• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Psychology Fun

CassLovesBears

Alekzandra
My names Alexandra and I LOVE psychology. I could talk about it endlessly. Anyone else who loves psychology feel free to post some fun facts, good books, or even a youtube documentary :) we can also have in depth discussions about the perplexity of human behaivours.

I was a social sciences major in college so I took a lot of psychology classes. Abnormal psychology was my favorite class. If you are interested in mental health I recommend Kati Morton's Youtube channel.
Kati Morton

Psychology is insightful, invaluable information that can be used to navigate the world more effectively and live in a more healthy, happy manner, combined with complete and utter, hilarious BS. :)

My favorite psychological thing: The Dunning-Kruger Effect. Essentially, the skills required to critically evaluate your performance are the same skills needed to get better at something. People who don't have these skills not only never get better at something, but they often think they're terrific at it when they're actually terrible. Skip the dry article in the link above and read this fun version: Why a bank robber thought covering himself in lemon juice would help him get away with it.

My least favorite psychological thing is the opposite of Dunning-Kruger: Imposter Syndrome - people who are overcritical of themselves can be driven to excel by their perfectionism, but may never acknowledge it themselves.

So...if you're overly critical of yourself...if you frequently beat yourself up over small mistakes - be grateful. That means you don't suffer from the Dunning-Kruger effect and you might actually be incredible.

I've mentioned a former career counselor of mine, she recently got her masters in counseling psychology. It is a great area of study as you can really help people to live their best lives.

My names Alexandra and I LOVE psychology. I could talk about it endlessly. Anyone else who loves psychology feel free to post some fun facts, good books, or even a youtube documentary :) we can also have in depth discussions about the perplexity of human behaivours.

I love Psychology too! I have a B.A. in Psychology and I still read Psychology books for fun in my free time, just can't get enough of it! Here's a book list of some of my favs for you:

Mindsight by Siegel
Quiet by Susan Cain
Laws of Human Nature by Greene
The Social Animal
The Language of Emotions

Lately I've been interested in the link between aggression and envy.

Last edited:
I've always been interested in neuro-psychology. Sort of the hard drive of how all the different
sections, chemical transmitters, synapse, neurons, and electrical pathways of the brain create different
minds. What's responsible for the differences in the human mentality.
The collective of all the combined workings of the brain is responsible for the way we think and our
psychological make up.

If you take away the attempts of the world trying to program how you believe and should behave,
you would be left with diverse thinking and behavioural patterns.

To me psychology is a lesson in how to manipulate others. When people try to use it on me all I can do is laugh at them and think of the words of Jabba the Hut "Your mind tricks will not work on me young Jedi."

To me psychology is a lesson in how to manipulate others. When people try to use it on me all I can do is laugh at them and think of the words of Jabba the Hut "Your mind tricks will not work on me young Jedi."

My brother wants to take a psychology class so he can mess with me and my other siblings...

My brother wants to take a psychology class so he can mess with me and my other siblings...

Maybe the class will instead inform him of his reasons for desiring that and his self-awareness will improve and the desire will dissolve. :)

I tend to have an aversion for anything I can't spell. But I don't (copy/paste) mind Psychology in little bits. Like in bugs. I feel I have an intuitive understanding of bug psychology. I considered a career as an ant therapist for a while. "So how did you feel being sprayed with Raid" ;)

I took Psych in High School in both Grade 11 & 12, did very well granted some of my tests were modified as per my IEP (got As); sadly don't quite remember a lot of it, but I do remember doing an assignment on Albert Bandura and his Bobo Dolls regarding aggression in children which was interesting.

New Threads

Top Bottom