• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Stuffed Animals

Flammie91

I was curious to know if any of you keep any stuffed animals. A while ago when I used to see my psychiatrist I mentioned the fact that I had a collection of them and he said it wasn't unusual for people on the spectrum. I tell people about them sometimes, some of them dont seem to mind but others think its s bit bizarre, cause Im a 26 year old male.. I gave them all names and they kinda all have their own distinct personalities that I attributed to them, I tell people theyre my kids, lol. They give me a sense that someone is there kinda, and theyre kinda fun to play with, usually I'll make them do a dance or make them communicate to other people with their limbs and by nodding, its kinda a recurring joke in my family now, lol. Do any of you have any? For what reasons?

I was curious to know if any of you keep any stuffed animals. A while ago when I used to see my psychiatrist I mentioned the fact that I had a collection of them and he said it wasn't unusual for people on the spectrum. I tell people about them sometimes, some of them dont seem to mind but others think its s bit bizarre, cause Im a 26 year old male.. I gave them all names and they kinda all have their own distinct personalities that I attributed to them, I tell people theyre my kids, lol. They give me a sense that someone is there kinda, and theyre kinda fun to play with, usually I'll make them do a dance or make them communicate to other people with their limbs and by nodding, its kinda a recurring joke in my family now, lol. Do any of you have any? For what reasons?

Yes I have lots of stuffed animals including squirrels, huskies, cats and I am a bit older than you in real years although I am mentally in eternal adolescence, mainly due to a previous relationship that I had as an 18 year old. The huskies all have the same name, Buddy, which is also the name of one of my cats as they remind me of him. I like them and I am not embarrassed by them, some of them sit on my bed and they are one of the first things I see when I wake up each day. I'm glad you like this kind of thing too.

Yes, I do have some stuffed animals and buy them all the time. They are dog toys. The dogs seem to think that it is necessary to gut them, so I buy more.

Yes I have lots of stuffed animals including squirrels, huskies, cats and I am a bit older than you in real years although I am mentally in eternal adolescence, mainly due to a previous relationship that I had as an 18 year old. The huskies all have the same name, Buddy, which is also the name of one of my cats as they remind me of him. I like them and I am not embarrassed by them, some of them sit on my bed and they are one of the first things I see when I wake up each day. I'm glad you like this kind of thing too.
How could you name multiple of your children the same name? :/ I have a lot of cows, Im obsessed with cows for some reason, couple bears, a frog pillow type one, a raccoon, horse, and a donkey or something, not really sure what it is, lol. One of my bears is bigger than me, the rest are fairly small.

I used to have a bear named Petie. I had it for as long as I can remember. I remember when I got upset one day I made it a paraplegic. My mom took it to get stitched up and the second time I flipped out and it only had its head. That bear represented me in a way and how I felt growing up. I no longer have it but I think it's been over a year since I last had it. I regret what I did. I miss it.

I used to have a bear named Petie. I had it for as long as I can remember. I remember when I got upset one day I made it a paraplegic. My mom took it to get stitched up and the second time I flipped out and it only had its head. That bear represented me in a way and how I felt growing up. I no longer have it but I think it's been over a year since I last had it. I regret what I did. I miss it.
Gasp!............ *_*

How could you name multiple of your children the same name? :/ I have a lot of cows, Im obsessed with cows for some reason, couple bears, a frog pillow type one, a raccoon, horse, and a donkey or something, not really sure what it is, lol. One of my bears is bigger than me, the rest are fairly small.

lol it's cos I'm not good with names:) I have a few bears too.

I have an appa from avatar the last Airbender, and all the childhood stuffies I didn't lose or ruin. I'm not sure if this counts but when I got older i started collecting plastic figurines so I have filler bunny and spooky from their respective jhonen Vasquez comics, lots of those pint sized hero dolls, and a whole bunch of other random plastic toys I just liked the looks of.

Oh dear, your allowing your children to be torn up? Im calling child protective services.

Our children a grown and have families of their own. The dogs are our babies now and they get what they want. Including more dog toys when they tear them up.

I do have a few stuffed animals. I sleep with a teddy bear, Shannon, and bring her to therapy. I don't bring her anywhere else as I would be embarrassed.

If memory serves right, but don't you have a bunch of chihuahuas? That must look like a feeding frenzy when they go after the dog toys.

Yes, we have six Chihuahuas. It is really hard on the toys when two or more of them want the same toy. The really are high strung, miniature monsters.

I don't like clutter. I get into fits with there is too much out around the house. I like a very minimal decor, so I opt for lots of fluffy pillows on my couch and in the bed. Makes me feel secure, but I am not sure how abnormal that is

I don't like clutter. I get into fits with there is too much out around the house. I like a very minimal decor, so I opt for lots of fluffy pillows on my couch and in the bed. Makes me feel secure, but I am not sure how abnormal that is
Im the same way, when I moved back in with my mother i made her get rid of half of the stuff in the apartment, lol. But ill always have room for my teddies. ^_^ i like lots of pillows too but its not quite the same cause they dont look alive.

Yes, I do have some stuffed animals and buy them all the time. They are dog toys. The dogs seem to think that it is necessary to gut them, so I buy more.

I buy Mia the canvass ducks (like 10 a year)... She has to destroy it to get the squeaker and it starts at the first second I throw it to her. But for me I never had a thing with stuffed animals... Now you take my pillows and my super soft blanket and we got a problem... : )

I'm all for reasonably minimalist, but not in value. I want simple, quality, functional, and not a lot of extra stuff around. I don't like trinkets and just odd things that really take up space and collect dust. : )

I have several and they're all important peope-critters. A tattered lion, a totoro, a piglet from my husband, a dog named "bob" pronounced with a french accent, a koala, 1 very old goonie with blue hair, and a crocheted kitty that my daughter made and gave to me.

New Threads

Top Bottom