• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Post something Weird or Random

Nomadgames-slide-0A49-superJumbo.jpg

Woman at the nomad games. Who used to work in a circus, she's a crack shot with an arrow.

can I ask why are you think it's weird I'm just intrigued to hear the sense of humour of someone else

Wasn't "Walk on The Wild Side" a mainstream, primetime show on BBC1? I seem to remember it having a mid evening time slot.
I wouldn't personally call it weird - it was quite tame compared to a lot of Brit humour but I suppose it's a matter of perspective :)
I've seen "Creature Comforts" described as weird/bizarre before too, and that was hilarious.

Wasn't "Walk on The Wild Side" a mainstream, primetime show on BBC1? I seem to remember it having a mid evening time slot.
I wouldn't personally call it weird - it was quite tame compared to a lot of Brit humour but I suppose it's a matter of perspective :)
I've seen "Creature Comforts" described as weird/bizarre before too, and that was hilarious.

I was thinking it must be something to do with being American! but I wasn't sure !it just seemed like ,typical pub humour to me !.

I was thinking it must be something to do with being American! but I wasn't sure !it just seemed like ,typical pub humour to me !.

It may well be and I'd agree about the humour style. Humour often doesn't travel well. You only have to look at all the sitcoms that have been remade on both sides of the pond. If you want to cringe then look up the US pilots of Red Dwarf or The Inbetweeners! There's been some which have been reimagined and been huge hits too, like The Office, Sanford (Steptoe) & Son and All in The Family (Till Death us do Part).
Then there's the Dutch Golden Girls and the Spanish Cheers...

Last edited:
It may well be and I'd agree about the humour style. Humour often doesn't travel well. Going have to look at all the sitcoms that have been remade on both sides of the pond. If you want to cringe then look up the US pilots of Red Dwarf or The Inbetweeners! There's been some which have been reimagined and been huge hits too, like The Office, Sanford (Steptoe) & Son and All in The Family (Till Death us do Part).
Then there's the Dutch Golden Girls and the Spanish Cheers...
couldn't do it I think I'm too autistic to cope with the change if I've seen one version that's it don't like another one .

can I ask why are you think it's weird I'm just intrigued to hear the sense of humour of someone else
Using animals to portray the human race I found funny and more laughable than using human actors would be. And weird, because you never see anything like that here in US.
Probably a difference between here and there or there and here. :p

This thread.
I like this thread.
It's where I can post random memes without context and no-one will judge me for it.
I'm gonna make sure it doesn't die.

The husband and wife molecular researchers noted
there are two hundred species of Mycoplasma.
Most are innocuous and do no harm. Only four or five are pathogenic.
“Mycoplasma fermentans
(incognitus strain) probably
comes from the nucleus of the
Brucella
bacterium. This
disease agent is not a bacterium and not a virus; it is a
mutated form of the
Brucella
bacterium, combined with a
visna virus, from which the mycoplasma is extracted,” they
said. “[T]he little mycoplasma also lost some of its genetic
information, such as the genes that encode the thick cell
wall and other genes that code for certain enzymes in
metabolic pathways. Thus it is smaller than the most
common bacteria, and without the distinctive cell walls
found in most bacteria it can take on a variety of
morphologies. It must hide inside animal or human cells to
survive, and although originally thought to be fairly fragile,
the little mycoplasma was hardier than anyone had ever
imagined.”
Although considered primitive by bacteriological
standards, the mycoplasma actually evolved from bacteria
that contained cell walls but lost its ability to make its own
cell wall, probably because it no longer needed it when
hiding inside hosts’ cells and tissues. “But it made up for
the loss of some of its genetic information by having
evolved with other genetic sequences that allowed it to
enter and colonize cells just like viruses.... [But] it was not a
virus because it retained the genetic and biochemical
remnants of bacteria. Like a virus, however, it damaged
cells by interfering with some of the cells’ biochemical
cycles, and it encoded some nasty molecules that caused
invaded cells to slowly self-destruct and die,” said the
Nicolsons, noting that important targets inside cells were
the mitochondria, cellular “batteries” that produce energy
and the DNA

Last night I read that there was a toy at Target in the US and Walmart in Canada that was taken off the shelves because some people found it inappropriate. It's a toy time bomb that kids have to defuse before it "explodes". Apparently one person even mailed one as their idea of a joke and the word "BOOM" is written on a piece of paper in the box it came in. People complained that this toy is terrible in an era of terrorism, and that it will desensitize children to such things.

And while I may agree with that, naturally selling toy guns and other weapons is still acceptable, and if a parent thinks a toy isn't appropriate for their kids, they should just, you know, not buy it?

New Threads

Top Bottom