• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Proud Accomplishments

I'm proud of myself for finally getting started with hats for the next comic con, and mainly because one I've wanted to try to make for ages (but have been putting off) is done!

Beat one of my inner demons today, for some reason the idea of taking the bus has been a source of anxiety for me, but I managed to push myself into just going out there and doing it. Silly, but yeah. One down, legions to go.~

Beat one of my inner demons today, for some reason the idea of taking the bus has been a source of anxiety for me, but I managed to push myself into just going out there and doing it. Silly, but yeah. One down, legions to go.~

Not silly, at all! It's amazing!! Sometimes, just walking through a door can be a most difficult thing; ain't anxiety wonderful!?

It's not silly to me. Close proximity with total strangers always weirds me out. I took the subway for ten straight years to work, but I never was able to lose the uncomfortable factor.

Just as I can look people in the eye for a limited time, I still will never become accustomed to it.

Yee ha, made Japanese omelets for the first time and it was easy. They look nice when rolled up and cut in squares. Other than that I used the treadmill for thirty, which seems to be gathering a little (cough cough) dust.

Yee ha, made Japanese omelets for the first time and it was easy. They look nice when rolled up and cut in squares. Other than that I used the treadmill for thirty, which seems to be gathering a little (cough cough) dust.

I have a treadmill being delivered next friday. I love walking, but I hate leaving the house, so win win.

I visited my parents, and things went well! Normally I see them Sunday, but my mother wants to try Saturday. I thought to myself, in the big scheme of things, it doesn't make a difference.

My father and I have always experienced friction in out relationship; age has just made him a very unhappy, cranky man. But I dealt with that well tonight. I mentally prepared myself beforehand, and during, I consciously sought to step back and consider my words and the effect they'd have. I didn't even let out any little sighs. I was the perfect guest.

Doesn't always work as well as I'd like, but it works better than not trying at all!

And today I cleaned out a drain-pipe that was draining less and less: yuck!

• Wrote an essay about Batman & Robin (1997) that got an A grade.
  • Finished the Harry Potter series in 5th Grade. Went on to finish The Mortal Instruments.
  • Went to the dentist for the first time in forever.

New Threads

Top Bottom