• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Talking about trauma

Jenisautistic

V.I.P Member
Hello everyone this is Jen. I just want to say that I wanna understand how to get the trauma out of me. I have caught up in abuse and before that I don’t exactly remember too well but I want to understand how to fix the trauma and a little to say right now thanks bye

:coldsweat::fearful:

Anyone here been the trauma, anyone remember what happened me earlier in wp? It caused trouble.

I’m so sorry you’ve gone through trauma, Jen. I agree it is tough to live with. I suspect we don’t get over it, we get through it, learning some very good coping skills. We also learn ways to transform our difficult emotions. For me, tai chi has helped with this. Zen sitting meditation has also helped hugely. Others will surely have ideas and solutions.

I think much of living with trauma is also about learning how to feel safe. The results of tai chi and Zen meditation have helped me in this way.

This is a community of people who care about you, Jen. You are not alone with your feelings here. You are appreciated here.

For me, it was reading the Classics and doing ancient languages. You will find a beautiful way. I watched your videos and you are a sensitive, beautiful soul and only good things come from sensitive and beautiful souls.

You will find a way to reach others, too. You have a very big heart!

For me this man has changed my perspective on life. His breathing technique can do wonders for anyone. If you get a chance watch this 39 minute documentary. Also, if you can try his breathing technique, it has changed my life.

Last edited:
Hello everyone this is Jen. I just want to say that I wanna understand how to get the trauma out of me. I have caught up in abuse and before that I don’t exactly remember too well but I want to understand how to fix the trauma and a little to say right now thanks bye

:coldsweat::fearful:

Anyone here been the trauma, anyone remember what happened me earlier in wp? It caused trouble.

Forgiveness and believe in yourself... ALWAYS. : )

For me this man has changed my perspective on life. His breathing technique can do wonders for anyone. If you get a chance watch this 39 minute documentary. Also, if you can try his breathing technique, it has changed my life.

He is truly "Super Human" geez... thats cool

I used my aspie obsessive nature yo research the sh1t out of my trauma. I'm now an expert! For me, knowledge and understanding were key in getting my head around the how and why aspect. I also recently found an image online called the Self Care Wheel. I printed it to refer to when I'm feeling flat or uncertain.
I tried to upload it here for you but for some inexplicable reason it just won't.
Recovery takes time and is different for everyone. Do not compare yourself with others. Be kind to your body and let it do things that give you comfort and calmness.
Even if it is spending a day in pjs eating icecream watching tv... just remind yourself that this is what you need at this moment and it is ok. Tomorrow you might feel better having permitted yourself this day of rest.

Self-Care-Wheel-English.jpg

This one?

New Threads

Top Bottom