• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Questions you have asked search engines?

My more common uses for search engines:

* Unit conversions (as with @FreeDiver)

* Locating distances between two points (BTW, RometoRio is great for looking up various point-to-point options when traveling)

* Cultural things or terms. Like why are many American football trophies referred to as a "bowl" (Super Bowl, Rose Bowl, etc.) when the prize is usually a silver statue?

* When I'm playing a trivia game, have no idea, and am panicking badly

“Bad wrap”, “bad rap”, or “bad rep” Idiom and etymology.
Then an adventure in idiomland with all sorts of neat origin stories to very strange phrases. I love language!

Recently:

vestibular and propreoceptive hyposensitivity and head/neck and hip/abdominal movements.

Eris ephemeris (astrology)

Jupiter and/or Saturn transiting natal Sun (also astrology)

The search engine I use is called Ecosia, but it’s still good. Plants one tree for every 40-odd searches.

Mine come in categories:

Category 1: name of band I want to check out + YouTube. So tday I googled: Moon Museum Youtube. and then Robin and the Backstabbers YouTube. Now I'm about to Google "Millenium The Sin vinyl."

Category 2: Slang terms. acronyms or pop culture references that people post on the internet that I don't understand. Yesterday I Googled "pod people."

Category 3: troubleshooting technical problems on my PC or software issues, or "how to..." Most recently a lot of these searches have had to do with Bluesound Node and technical problems I have been having with the BluOS app.

Category 4: wanting more information about a topic or curiosity about something.

Usually it’s a search on furthering an interest in a topic, research for hobbies, pet related stuff...but sometimes it’s been slang terms, idioms and acronyms that confuse me. The most recent being was what the word ghosted meant.

New Threads

Top Bottom