• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Questions you have asked search engines?

Mia

V.I.P Member
I found a list from fifteen years ago on a pad of paper!

What is a URL?
What is a constitutional monarchy?
How to keep water from freezing outside?
How many types of maple tree are there?
Which plants have acuminate leaflets?
Are violets considered zygomorphic or irregular?

What questions have you asked?

Last edited:
* Can a sudden blow to the elbow cause an arthritic condition?

* Section Four, Twenty-Fifth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution

* Vaccine Efficacy

* Has the Black Watch ever been deployed to Northern Ireland?

* Saoradh Easter Parade YouTube

* Brexit dissidents and the Irish border YouTube

Last edited:
How to find a left handed republican accountant

Silly questions mess with the algorithms for what you are interested in

You'd be amazed at the sheer number of times I've asked Google why Windows 10 sucks so much.

Not that Google is perfect. You can spot the moments where I got frustrated with it, looking through search history, when you see a string of the same question but with small changes, until the last one, where "YOU STUPID LUMP GOOGLE JUST DO YOUR JOB" is added to the end of it.

I am on PubMed, Medline, Cochrane Reviews, and Google Scholar most of the time. Generally interested in how things work and how to apply it. Working in health care with a mind of an engineer.

I think the searches are getting more useful, I recall asking stuff years ago and not a lot would come up that was useful, but nowadays I very often get really useful information.

But I also use Google as a kind of default memory, nowadays. Quite a lot of facts seem to have dropped out from my web of knowledge, so I have the shape of things often but not all the specifics. I think that's called, getting older.

Santa Tracker
Besides oneself (definition, word history)
How long does cooked cured pork round last in the fridge?

201412549b3bae8a39c.png

Last edited:
Just today:

"Do mountain lions eat cats?" (After reading an article about a mountain lion sighting nearby, and a neighbor reported missing a cat.)

"How long do laptops last?" (After my laptop screen started flickering. For some reason I assumed as long as you take good care of it, it would last forever.)

"How much to paint a car?" (I really need to get this done at some point.)

"Can you wear a sports bra outside?" (After seeing two girls exercising in the park in their bras, unusual in this neighborhood.)

How to repel spiders?
How to make eucalyptus spray?
Can spiders smell?
What is the difference between recourse and subrogation?

When travelling forward in a car using no form of heaters or air conditioning,
why does the condensation settle on the rear window?

Preprioception and vestibular activities for 15month old.

Easiest method for suicide.
(No intent. Just curious:) )

Electric Sabre Saw.

Easiest method for removing tree stumps.

Big, comfy Bras with wide straps.

What is purpose of cranefly?

Local tiers and current restrictions.(Covid)

Weather forecast for tomorrow.

When it come to mathematical conversions like 12in to cm. Not only will it tell me that the answer is 30.48cm. But it will display a special legend/dialog box with all the info as well as the formula to get the answer, like multiply by 2.54. which is all good. But if I enter "green colored ruby"? I will get normal search results. The results will contain words like "emerald" and "gem stone". But it contains no corrective information like "A green colored ruby is actually called an emerald and is part of the gem stone family". That would be one nice thing for the google search algorithm to have in it.

How to repel spiders?
How to make eucalyptus spray?
Can spiders smell?
What is the difference between recourse and subrogation?

Spiders - Horse Chestnuts. Or horse chestnut spray when 'conkers' are out of season.
I line my windowsills and floor edges with horse chestnuts. Nary a spider to be seen.
(I'm in UK, we don't have big, scary poisonous spiders)

My recent question stumped the search engine. What neat recipes to use hominy in. I only got a handful of recipes. What movie had those pod vampire babies? Van Helsing. How do you clean your sewer line? You buy enzymes and dump in your system once a year which l need to do. Did K-Flay put out a new song? Yes, remake of Green Day song called Brain Stew-l love the cool drums and sound effects. The ending reminds me of Beatles when the sound effects were off the wall. Its a slow song. And finally- new country club jokes, because l have told my clean and dirty ones, and l need a backup jokes.

Last edited:
Dog and Cat coronvirus joke

Dogs: Oh my God, you are home. You are here all day.I love you, l love you. We are going to spend all day together.

Cats: What the hay are you still doing here?

How to remove a Google review.
Foods to increase platelets
What is in the sky tonight
BBC news tonight's broadcast
New virus strain

Try this one :)

In the 1960's and 1970's a company in Calgary built travel trailers using the name South Park on them... If you happen to own one (I know there are still a few around), just try doing a websearch...

Think one rather irreverent (and popular) animated TV series that came along many years later, also called South Park... So if you want to narrow the search for your vintage travel trailer, easy, just simply add the word "trailer" or perhaps "travel trailer" to the search... Then again all TV shows have trailers for them... :p

Something like that (and I do know other parts of the world who call travel trailers something different, it's just something we do in North America)

Maybe websearch has gotten better now in such situations, there was also a company just south of Calgary that built "Tee Pee" travel trailers in 1960's and 1970's as well, I'll stop there, just little very obscure odds and end of useless historical information :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I mostly web search for historical information, particularly about vintage photos from my collection, or quite often historical information about transportation, I've typed in rather obscure search terms in those quests...

It occurs to me also that some things can sound incredibly weird out of context. Video game related stuff, for instance.

Try these:

"Does dead cat remove soul hearts?"

"What does mom's toenail do?"

"Is Guppy's hairball a guppy item?"

Makes perfect sense to me, and all related to the same game. But they all sound like questions from a deranged madman to those who dont get what it's from.

Also I didnt come up with these myself, they show up in the "people often ask" short list. So... these are common questions.

I found a list from fifteen years ago on a pad of paper!

What is a URL?
What is a constitutional monarchy?
How to keep water from freezing outside?
How to build an outside cat shelter?
DIY building?
What does AFK mean?
What does SIL mean?

Why are platypi distinct?
Why is there a pigeon on my verandah?

What happens when you swallow gum?
Why can't werewolves climb stairs?

How many types of maple tree are there?
Which plants have acuminate leaflets?
Are violets considered zygomorphic or irregular?

What questions have you asked?

Yesterday I asked if protein was a polymer. That was cool finding out that it is. But I often ask Google questions I could not ask a regular person without them laughing at me, like simple life questions about feeling and expressions. I also ask about something popular or well known because I don't usually know anything about things like that.

I got Alexa speakers about a month ago and she has been helping me all day everyday with questions. I ask her what day it is a lot. A real person would get annoyed but she always tells me.

If I had a good memory I would make a list of things I have asked her, like you did but I cannot remember things like that well enough. I guess, science questions, life skills, what expressions mean and who someone famous is that people are talking about.

New Threads

Top Bottom