• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Proud Accomplishments

Cali Cat

Femme Ferale
I wanted to start a thread where members can post accomplishments of which they are proud. It can be grand things, or small steps towards a bigger goal ... or just something you're proud of yourself for doing. For those of us who perpetually procrastinate, it may be helpful to announce our achievements to possibly receive positive reinforcement from other members. I searched for similar threads, but did not find one. I apologize if I missed a duplicate somewhere.

My accomplishment for this day: I actually prepared and printed out the 2013 tax return for my father's estate. I had to file for an extension in April because my father was dying at that time. I feared I wouldn't be able to get this done by the deadline of October 15th. As usual, I imagined it to be much harder and more complicated than it turned out to be. There's even a refund due, which makes the task more rewarding.

If I had a goal checklist, here's what it would look like:
Making friends. Tick! :D
Managing anxiety/finding ways to get meltdowns smaller and smaller. Tick! :D
Talking in class. Tick! :D

So I've done a lot. :)
Thanks to a supportive special ed class, amazingly loyal friends and of course, my mum.
Learning more about asperger's also helped me. :D

I made the pigs-in-a-blanket today before the ingredients went bad! I get all these ideas when I'm making a grocery list, the completely loose interest when I come home these days.

For me it would being accepted in the business program I'm taking now. It was a very long process. Applied Mid July, found out mid August that they accept my business idea but can't accept me in the program during that time as they don't have the funds to provide extra accommodations for my disability.

The employment center that deals with disabilities said they willing to help with the costs. One month after that they decided they accept me and forward my application to the government. Then end of September the government accepted me. This is a close call as by that time, I only had 3 weeks left of unemployment insurance.

The next step is to ensure all my accommodations does get meet and ensure my business is successful.

For me it would being accepted in the business program I'm taking now...

So many hoops to jump through when financial aid is needed. That must've been nerve-racking for awhile. I think I've said it before, but congratulations again on accomplishing quite a feat!

Today I did fairly well at work! I've been trying to get better at talking to customers (even if its just getting better at scripting) and today I managed that for a good while. I even managed not to get intimidated by the managers that were up front today playing supervisor (of the cashiers, like me) cause we were so shorthanded today. One of them even called over to me and said hi to me when i was walking back to my locker. He's not my manager so i was surprised, and glad, he did that.

I like this thread, its a good reminder.
I take pride in small things. I made a delicious chocolate mouse today, my 74 year old neighbor and her friends loved it.
Last week, on a train someone sneezed on me, I managed not to throw up.

I like this thread, its a good reminder.

I agree! I focus and dwell way too much on my mistakes/failures/everything-negative. I'm bad enough with it that i literally didn't have anything good to say about myself until customers at work started complimenting me for my work when i first got the job. In short, this thread was a great idea.

Okay, my accomplishment "mojo" is finally working again. Today, I managed to get through opening all my built up mail on my desk and paid most of the bills, at least the ones in the pile of mail on which I was working. I also got my business partner's license renewal papers in the mail, and I just finished up my father's 2013 federal and state taxes that are due tomorrow. I will get those in the mail this evening. There is much more to do here, and I won't mention the work deadlines I'm blowing off to do this, but I'm happy to have this much done.

I had the day off today, so instead of just laying around all day I finally got around to de-cluttering my room. I still have an entire closet to clean out, and a few drawers, so its a work in progress, but I at least started. Dusted and vacuumed too, and i do that like maybe twice a year. Its that bad.

I got the 2013 taxes done for me, my father's estate and my friend/business partner today and got them all in the mail. Even with an extension, I can't complete the taxes until the very last day. :(

Still, they are done now, and I am proud. :D

I finally finished all the reports I needed to write for work this week. I am so relieved. All these responsibilities have been hanging over my head like the Sword of Damocles, when all I really want to do is get the rest of the feral cats spayed and neutered.

I finished one of my Christmas bears! Eight to go. Maybe if I start now I won't be panicking two weeks before Christmas about what I'm giving all the kids this year. I think for the adults I'll just draw Christmas cards.

I wanted to start a thread where members can post accomplishments of which they are proud. It can be grand things, or small steps towards a bigger goal ... or just something you're proud of yourself for doing. For those of us who perpetually procrastinate, it may be helpful to announce our achievements to possibly receive positive reinforcement from other members. I searched for similar threads, but did not find one. I apologize if I missed a duplicate somewhere.

My accomplishment for this day: I actually prepared and printed out the 2013 tax return for my father's estate. I had to file for an extension in April because my father was dying at that time. I feared I wouldn't be able to get this done by the deadline of October 15th. As usual, I imagined it to be much harder and more complicated than it turned out to be. There's even a refund due, which makes the task more rewarding.

this really is an achievment, as i dont think i could ever do something this complicated and would be afraid of messing things up or getting cheated. this is how i see it.

terrible that your father was dying. really sorry to read this.

i saved a sick kitten and took her home to live with me, Hazelnut. and she's healthy now. i hold down a job and run a blog. i learned self defense and learned to control my aspie rage attacks.

New Threads

Top Bottom