heavy songs.
Wings is definitely the one I like more. But I still feel like their sound isn't quite refined yet. But they seem like they have potential... Of course, they'll be living in the shadow of BlackPink.

I don't know a lot about kpop, but I like hyuuna, and t-ara. I loved bubble pop when I first heard it, which was three months ago iirc, but I don't like it that much now that I've read the lyrics.

I don't know a lot about kpop, but I like hyuuna, and t-ara. I loved bubble pop when I first heard it, which was three months ago iirc, but I don't like it that much now that I've read the lyrics.

I avoid looking at translations. Most of the lyrics seem really silly once translated into English. I'm assuming there's probably a bunch of meaning that is being "lost in translation".

I like T-ara - Number 9, but not a lot of their other songs resonated with me.
I haven't found many of Hyuna's solo songs interesting. But the band she's part of, 4minute, has a number of enjoyable tunes.

Bubble pop was the second kpop song I ever heard! I also recommend not reading the lyrics they will never make as much sense or communicate the right message.

New Threads

Top Bottom